Jehovah`s Witness/Why are you hiding the truth about Easter?

Question
Mr. Holland,

After reading through your very long exposition/explanation/justification of Easter why do you not also tell the truth about it?

Just like the truth revealed below:

Taken from *** Awake 1986 magazine of 3/22 pp. 5-8 The Truth About Easter Customs ***

===quote===
The Truth About Easter Customs

It is a ponderous stone that seals the tomb of Jesus. And the three women moving through the predawn darkness do not know how they will move it. But their desire to perform one last labor of love for their slain Master is compelling. Stone or no stone, they will tenderly grease the body so cruelly nailed to the stake three days earlier! It is a small but profoundly loving gesture.

Approaching the garden tomb, the problem of moving the stone looms larger than ever in their minds. But upon arriving they are astonished to see that the stone has been rolled away and the tomb emptied! A white-clad angel explains: “Stop being stunned. You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was impaled. He was raised up, he is not here.”—Mark 16:1-6; John 20:1, 2.

THE resurrection of Jesus Christ is one of the bedrock beliefs of Christianity. Said the apostle Paul: “But if Christ has not been raised up, our preaching is certainly in vain, and our faith is in vain.” (1 Corinthians 15:14) Would it therefore not seem logical for Christians to commemorate this great event?
‘Do This in Remembrance of Me’
Proclaimed the Vatican: “Every week, on the day which she has called the Lord’s day [Sunday], [the church] keeps the memory of His resurrection.” Additionally, “in the supreme solemnity of Easter she also makes an annual commemoration of the resurrection.”—The Documents of Vatican II.
Nowhere, however, does the Bible indicate that early Christians observed either a weekly Sunday or a yearly Easter to commemorate Christ’s resurrection. The night before he died, Christ ordered quite a different celebration. He served his disciples a simple meal of wine and bread and commanded them, “Keep doing this in remembrance of me.”—Luke 22:19.
It was thus Christ’s death, not his resurrection, that Jesus wanted memorialized. And how often? Jesus served this meal on the night of the Jewish Passover meal—a yearly celebration of Israel’s deliverance from Egypt. (Matthew 26:19, 20, 26-28) Obviously, Jesus intended to replace the Passover with a yearly serving of this memorial meal. Neither Easter nor any other celebration was commanded by Christ. Fifth-century church historian Socrates said: “The apostles had no thought of appointing festival days, but of promoting a life of blamelessness and piety.”

Easter Emerges

Both Jesus Christ and the apostle Paul predicted that Christianity would be infiltrated by false teachings. (Matthew 13:24, 25, 36-40; 2 Timothy 4:3) After the death of Jesus’ apostles, the idea took root that it would be appropriate to hold a fast (now known as Lent), followed by a feast, at Passover season. Somehow this became thought of as a way to commemorate Christ’s resurrection.
Easter and Its Customs
Easter’s ascendancy as a festival thus was not Bible based. In fact, scholars claim that the very word Easter is of Anglo-Saxon origin, referring to the springtime. During that season, the ancients thought the sun was reborn after months of winter death. Other terms for the festival, such as pâques or pasqua, are derived from the ancient Hebrew word pe′sach, or “passover.” Christendom argues that Easter replaces this Jewish festival. But this ignores the fact that Jesus replaced the Passover, not with Easter, but with his memorial supper.

Historian Socrates therefore concluded: “It seems to me that the feast of Easter has been introduced into the church from some old usage, just as many other customs have been established.” The plethora of Easter traditions indeed comes from “some old usage”—the usage of idolatrous nations! Catholic priest Francis X. Weiser admitted: “Some of the popular traditions of Lent and Easter date back to ancient nature rites.” These rites of spring were originally designed to “frighten the demons of winter away.”

But did not the church stamp out such paganism in her converts? Curiosities of Popular Customs explains: “It was the invariable policy of the early Church to give a Christian significance to such of the extant pagan ceremonies as could not be rooted out. In the case of Easter the conversion was peculiarly easy. Joy at the rising of the natural sun, and the awakening of nature from the death of winter, became joy at the rising of the Sun of righteousness, at the resurrection of Christ from the grave.”
“Charming”?

