Jehovah`s Witness/Why all the hatred?

Question
My bible tells me that God is love. Why is it that when I ask a JW a question, is the response come off as rooted in hatred? I have asked different questions on the Internet. I have also called a kingdom hall. Each time, the answers came off to me as ugly and they always said that if I believed in the trinity that I was wrong. (I never asked anything about the trinity). My beliefs weren't what I had questions about.

I do not understand the control. No. I do not understand how people allow the control. I grew up baptist and we were always told by the pastor not to just take his word, but to study for ourselves. I can associate with someone that isn't baptist. If someone says something that is contrary to what I believe, I investigate. I was never taught "we are right and everybody else is wrong." I believe that the "Truth" doesn't change. God doesn't lie. Jesus didn't lie. He is who he said he is. God isn't going to tell you something and then say, "No, change that, do this instead." If someone says that God told them something and it doesn't come to pass exactly the way that they said it would.....it didn't come from God. That's it. No changing. How does one get a "new light" from that? Wouldn't that make God something that he isn't.....a liar.

My husband is an excommunicated JW and seems so lost to me. I don't know what to say to him. He talks to his mother #who is a practicing JW# a lot, and she is so full of negativity. They are both so negative and full of self-hatred. Is this common with JW's?

He says that his mother is a "Godly" woman, but all that I've seen is ugliness. She is nice when someone is watching. She is afraid of everything. I was taught that fear and faith don't reside in the same place. This makes me question her faith. Can you please give me some insight?

Answer
Hi! Did you receive an email reply on 1/4 to your last correspondence where I "rejected" the question so that it would not post publicly? Please let me know.

Good morning. You touch a nerve and you ask very good questions about what the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses does to a person's mind set. When a person is studying with JWs, they are introduced from start into a mind set of "us" and "them.". Us is the organization of JWs, or more specifically, the organization directed from Brooklyn headquarters, that is the only truth in the world and the only "group" on the side of Jehovah's universal sovereignty. Anybody and anything else that is not a part of "the organization" is on Satan's side of universal sovereignty.

This mind set permeates everything the JW feels and thinks. And it becomes a powerful control over the individual JW the more firmly rooted he becomes in the JW religion. Thus the hated and negativity about almost everything. My parents have it. My brother and his wife have it. So did I for a while.

There is also a silent fear inside the JW. That have to desperately hold on to the lie and continually justify and excuse it try to make it right all the days that they are a believing JW. The all or nothing belief exerts a powerful control over the JW. It is not a psychologically healthy life.

I hope this helps a bit. Please follow up if you want to know something more specific.
Robert Jones

Jehovah`s Witness

Robert Jones