Jehovah`s Witness/Creation

Question
QUESTION: There are obvious flaws in Darwin’s “Origins” theory and science freely admits that it does not have all the answers to how life started. The bible refers to Jehovah as our Creator and describes him as a God of Love.

When I look at the evidence around me, I see a scatter-gun approach to reproduction and survival that is typical of our universe, from the microscopic level of bacteria to the macroscopic level of planets settling into a goldilocks zone around a suitable sun. We operate it ourselves on the human level, 500,000 of sperm released in each ejaculation, none of which may necessarily reach its target egg, only one needing to be successful. Another winner in life’s lottery!

We see this throughout nature. Look how many eggs that a frog lays, because so few of the tadpoles reach a stage where they can reproduce themselves. Fish spawning, maggots heaving, nits eggs in children’s hair – the examples are too many to list here, but it is “nature’s” way of ensuring some offspring have a chance of surviving predators, in order that the genes of the species continue.

We see it in vegetation – dandelion flowers, thistle heads, conkers, fruit, berries (both poisonous and animal-friendly), other seeds (whether human-friendly or poisonous such as the laburnum).

Survivors end up in an environment perfect for them. There is no room for losers.

This can all be explained in a harsh evolved world. My question is how can one reconcile this indifference for the lives of the losers to a loving Creator?

Best regards
Merv

ANSWER: Man had an environment perfect for him,a paradise,he has everything he needed ,nothing was lacking,he had a chance to partake of a certain  tree that had the seal of the living God Jehovahs guarantee that once he consume just one piece of fruit from that tree he would be able to live for all eternity,forever.Even after he sinned and was banished from the garden he still could have lived forever if he could have just still partook from that tree.The reason is because God said the tree represented life.

Adam never did know of the tree of life and what eating from it would mean he was only told what tree not to eat from,looking at this with logic,he was alone in the area where this tree was for a long time and never did eat from it,we know that because he heard God say:

Genesis 3:22
King James Version (KJV)

22 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Now Adam knew of this tree so to prevent him from sneaking back in and eating finally God had messengers guard access to that tree.

(Genesis 3:23-24) . . .With that Jehovah God put him out of the garden of E´den to cultivate the ground from which he had been taken. 24 And so he drove the man out and posted at the east of the garden of E´den the cherubs and the flaming blade of a sword that was turning itself continually to guard the way to the tree of life.

The Spiritual Slave was asked this question:

w64 Questions from Readers

• How did Adam after his rebellion learn that God said, “Here the man has become like one of us in knowing good and bad, and now in order that he may not put his hand out and actually take fruit also of the tree of life and eat and live to time indefinite,—”? (Gen. 3:22)—E. D., U.S.A.

Jehovah said it out loud so that Adam could hear and know why he was being driven out of the paradise of pleasure. In doing this, God surprised Adam with something that he did not know before, neither he nor his wife, Eve; namely, that in the middle of the garden there was the “tree of life” and that to be privileged to eat of that tree betokened that the eater was deserving of life everlasting in the paradise.

There is nothing in the preceding record to indicate that either Adam or Eve knew of this “tree of life” in the middle of the Garden of Eden, when Eve engaged in conversation with the serpent. Then she mentioned only the trees of the garden and included them all in one group and made an exception only with the “tree of the knowledge of good and bad,” which was prohibited to her and her husband, but she made no mention to the serpent of the “tree of life in the middle of the garden,” this tree that is mentioned in the ninth verse of the second chapter.

(Genesis 3:24) . . .And so he drove the man out and posted at the east of the garden of E´den the cherubs and the flaming blade of a sword that was turning itself continually to guard the way to the tree of life.

Mankind has ended up as losers for what one man did,none of us were there yet we suffer and die for what he did,But because of what another man did we can still enjoy that same  environment in paradise.

Paradise was not lost forever.

Prophet Grünbaum

QUESTION: Many thanks for your reply. Your answer would suggest though that the Garden of Eden was an area on Earth as a perfect environment for Adamesque man, much in the same way as a perfect medium of culture is provided in a petri dish. Outside that environment was an Earth where the flora and fauna had evolved to much a similar state as we find today, even if it is acknowledged that Jehovah provided the original spark of life.
Your reply does not explain the predator/prey situation and the small percentage of tadpoles (as an example) which achieve reproductive maturity. A created perfect world does not require one species feeding off another. The orange jellyfish for example incorporates algae into its skin cells, and converts the sugars from photosynthesis into energy.
Fossil records (e.g. stomach contents of carnivorous dinosaurs)demonstrate that before 6000 years ago there was a predator/prey situation on Earth.
There is also substantial evidence of man being on the Earth earlier than 6000 years ago. I agree in advance that dating methods are not always accurate, but surely common sense must prevail?
Are you really claiming that in the Garden of Eden frogs would have produced just a couple of eggs, and since Adam sinned they now have to lay up to 10,000 eggs (depending on the species)to ensure that enough survive predators? God sure does work in mysterious ways!

ANSWER: (Romans 8:22) 22 For we know that all creation keeps on groaning together and being in pain together until now. . .

You are assuming there would be predators on the earth in paradise,there was never the need for animals to kill for food ,Adam was a vegetarian and animals didn't eat meat so I guess I dont understan the point youre making.

God tells us in the paradise to come a lion will eat straw :

(Isaiah 65:25) . . .The wolf and the lamb themselves will feed as one, and the lion will eat straw just like the bull; and as for the serpent, his food will be dust. They will do no harm nor cause any ruin in all my holy mountain,” Jehovah has said.

Like I said I dont see your point.

QUESTION: "You are assuming there would be predators on the earth in paradise".