In The Easter Book, Weiser justifies all of this by saying that the church has ‘elevated the pre-Christian symbolism of nature into a Christian sacramental.’ Non-Christian practices, he says, “have added a charming touch to the supernatural meanings of the [Easter] season.”

Admittedly, the sight of children scrambling for brightly colored eggs may seem “charming.” The same could be said for many Easter customs. But are they simply harmless fun? Said one Greek café owner: “I know that the egg—it is stupid; and the bunny—more stupid; and that we fast for 40 days before Easter—it’s stupid. But this adds a bit of spice to our life.”
Perhaps. But sincere Christians are concerned that the Bible says: “For what fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what sharing does light have with
darkness? . . . ‘“Therefore get out from among them, and separate yourselves,” says Jehovah, “and quit touching the unclean thing.”’” (2 Corinthians 6:14-17) Surely that would include customs that are clearly derived from—or unmistakably resemble—false religious practices. True, clerics argue that such practices become acceptable when brought into the church. However, it was this same line of reasoning that once nearly led the Israelites to ruin!

In violation of God’s command, they made a golden calf. (Exodus 20:4) It was no doubt modeled after idols they had seen in Egypt. Then they used the idol in a rite they called “a festival to Jehovah.” But did Jehovah God feel that this added “charm” to his worship? On the contrary! Only Moses’ intervention spared the Israelites from extermination!—Exodus 32:1-5, 9-14.
Easter customs—eggs, bunnies, and bonfires—are therefore not cleansed by being practiced by Christians. Rather, they defile anyone practicing them.—Compare Haggai 2:12, 13.

Interestingly, though, an article in the Australian magazine The Bulletin observed: “Jehovah’s Witnesses write Easter off as an amalgam of Christian and pagan rites.” Yes, they decline participation in idolatrous rites. Yet they do give honor to the resurrected Christ. The article continued: “Witnesses gather . . . [once a year] to commemorate Jesus’ death.” This is done in the way Christ commanded—by the serving of unleavened bread and wine.

The challenge now to those who know the truth about Easter is whether they will act upon what they know or not.
[Footnotes]

Eighth-century Catholic scholar Venerable Bede claimed that the word was derived from the name of an Anglo-Saxon goddess of spring, “Eostre.” In his book The Two Babylons, Alexander Hislop claimed a connection between Easter and the Babylonian goddess Astarte.

[Blurb on page 6]
Easter sunrise services originated with sun worshipers
[Box on page 7]

Pagan Practices That Were “Christianized”
 Easter Eggs: Since the eating of eggs was formerly forbidden during Lent, “decorated eggs,” claims The Encyclopedia Americana, “could symbolize the end of the penitential season and the beginning of joyful celebration.” However, reference works agree that the egg was a symbol of life and fertility among idolaters. Says the book Celebrations: “Eggs were said to be dyed and eaten at the spring festivals in ancient Egypt, Persia, Greece, and Rome. The Persians of that time gave eggs as gifts at the vernal equinox.”

Easter Hares and Rabbits: In Europe, the hare has long been a traditional symbol of Easter. (In North America, the animal is a rabbit—a close relative of the hare.) Yet The New Encyclopædia Britannica explains that the hare was “the symbol of fertility in ancient Egypt.” Thus when children hunt for Easter eggs, supposedly brought by the Easter rabbit, “this is not mere child’s play, but the vestige of a fertility rite.”—Funk & Wagnalls Standard Dictionary of Folklore, Mythology and Legend, volume 1, page 335.

Sunrise Services: Says The Book of Festivals and Holidays the World Over: “It was a common belief among the early Christians that on Easter morning the sun danced in honor of the Resurrection and people rose long before the sun to see the feat. Perhaps this ancient belief is the inspiration for the many sunrise services that take place on Easter morning in all parts of the United States and Europe.”

But says Walsh’s Curiosities of Popular Customs: “This idea of the sun dancing on Easter Day may easily be traced back to heathen customs, when the spectators themselves danced at a festival in honor of the sun, after the vernal equinox.”

