Jehovah`s Witness/final authority

QUESTION: Hi Sister T.
In a previous answer you stated that JWs need to be in unity. I said that I got different answers from some JWs and you said you got the "answer" from the watchtower so you know it's the right one. Well I get my understanding from the Bible and the other person got his understanding after re-reading the verses. So where should you get your understanding from? The Bible or the watchtower? All the watchtower does is interpret what they think the scriptures are saying.
You seemed to get angry about the possibility of Jesus being God.Did you reach this understanding on your own or were you taught this doctrine through the watchtowers publications? Explain how John 1:1 calls Jesus God and how Isaiah 9:6 calls Jesus mighty God. Yes, with a capital "G",even in the NWT.In your response you spelled it  mighty god, with a small "g". So it's my understanding, based on what the scriptures say,not what someone whispers in my ear. Is it not true that JWs must study the watchtower in meetings once a week? Again the watchtower is not the bible, nor is the book "what the bible really teaches", which I happened to read twice. They seem to want to teach a doctrine first, then show verses that support their beliefs. Don't forget I work with 2 JWs and have ample time to discuss the bible. They don't seem willing to answer every question,just the ones they are trained on. An example was why Stephen was praying to Jesus in which you said he "mistakenly" did it under duress, while another said it was because he recognized Jesus from his time on earth, while another refused to answer and wouldn't even give a definition for prayer.
So if you want to say you get everything from the bible explain these verses to me. "the Word was God" and "a mighty God will be born"
Also Jesus is called the first and the last just like His Father.  Isn't there only one First and Last and Savior and Judge and Redeemer and God and Lord?  Or are there many?
Thanks in advance Kevin

ANSWER: Hi Kevin,

I don't say things like I got this from the Watchtower so I know it's don't lie on me...thank you very much!  That right there is why people probably don't want to talk to you, you take things out of context and change their words and say things they didn't even say.

Let me explain something to you, Yes we are to speak in unity, and we do, but that doesn't mean that EVERY SINGLE JW IN THE WORLD UNDERSTANDS AT EXACTLY THE SAME RATE!  You do realize that every person in this world is different and has different understanding capabilities, right?  You do know that some people can learn something really fast whereas others can't.  I don't like playing games with words....grabbing at straws won't help you at all.

Therefore, someone may not have an understanding that someone who really spends a lot of time studying the deep things of God may have, that still doesn't change the basic Bible truths!  Jehovah the Almighty God is NOT Jesus Christ his Son, and there is no possibility of him being so whatsoever!  There's nothing you can say or do to change that, not one thing!

The BIBLE has the last say so, it's in my profile.

There are many gods and many lords the Bible says:

1 Cor. 8:5,6 "For even though there are those who are called “gods,” whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,”6there is actually to us one God the Father, out of whom all things are, and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are, and we through him."

Jesus is a Mighty God the Bible says:  

Isa 9:6,7)"For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.7To the abundance of the princely rule and to peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David and upon his kingdom in order to establish it firmly and to sustain it by means of justice and by means of righteousness, from now on and to time indefinite. The very zeal of Jehovah of armies will do this."

But that still doesn't make him ALMIGHTY GOD!! Jehovah was not a child born to us, he was not a son given to us. So that fails off the bat!

It doesn't matter if you work with 100 JW' still aren't correct.

The Bible can refer to Jesus any way it wants to and so can Jehovah and it still doesn't mean he's ALMIGHTY GOD, he didn't say he was and the Bible doesn't say he is.  Just because you want it to be that way doesn't make it so.  Jn 1:1 should read the Word was a god!  NOT GOD...that is wrong, so that's that.  If you don't want to accept it, then don't, you don't have to, be happy in your belief.  You can't change what the Bible says no matter how bad you want it to be that stupid lie!!

Other people are called first and last too, as I said, I'm a first and last, that doesn't make me Almighty God and it doesn't make Jesus Almighty God.  

They probably don't want to answer because they are tired of you coming back with the same old tired unproven theories that have no foundation in the Bible and it gets redundant and there's no point in wasting time on it.  There's people out there who really want to live and learn, if you don't, then fine!