I feel I must apologise for giving you that impression, because I was actually stating the opposite. Please excuse my poor phrasing and allow me to try again.

The bible does not give a date for the creation of the Garden of Eden, but man has interpreted bible chronology as Adam being placed therein at approximately 6000 years ago.

The whole of Earth was not a paradise at that time, but as you have pointed out from the scriptures, that was and will be Jehovah's purpose.

There is massive evidence that predatory animal life existed on this planet long before 4000 BC (ish). The assumption I am making is that they lived outside of the Garden of Eden.

You seem to be saying that animals only turned predatory after Adam sinned, i.e. sometime over the last 6000 years. That seems highly unlikely, and is ignoring a vast array of evidence. Cave paintings depict for example the sabre-toothed tiger, and fossilised animal remains have been found in the stomachs of dinosaurs.

Genesis 1 v 24/25 clearly states three categories of animals: domestic, moving and the wild beast. This latter category could refer to the predatory animals. The only animal I can see "cursed" by Adam's sin is the serpent.

Thank you for the time and trouble of your replies
Merv

Answer
"The whole of Earth was not a paradise at that time, but as you have pointed out from the scriptures, that was and will be Jehovah's purpose.

There is massive evidence that predatory animal life existed on this planet long before 4000 BC (ish). The assumption I am making is that they lived outside of the Garden
of Eden"

Eventhough the entire earth was not just like the small garden it was Gods purpose that the whole earth to become just like Adam was,we know that because of his mandate:

(Genesis 1:28) 28 Further, God blessed them and God said to them: “Be fruitful and become many and fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving upon the earth.”

If there were predatory animals killing then the earth would not be a safe place ,we know animals were not predatory because as I showed God said the wolf and the lamb themselves will feed as one,that suggest they at one time fed as one until the natural balance was upset

So if we look close at the diet of predatory animals of today, lions eat large amount of grain and fruit which suggest this was its diet at one time.

I get the impression you more lean to evolution than God ,its just my impression,so state where you stand,you said there are obvious flaws in Darwin’s “Origins” theory but you said When I look at the evidence around me, I see a scatter-gun approach to reproduction and survival that is typical of our universe.

So lets look at this even more close as with a microscope,Im not going to get into creation vs evolution I will show you that God had to be behind all of this and its impossible for it to be any other way.

Its believedby those that instead of God life spontaneously arose in the oceans however there are over 100 amino acids, but only 20 are needed for life’s proteins ,they come in two shapes, some of the molecules are right handed and others are left handed.

If as some believed they were formed at random, as in a organic type soup of some kind ,it is most likely that half would be right-handed and half left-handed and there is no known reason that has been explained why either shape right or left should be preferred in living things.

Now with that said of the 20 of the 100 amino acids used in producing life’s proteins, all are left handed.

How is it that at random only the specifically required kinds would be united in the soup,the sharpest minds cant explain it

Physicist J. D. Bernal Emmanuel College, Cambridge University acknowledges:

“It must be admitted that the explanation still remains one of the most difficult parts of the structural aspects of life to explain.” He concluded: “We may never be able to explain it.

He took the first X-ray photographs of hydrated protein crystals using the trick of bathing the crystals in their mother liquor, giving one of the first glimpses of the world of molecular structure that underlies living things.

So even he was baffled at all being left handed ,its clear its not random.What chance is there that the correct amino acids would come together to form a protein molecule.

It could be likened to having a big, thoroughly mixed pile containing equal numbers of red beans and white beans. There are also over 100 different varieties of beans. Now, if you plunged a scoop into this pile, what do you think you would get.

Remember you only have 1 chance forever so it has to be the right mixture on the very forst scoop,now your task is to get the beans that represent the basic components of a protein, you would have to scoop up only red ones no white ones at all Also, your scoop must contain only 20 varieties of the red beans, and each one must be in a specific, preassigned place in the scoop.

In the world of protein, a single mistake in any one of these requirements would cause the protein that is produced to fail to function properly and would not sustain life.

No matter how much stirring and scooping you done in this bean pile you would fail the right combination not only the very first time which is all the chances you would ever have but you would stand there literally forever stirring and scooping and never get it right ,its just impossible.

Then how would it have been possible in the hypothetical organic soup.

It had to have an intellent mind behind it,it just could not be random.

The proteins needed for life have very complex molecules. What is the chance of even a simple protein molecule forming at random in an organic soup.

Evolutionists acknowledge it to be only one in 10113,so thats 1 followed by 113 zeros.

Consider this,the one chance in just 1050 is dismissed by mathematicians as never happening.

An idea of the odds, or probability, involved is seen in the fact that the number 10113 is larger than the estimated total number of all the atoms in the universe

If one is not prejudiced either by social beliefs or by a scientific training into the conviction that life originated spontaneously on the Earth, this simple calculation wipes the idea entirely out.

If you came up with the answer here you still have to explain nucleotides, the structural units of DNA.

The chance of forming even the simplest of these histones is said to be one in 20100 a number
larger than the total of all the atoms in all the stars and galaxies visible in the largest astronomical telescopes.

So the question they have asked themselves is Intelligence Involved here,with the astronomical odds against a living cell forming by chance, some evolutionists feel forced to back away.

The authors of Evolution From Space, Hoyle and Wickramasinghe said:

"These issues are too complex to set numbers to There is no way in which we can simply get by with a bigger and better organic soup, as we ourselves hoped might be possible a year or two ago. The numbers we calculated above are essentially just as unfaceable for a universal soup as for a terrestrial one.

If you want to ignore the obvious go right ahead,I just wanted to show just a small part why its not random I could be here all day with thousands of other examples,God has left his imprint no question about it.

Prophet Grünbaum  

Jehovah`s Witness

Benyamin Grünbaum