The book Celebrations adds: “Sunrise services are not unrelated to the Easter fires held on the tops of hills in continuation of the New Year fires, a worldwide observance in antiquity. Rites were performed at the vernal equinox welcoming the sun and its great power to bring new life to all growing things.”

Water Rites: The belief that running water on Easter morning is especially blessed is common. However, Hastings’ Encyclopædia of Religion and Ethics reminds us: “Since water is one of the essential factors in the preservation of life and the growth of the crops, it naturally plays a conspicuous part in rainmaking ceremonies and other seasonal rites among primitive people.”
 The Blessing of the New Fire: A Catholic rite, in preparation for the Easter vigil, in which a fire is started from a flint rock. Says Hastings’ Encyclopædia of Religion and Ethics: “The new fire probably took rise from a pagan custom to which, when adopted by Christians, a gospel symbolism was attached.”
[Box on page 8]

Easter Oddities

Ham Dinners: Ham on Easter is a long-standing custom among many Catholics. However, the custom is a relic of English bigotry. The American Book of Days says that the English had a habit “of eating a gammon of bacon on that day to show their contempt for the Jewish custom of not eating pork.” William the Conqueror, according to the book Celebrations, changed the bacon to ham to suit his liking.

Easter in America: Because the religious scene in America was for a long time dominated by puritanical thinking (the Puritans disdained ritual), Easter was at first a rather small-scale event. It appears that the holiday became popular, though, during the U.S. Civil War. So many families lost loved ones during this conflict that the holiday was promoted as a means of bringing consolation to the bereaved.

Easter Bonfires: Easter bonfires were originally banned by the church as being a pagan symbolism, says Weiser. (Synod of Mainz, 742 C.E.) However, “Saint” Patrick introduced the practice in Ireland “to supplant the Druidic pagan spring fires with a Christian and religious fire symbol of Christ . . . This tolerated custom became so popular eventually that the popes incorporated it into the liturgy of the Western Church in the latter part of the ninth century.”—The Easter Book, by Francis Weiser, S.J.

Easter in Japan: A Catholic woman asked a Japanese nun why they didn’t use bunnies in their Easter celebration (called Fukkatsu-sai, or festival of resurrection). Her reply: “What are they? Do they have any special meaning on Easter?”
 Says one former Catholic: ‘Easter in Japan was an occasion a bit more serious than in Western countries. After Mass, we received colored eggs, but we were not told their meaning. Also, in church the crosses and other images would be covered with purple cloth during Lent. But on the day of Easter, the coverings would be removed to symbolize the joy of the resurrection.’"

===end quote ===

In short true Christians are to remember / commemorate Jesus' death as he commanded his disciples:

“Keep doing this in remembrance of me.”—Luke 22:19.

And as pointed out in the Awake magazine:

"The challenge now to those who know the truth about Easter is whether they will act upon what they know or not."

Will you still keep promoting the lie (as Bro. Rando pointed out)that:

===quote===
"The Holy Ghost is speaking here in Acts 12, and He changed the significance of the word pascha to sometimes mean Easter."
===end quote===

p.s
This is not an attack on your character nor a personal attack but to reveal the truth about the celebration you "sometime" call Easter.

Answer
Hello "Eddie", and thanks for writing.   I hope you are well.

If you are really "Bill", as I suspect you may be, I fully expect a series of "1" ratings across the board, and some claim that I didn't answer your question, but wrote a lot.  Yes, I'm writing a lot, and I know that bugs you...If you're "Bill", that is.  However, as for answering your question, well, your question is irrelevant.  You have not read my "justifications for Easter", as I have never posted any of those.  What you MIGHT have read, are my defending the use of the word "Easter" in the King James Bible.  Please do not confuse the 2 subjects.  Saying the word is correctly translated in the King James Bible (and it is), is not in the least bit saying that every custom that is associated with today's Easter celebration, is okay.

Furthermore, I am going to safely assume that the nature of your question, is inspired by Rando's latest lies in the forum, regarding my position on Easter.  Since he twisted my position in every way imaginable, and since I was already going to address his lies in a separate post of my own anyway, I will just take your question instead, and use that opportunity to set him straight once again.

I hope you don't mind.  That way, I can kill 2 birds with one stone.  That is an EXPRESSION, by the way...I don't want Rando to start claiming I am cruel to animals now.