Have a good day

Sister T  

QUESTION: Hi sister T. Here's your quote "Again even if I believed you my answer is correct I got it from the pages of the Watchtower written by Jehovah's appointed men.  The faithful and discreet slave." Your words not mine.
John 1:1 DOES say God, not a god. I don't think the NWT is credible or does any other credible version list "a god" in John 1:1. Who translated the NWT and what are their credentials? These are the people you trust your  spiritual life on, but you take it on their faith that they are qualified. I understand the translators of the king james were talked about in the kingdom hall. I can tell you that 47 men formed the translating committee and their credentials were well publicized. I can tell you that five men formed the translating committee of the NWT and none of them had any knowledge of the ancient languages, only one with some college(Fred Franz). No wonder they want to keep it a secret. I highly doubt you would go into a surgery with someone that never went to medical school,but you risk your salvation on an organization that has no understanding of Greek or Hebrew.Isahiah calls Jesus Mighty God in 9:6 and Thomas call Jesus "The Lord of me and the God of me". John 17:3 which my Jw co worker likes to quote endlessly refers to the only true God. No mention of Almighty. Afterall Jehovah is referred to as The Mighty One in the old testament.
So yes, The word was God is plain to see.  Changing it to a god without cause is blasphemy in my opinion.  Also in Col.1:16 the translators added the word 'other'. They said they did this because it was implied.  If the word doesn't appear in the original Greek they should have used () to denote this. In my Co-workers NWT the () were left out.  Hmmm how would that verse read without the word other? They never mention that Jehovah created all other things,he didn't create himself right?
So you see, calling me a liar because I have a different understanding than you,doesn't seem very Christian to me. And not being able to go out of your organization to find the truth doesn't seem very healthy either. Isn't China and North Korea doing the same thing with their people so they can't see how bad they got it and open their eyes. The truth doesn't need protecting and it never changes(or gets brighter).
thank you Kevin.

Hello Kevin,

ahhh yes, OK, I knew it wasn't how you were saying it.  I said my answer was correct and then I stated where I got my information from.  I have no shame in getting information from the pages of the Watchtower and those men are anointed, Why because Scriptures are used more then a few..but tons and tons and it's in harmony with the whole Bible unlike the mysteries that you like to believe in.  And there is no way on the face of this earth that I'm going to let you make that into something wrong or bad.  You can try that with someone else but you are not getting away with that with me, not even a little bit.  There is no shame in our publications and I am glad to be a Jehovah's Witness and to study the information from ALL our publications that are Bible based!!  You are not going to taint that.  

Now the way you said it was like I was putting the Watchtower above the Bible...and that's not correct and that's why I said you take things out of context and change people's words around.  

Like I said I don't like playing games with words....

You risk your life on lies and unproven take your own advice....

Believe as you will and have a good day!

Like I said some people like to cause trouble and you are one of them...your time from me is over!

Sister T

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T

Please click here--> For your Free Home Bible Study

I can answer questions related to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bible. I love learning the truth from the Bible and helping others to learn that truth as well. I don't know everything but will answer from the Bible, I like to use illustrations as well to help a person relate to what is being said. The Bible has the last say so over any person.

I am an active baptized Jehovah's Witness and Jehovah is Almighty God,(Ps. 83:18) and his Son Jesus Christ died so that everyone exercising faith in him may not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16). I support my fellow Witnesses on this board who are real, and Jehovah's worldwide visible organization, including the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. As God is not a God of disorder, and there could not be order if there were not ones to take the lead. Taking the lead and having a leader is not the same, our leader is Jesus Christ, and in order to have unity and order, there has to be arrangements in place. As the first century Christians had, there were men taking the lead, (Acts 6:1-6) as with Moses, (Exodus 18:21) and in our day, in following with Bible truths, we do the same. When people twist that around to us worshiping men, it is just a straight out lie! Why would the Scripture at 1 Tim. 3:1-10, 12, 13 give the criteria for men reaching out for an office of overseer if that was not meant to be? (Phil 1:1, Acts 20:17, 28, Eph. 4:11, 12, 2 Cor. 3:4-6). If we were not supposed to have men who take the lead, why was this scripture penned? James 5:14-15 "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

If you have legit questions and want to know the truth, please ask, but if you are here to spread your lies and twists of the scriptures or get your falsehoods out, you may get rejected! The truth is from the Bible, if what you say does not harmonize with the Bible then what you say is wrong! Context and other scriptures help determine scriptures that may stump us, let scripture interpret scripture. The Bible does not contradict itself, so if what you are being taught or if what you are teaching makes it seem like the Bible is contradictory, remember it's not the Bible it's the man-made teaching! Doctrines of men! Mark 7:6, 7 "He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men." (also Romans 10:2, 3)

Matthew 24:14 says "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." We are doing that today, we are living in times of Bible Prophecy and as a Jehovah's Witness, we have the privilege to be apart of a prophecy spoken by Jesus himself! The good news of the Kingdom. Ask yourself, what kingdom? then read Daniel 2:44! It's a real government. Take heed now! Listening to men over God will mean your life.(Prov 3:5,6, Ps. 146:3) A lie will never become truth, No matter how long or how many people say it or speak it. Learn what the Bible really teaches, seek out Jehovah's ways, serving God in truth is only acceptable to him,(John 4:23, 24) you can not be serving God acceptably if what you believe is a lie! Pray for understanding and ask Jehovah to search your heart and draw you! (John 6:44, 65) Now is the time to be with the people who are called by Jehovah's name! (Acts 15:14, 17, Isa. 43:7, 10, Zech 8:23)