Jehovah`s Witness/Jehovah or Jesus

Hai Elbert

Just want to ask you. Why is it that in the Old Testament, the name JEHOVAH is very OFTEN used by the writers while it's RARELY used in the New Testament?

I mean, as we can see and read the NEW TESTAMENT BOOKS(from the oldest manuscripts), Jehovah's name is rarely used by the writers. But when comparing to JESUS' name we can see that it's too very often used than that name JEHOVAH! remember: "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."(Romans 10:13)NOTICE:>>Paul applied this verse to JESUS as we can confirmed it by reading the next verse(14)<< and remember Jesus is OUR Lord and Savior till now and since then(2 Peter 3:18). And since HE was given a name which is above every name(Philippians 2:9), then I think that would the reason why they used the name JEHOVAH NOT too very often right? What do you think?

Second, as we can see and read in the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, I mean, how many times in scripture does Jesus use or speak the name "Jehovah"? NONE! except when reading the OLD TESTAMENT scriptures! Can I have your thoughts?

Since Greek had become the international language, many congregations used the Greek Septuagint,
a translation of the Hebrew Scriptures completed in the second century B.C.E. Some scholars claim that from the time it was originally translated, the Septuagint had always replaced God’s name with the title Ky′ri·os, the Greek word for “Lord.” But the facts show otherwise.
 The fragments illustrated here are (you will have to go online to view the fragmentd )portions of the Greek Septuagint that date from the first century B.C.E. They clearly show Jehovah’s name, represented in the Greek text by the four Hebrew letters יהוה (YHWH), or the Tetragrammaton. Professor George Howard wrote: “We have three separate pre-Christian copies of the Greek Septuagint Bible and in not a single instance is the Tetragrammaton translated kyrios or for that matter translated at all. We can now say with near certainty that it was a Jewish practice before, during, and after the New Testament period to write the divine name . . . right into the Greek text of Scripture.”—Biblical Archaeology Review.
 Did Jesus’ apostles and disciples use God’s name in their inspired writings? Professor Howard notes: “When the Septuagint which the New Testament church used and quoted contained the Hebrew form of the divine name, the New Testament writers no doubt included the Tetragrammaton in their quotations.”
 Therefore, we may safely conclude that the first Christians could read God’s name both in their translations of the Hebrew Scriptures and in their copies of the Christian Greek Scriptures.

Regards , Elbert

Jehovah`s Witness

Elbert Spears

I have been a student of the Bible since 1974 and a witness for 18 Years.I do not wish to be considered an Expert in this category because I, like everyone else will never cease to learn.However answering questions is here is very enjoyable ,Even though some continue trying to discredit me and my Brothers and Sisters. May Jehovah continue to his lovibg support .

With many years of bible study as a foundation, I enjoy aswering any question that applies to the bible. I like intelligent questions that require sincere answers.I can not answer silly questions.

34 years of Bible Study