Well, I am glad this is not an attack on my character.  But judging by the title of your question, it implies that I "hide the truth".  How is that not attacking my character, and implying that I am dishonest?  And all because you failed to actually read my comments for yourself, before making such an assumption.

I assure you, Sir, I don't "hide the truth".  If you want to know my position on something, you can ask ME, and I will tell you.  This writing of yours is what happens when you let Rando tell you what I believe, instead of letting ME tell you.  I think I am in a better position than Rando to say what my position is on an issue.

I don't "hide truth"...I have spent a great deal of time here lately, exposing lies of others, and TELLING the truth about matters.  Besides, my comments on this topic of Easter are quite public, so how is it that you think I can "hide" public posts?  Your problem is, you equate a copy and paste from a WT publication as "truth"...I do not.  I prefer to actually do my study from other sources which are more objective and HONEST.  WT articles tend to be shaded, and omit facts which are relevant to getting the entire picture.  The articles quoted in my previous response on Easter in the KJB, are MUCH more in depth and factual from history, than this article from AWAKE! that you sent me.  Perhaps you should study OUTSIDE the publications once in awhile, before you accuse others of hiding truth?

Okay, let me be just straight up with you.  I think you either did not read what I previously posted about "Easter", or you didn't comprehend it.  I am not sure which it is, because like Rando, you completely missed the point.  Not one thing I said in that article from a few years back, was to justify any pagan custom, but WAS to show the accuracy of the King James Bible for properly translating the word "pascha" as "Easter" in Acts 12:4.

“Eddie”, the question in the links Rando erroneously quoted, was NOT about certain customs that have origins in paganism, which have become part of today’s “Easter” celebration.  The question those links dealt with, was the USE of the word “Easter” in the King James Bible in Acts 12:4, when all other less-accurate “bibles” today (including the NWT), render this word as “Passover”.   Those are 2 entirely different matters, that Rando TRIED to tie together, in order to make me look like I had contradicted myself.  But it only resulted in Rando looking stupid.

Now, one fact that I am YET to see Rando address in this regard, and which I suspect we never will see him address, is this….He, and most modern-day haters of the King James Bible, scoff at the KJB using the word “Easter” here, and claim to be so intelligent as if they “know” the word SHOULD be “Passover”.  But here is what ole’ Rando, nor your AWAKE! Article that you claim I should have referenced, bother to mention…

The very man who INVENTED the word “Passover”, William Tyndale, did not even use “Passover” in his OWN translation of Acts 12:4!  Yes, that’s right…the very guy who coined the term “Passover” for “pascha”, recognized that Acts 12:4 was not speaking of the Jewish celebration, and translated Acts 12:4 as “Easter”.

Eddie, ask Rando why that is….I’ll bet he doesn’t know.  Rando, are you reading?  Can YOU tell us why the very guy who invented the word “Passover”, didn’t think it belonged in Acts 12:4?  I guess you know more about the word “Passover” and its proper usage, than the guy who INVENTED the word?

But again, the whole point of those links he misquoted and twisted, was not about pagan customs of today’s Easter celebration….It was about whether the King James Bible translated the word correctly in Acts 12:4, as “Easter“.  

And it did.

How did you and Rando so completely miss the point?  I am not surprised that Rando did, because he always does.  But I can't imagine another questioner out there, that actually would.

Now, I am not going to sit here and devote the rest of my evening, to dissecting a "copy and paste" article from a WT publication.  If I wanted to read WT publications, I would.  I don't.  And it isn't fair for you to take a few seconds to copy and paste something, and expect me to spend HOURS replying to it, when it doesn't even contradict anything I said in that article in the first place, nor is it even about the same topic that my links were discussing.

The pagan customs that you mention, are the VERY reason I stated just days ago, that we call it "resurrection Sunday" around my house instead of "Easter".  Rando completely went to pieces and tried to tie that in with a series of articles that I posted several years ago, which was dealing with an entirely different subject altogether....the reasons for the King James Bible using the word "Easter" in Acts 12:4.

Now, let's deal with some FACTS, as regards Rando's latest lies and twistings of my article on Easter.

