Jehovah`s Witness/Who is the Faithful and Discreet Slave?

Hello Mr Holland,

For the last couple days I have given Mr Grunbaum several opportunities to answer this question regarding the identity of the F&DS. He has yet to answer.

Could you possibly identify the F&DS, and explain exactly what the Watchtower stands to gain from the "new light"?

Hello Kevin, how are you today?  I believe this is the first time on Allexperts, that I have ever answered 2 questions from 2 different people, with the same name.  First time for everything, I guess.

Here is what I CAN tell you, regarding the Faithful and Discreet Slave...It is viewed as VITALLY important, that this "slave" is correctly identified.  In fact, it appears to be a matter of salvation, in the minds of Jehovah's Witnesses.  So, what's the problem?  Well, the problem is, that here lately the JWs themselves cannot seem to identify the "slave".

I have been reading various answers to this particular question, over the past couple of months.  And it seems nobody wants to give a straight answer to the question.  Instead, they want to dance around like a barefooted man standing in the midst of a camp fire.  I have seen you ask this question to DW, and all you get is that they are "a group of anointed" JWs.

How vague can you get?  Since the "anointed" themselves are a small group amongst the many other JWs viewed as the "great crowd", this answer means absolutely nothing, and is quite evasive if you ask me.  So, is the "Slave" comprised of ALL of the "anointed", since they themselves are a "group", or is it a "group" within the "group", meaning that it isn't all of the "anointed", but a small segment of them.

And to be honest, I have read your back and forth with another expert on this topic in the past day or so, and the tactic is one that, unfortunately, I have witnessed all too often in the past.....Ignoring YOUR original question, turning it around back on you by accusing YOUR belief of being false (even though you didn't state what your belief was), and then demanding that you answer HIS questions.  And then after all of the big "run around", claiming that he has answered your question, when it is clear he did not.

Some of these JWs seem to forget who the experts are, and who the questioners are.  Now, I think if there is a debate format going on, then the expert has a right to ask questions too.  But on matters of a simple doctrinal question, the expert should not ignore your original question, and then demand that you answer HIS.  

I noticed that the answer basically consisted of attacking the churches of christendom (as almost every answer does), attacking the rapture, and then demanding that YOU answer HIS questions about the Kingdom of God...another topic that had nothing to do with the question.  

The only problem is, your question had NOTHING to do with any of those things, and your question was never answered.  Its obvious he is dancing around, and trying to avoid answering.  

So, we have to ask ourselves..."Why"?

Especially on an issue that they CLAIM is so important, that your very life hinges on properly identifying the "Slave".  You would think they would be happy to answer your question, in a clear and easy-to-understand manner.

But I think there is a reason, and as I stated several weeks back, this issue bears watching.  There has been much talk circulating, that a change in the doctrine is in the making.  Now, if this is true, and if the change is what has been suggested it is, then this presents problems of monumental proportions for the Watchtower.  Perhaps that is why you cannot get this question answered?

I know this much...IF there has indeed been a change, then the answer you were given to this question back several months ago, is outdated.  Perhaps that is why the expert is now refusing to talk about it.  He has to either give an answer that is different from his answer of months ago, or hold to his original answer, and therefore be giving out information that is not viewed as correct.  

I think a JW who actually KNOWS what the current teaching is, needs to clarify.  And I don't mean vague and meaningless answers like "The slave is a group of anointed JWs", or "Before I answer this, tell me about your beliefs on the kingdom and the dumb belief in a rapture".

That is ridiculous!  Just answer the question!  I think something is definitely up with this teaching.

But then again, the WT has only changed the identity of the "Slave" several times themselves.  But we are told that we MUST properly identify this "Slave", yet the WT can't even seem to do that themselves.

One thing is for certain...There is NO good reason why you should be having this much trouble, getting a straight answer to a question on this subject, when they themselves claim that your very life depends on your knowing and associating yourself with this "Slave".

Perhaps they have gotten wind of a change in the making, but cannot say anything official about it yet?  I know you got a reply from this particular expert back in October, but since that time, he claims he "doesn't want to talk about the Slave".  Why was it okay then to talk about it, but not okay now?

Can a JW not just give a straight answer to this question?  I think people are wanting to know....  

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland

I was raised in the religion known as Jehovah`s Witnesses for 13 years. Since becoming a born-again Christian, I have researched extensively this religion, especially their doctrines and their history. I can answer questions about their doctrines from the perspective of Biblical Christianity. To be clear: Jehovahs Witnesses is the religion of my upbringing, though I myself was never baptized into the religion, nor have I ever been considered as a Jehovahs Witness.

29 years of Biblical research into the fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith, and how they differ from the teachings of the Watchtower.

I would advise each questioner to this forum, to carefully READ the profiles of the various volunteers. There are several such as myself, who are not practicing JWs, but will provide you with an accurate and honest answer, regarding JW teaching. If we don't know the answer, we will try to research and get it for you. There are also some excellent practicing JWs here, who also endeavor to give you a factual and honest answer, based on their point of view. I believe by getting both points of view, the questioner can weigh the evidence for themselves, and make an informed decision. Unfortunately, there are also 3 here who claim to be JWs, but do NOT give honest, or well-researched answers. They will tell you only what they want you to believe, and they often hide facts about the history of their religion, as well as print untruths about other people's beliefs. This is done in an attempt to deceive the unsuspecting reader. It can be easily seen who these 3 are, simply by reading the public posts and "answers" which they write. Their posts will normally be filled with personal attacks, and if you question them about some teaching or aspect of the Watchtower that makes them uncomfortable, they will often reject your question, question your motives for asking it, tell you that you have been reading "apostate" sites, or turn the conversation into an attack on another expert. These ones are better avoided, as there is nothing to be gained by way of positive discussion, as they are not interested in intelligent conversation, or honest dialogue. If after reading the forum, you still have any questions as to who they are, just ask me, and I will be happy to tell you. And I can also provide documentation of their willful dishonesty. One thing is for a forum where people from both sides claim to be "Christians", there should never be any willful lying. Such ones only create a distraction in the forum, and provide nothing of any real value.

High School, some college. Studies of God's Word, the Bible, and how it compares to JW theology. I have found my own personal study and experiences to be far more valuable than any formal education or training. The Bible message is clear...Salvation is ONLY through and by the shed blood of Jesus Christ, and no religious organization has a thing to do with it. While attendance at a Bible-preaching, Bible-believing church is a must for spiritual growth and fellowship, no church can grant salvation to its members. Nor is joining a particular group a prerequisite for being saved.