FACT #1.  He completely misrepresented my position.  Why this loon feels the need to LIE, and claim that I think Herod was a Christian, is completely beyond common sense and logic.  But I'll tell you what, "Eddie"...If you or Rando want to win a reward of $1,000,000.00 cash, I will tell you how.

NOTE:  I don't have 1 million dollars, but my good friend Kevin does, and he will pay out if you can find what I am about to tell you to look for.

But here's how you can get it...Or Rando, for that matter....Find one statement from me, where I ever said that I believe Herod was a Christian.  Its that simple.

Like this statement here from Rando:  “Derrick falsely claims Herod was a "Christian" celebrating Easter and was holding Peter over Easter to be murdered by the Jews. Oh, how Christian Derrick.”

What a loon.  How does anybody come up with something that off-the-wall, unless they have a mental disorder?  “Eddie”, do you think it is okay to make up a quote that a person never said, and then use it to call them a “liar”, and question their Christianity?

Actually, Rando must just like making a fool out of himself, by saying that.  I know full well Herod was a wicked man.  That was THE POINT of Acts 12:4, and why it was NOT talking about the "Passover"....Herod would not have been celebrating the Passover, and would not have had any reason to wait until after Passover, to put Peter to death.  He would not have thought one minute about executing someone on a Jewish holy day/week.  In fact, Passover had ALREADY passed at this time.  Instead, Herod was celebrating his OWN holiday of Easter.

Man, did Rando ever blunder that one!  And even worse…He lied by claiming that I called Herod a Christian.  But of course, as liars never do, he didn’t actually show WHERE I said that Herod was a Christian.  That is typical of Rando’s ignorance and dishonesty.

I’m sorry you fell for it, “Eddie”.  Please try to actually read things for yourself, in the future.  There was no need to write me with your accusation of “hiding truth”.  I didn’t hide truth.  So why don’t you be fair, and write to Rando and ask HIM why he tried to DISTORT the truth, by misquoting me, and lying about what I said?

If you are a fair and honest man, you should have no problem doing that, “Eddie”.  

FACT #2:  Rando willfully and deliberately quoted from the article that I said that I didn’t personally hold to, but only presented as one of several alternate explanations.  Yet, knowing this, he has tried to give the readers 5 years later, a false impression by attributing the words in a copied and pasted article, to me, as if I had written them as my own position.

Isn’t that like lying?  

I actually enclosed articles from THREE SEPARATE POSTED RESPONSES, arguing DIFFERENT angles, because all of the articles were full of information that validated the King James Bible's rendering of the word "Easter", and it is my responsibility to give the questioner the information that I have available.  I CLEARLY stated what my position on that matter was, and gave the LINK where MY position was stated.  But in addition, I also gave the reader VARIOUS angles for their own consideration, so they could arrive at their own conclusion, instead of the one that I want them to arrive at.  

And yet Rando takes "quotes" from the position that I said was NOT mine, and claims it was "quotes from Derrick", and claims that it represents my position.  That’s lying, any way you slice it.

Further proof that I posted more than one explanation, even a few explanations which I do not personally hold to completely, is found in other ACTUAL quotes (which Rando didn’t mention) from me, in those links from 2007.…

I said then….”“I hope this answer has helped Raymond. I will also include the other arguments for "Easter" in my other responses. I offer those as possibilities, and because I think the more arguments there are FOR a particular subject, the stronger the evidence is for it in most cases.”

The above quote is taken from my FIRST explanation that posted, which is the 3rd link listed below.  So Rando, why did you take your supposed “quotes” of “Derrick’s view” from the WRONG article?

Another quote from me, from the 3rd explanation (which is listed in the 1st link below) which Rando falsely quotes as MY position, clearly says….

QUOTE FROM ME:  “"Like I said, the first explanation I sent is the one I hold to, but I enclosed the others as well for the merit they contain."

This quote is found in the 3rd link I posted, which appears first in this reply.  This is also the link that Rando quotes as showing my PERSONAL view, but he willfully neglected to tell the readers that I CLEARLY said here that MY view was in the FIRST explanation I had sent…This was the THIRD explanation, by the way, that Rando erroneously lied and claimed was my view).

That is how the man lies, and I am happy to once again expose him in his dishonesty.  

FACT #3:   All 3 links are posted under my profile, from November of 2007.  All 3 links posted the SAME day, so it is VERY easy to see that they are posted as various explanations for the reader’s information.  I do this because when an infidel such as Rando launches a satanic attack against the very inspired Word of God, then I believe that showing more than one explanation, actually STRENGTHENS the case for the rendering of “Easter”.  It shows the KJB’s authenticity is not linked to merely one notion, but several.  

So ANYBODY can read the links if they are so inclined, and can clearly see that the position I stated as my own, was NOT the one Rando has lied and claimed is my position.

FURTHERMORE, I also posted a response to the same questioner 3 days prior to the 3 links I will list below, where I TOLD the questioner to send me the question 3 times, because I wanted to post not only MY view, but other alternate views as well.

In that link, I said...."Secondly, could you send the same question, say about 3 times?  Reason being, I will not be able to fit all my information into one answer, because there is a limit to the length of answers they allow me to send.  I actually have my answer, plus a couple of other articles that argue FOR the word "Easter", but from a very different perspective.  I want to include these alternate answers as well, even though they disagree somewhat with my original answer."

And that above quote comes from this link, posted on 11/13/07, which was 3 days prior to the other 3 links posting....

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Jehovah-s-Witness-1617/corect-translation.htm

I guess next they will be claiming I went back and “edited” my answers, to frame poor old Rando.

Now, in closing, I will simply list all 3 links here, and some REAL quotes that Rando did not give the readers, because he is dishonest.  But anyone who reads the articles for themselves, will see EACH AND EVERY ONE of these quotes for themselves….I list the links in the order they appeared in the forum, back in 2007.  Meaning, the LAST link in the list, is the FIRST one that posted.  The 2nd link in the list is the 2nd one that posted, and the FIRST link in the list, is actually the LAST one that posted.  

That is important to remember, because MY personal position is stated in the FIRST link posted, which is the LAST link in the list.   The other 2 links (FIRST and SECOND) in the list, are merely alternate explanations I included for the information they contained.  Rando completely ignored the one where I stated my actual position, and instead, quotes from the LAST link (first in the list), as “my position”.  

So when Rando “quotes” references to Herod as stating MY belief, he is apparently too dense to understand that he is actually quoting an ARTICLE that I copied and pasted, and NOT a statement that I wrote.  Wow, how “thick” can someone get?!

The next 2 quotes are from the THIRD article, that Rando falsely attributes to me:

"I also disagree with the idea that it was Herod who wanted to wait till after an alleged celebration of a pagan deity called Ishtar or Astarte. There is no historical evidence that Herod or anyone else in Jerusalem celebrated Ishtar at this time."

"It is not that Herod himself was celebrating an alleged "Ishtar", or the Jewish Passover or what would come to be called the Christian Easter."

I guess Rando cannot see that the quote from the article CLEARLY says that Herod was NOT celebrating the “Christian Easter”.  Yet, he STILL manages to get the twisted idea that somebody was claiming Herod was a Christian.

But as if that wasn’t enough, Rando failed to understand the paragraph from that article that appeared RIGHT ABOVE the one I just quoted.  It read….

“I think a more reasonable explanation lies in the fact that at the time of the Passover celebration, there were multitudes of both Jews and Gentile proselytes present in Jerusalem. Herod knew that if he brought forth Peter to be killed before the assembled masses, they would have to make public the accusations laid against him. Peter might well preach a sermon in his defense. Peter had already preached sermons with the result that 3000 were converted at Pentecost and another 5000 on a later day. If several thousands more believed the preaching of Peter about Christ and the resurrection, he might well have a riot on his hands. Perhaps Herod thought it better to wait till the multitudes had gone home after the Passover week, and then deal with Peter in a quieter fashion.”

Hmm, that’s funny.  Rando thinks someone was claiming Herod was a Christian????  And he quotes THAT same article to prove that’s what the writer was saying?  Just shows how incredibly dense the man is.  If Herod were a Christian, WHY would he try to AVOID allowing Peter to preach to a multitude of people, for fear they might too become Christians?  And for that matter, why would Herod want to kill Peter, ANOTHER CHRISTIAN?

Man, that was a really dense thing for Rando to claim.

But that’s not all, unfortunately.  Here is yet ANOTHER quote, this one ACTUALLY FROM ME, that Rando failed to mention.  Remember…He LIED and claimed that I said Herod was a Christian.  HERE is what I REALLY said about Herod, in my FIRST posting, the THIRD link listed below….

““That is why Rando has been emphasizing the point that Easter is of pagan origin. Apparently, he cannot grasp the fact that Herod WAS A PAGAN! A pagan would have had no reason to honor Passover, but if he in fact were celebrating his own Pagan Day, Easter, then the translation would be right.”

Uhm, wait a minute…Herod  was a “pagan”?  Is THAT what I really said, Rando?  Yes, it is.  So, why did you lie and claim that I said Herod was a Christian?

I think you owe me some apologies, as well.  After all, you yourself stated that when you are WRONG, you will HUMBLY admit it.  And you are certainly having your tail handed to you now, as your lies are being fully exposed for all to see.

So, let’s just simplify this so that everyone can see what Rando has attempted to do, and why this response was necessary….

In short….the "quotes" Rando falsely attributed to me (which were actually not quotes from me, but from an article I copied and pasted), were from the THIRD article that, not only did I not write, but clearly said was not my position on the matter.  So, he willfully lied on that account, as well.

In fact, I told the questioner (Raymond) from my very first posting, that I was going to give him what I believe was the MOST LOGICAL answer (MY view), and THEN I was going to give him alternate views in other postings, as well.  That is why there are THREE links!

From the link stating MY ACTUAL POSITION, I said:

“Okay, here is the most logical explanation for the retention of "Easter" in this verse, and I will also mention other good valid reasons, which are based upon a completely different line of thinking, and which will actually disagree with the reason I am about to give. I mention various lines of thought, because even if those lines don't agree, I think this actually STRENGTHENS the case for the KJ rendering. If there are MANY possibilities for a rendering such as "Easter", then this greatly increases the chance that the rendering is correct.”

Rando didn’t tell the readers about that, for some reason.

Now, let me list for everyone who is interested, the 3 links I posted on this topic.  Again, Rando quoted MY “view” as the 1st link in this list.  My view, as clearly stated, was in the 3rd link in this list.  So, Rando deliberately quoted the WRONG link for the readers.

This is the link where I gave an ALTERNATE explanation for “Easter” in the KJB, which did NOT reflect my actual personal viewpoint.  This is also the link which Rando took ALL of his supposed “quotes” from me, which he falsely CLAIMED was my position.  

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Jehovah-s-Witness-1617/correct-translation-1.htm

Next, is the link for 2 more ALTERNATE explanations, defending “Easter” in the KJB….It is in this following link, where I clearly state that I am giving “2 OTHER ARTICLES GIVING A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE“............Rando lied by failing to mention that important point….

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Jehovah-s-Witness-1617/correcttranslation.htm

And FINALLY, this last link is the FIRST explanation I posted, and I CLEARLY said that THIS link is MY personal position.  But I notice that, when stating MY position, Rando failed to give ANY quotes from this link, although IT is the one that reflects the view that I hold to….

That’s not honest, Rando….

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Jehovah-s-Witness-1617/correct-translation.htm

Oh, and on a side note, I need to ask you something Rando....Since you brought up the questioner, Raymond Harper, and you felt you could also judge him as committing the unpardonable "sin".

Isn't Raymond Harper the one you falsely accused of sexually harassing a young lady?  Also, isn't Raymond Harper ANOTHER person you claimed was me, and did you not also claim that Raymond Harper is a "wife beater", in the same post you claimed I am one?

And furthermore, didn't you also THREATEN Raymond Harper, by implying you would "send men in black coats" to his house?  

Do I really need to provide documentation on these words of yours, to further embarrass you in this forum?  I sure hope not.

So Rando, where is my apology?  You said you would “humbly admit it when you’re wrong”.  You were caught lying again.  You misquoted me as you always do....now apologize.  You said you would.  

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland