Jehovah`s Witness/Jehovah or Yahweh?

hai again sir

I just read from an article that God's name is supposed to be "Yahweh." So why JW's still insist the name JEHOVAH?

"In Hebrew the name of God is spelled YHWH. Since ancient Hebrew had no written vowels, it is uncertain how the name was pronounced originally, but there are records of the name in Greek, which did have written vowels. These records indicate that in all likelihood the name should be pronounced "Yahweh."

Shortly before the first century A.D., it became common for Jews to avoid saying the divine name for fear of misusing it and breaking the second commandment ("You shall not take the name of the Lord, your God, in vain," Dt 5:11). Whenever they read Scripture aloud and encountered the divine name, they substituted another Hebrew word, "Adonai" (which means "Lord" or "my Lord"), in its place.

Eventually Hebrew developed written vowels, which appeared as small marks called vowel points and were placed above and below the consonants of a word. In the sixth or seventh century some Jews began to place the vowel points for "Adonai" over the consonants for "Yahweh" to remind the reader of Scripture to say "Adonai" whenever he read "Yahweh."

About the 13th century the term "Jehovah" appeared when Christian scholars took the consonants of "Yahweh" and pronounced it with the vowels of "Adonai." This resulted in the sound "Yahowah," which has a Latinized spelling of "Jehovah." The first recorded use of this spelling was made by a Spanish Dominican monk, Raymundus Martini, in 1270.

Interestingly, this fact is admitted in much Jehovah's Witness literature, such as their Aid to Bible Understanding (p. 885). This is surprising because Jehovah's Witnesses loathe the Catholic Church and have done everything in their power to strip their church of traces of Catholicism. Despite this, their group's very name contains a Catholic "invention," the name "Jehovah."

Jehovah's Witnesses blast orthodox Christendom for "hiding the name of God" by replacing "Jehovah" with "the Lord" whenever "Jehovah" appears in Scripture. They charge this is a Jewish "superstition" that dishonors God (which it does not). Yet their own organization has a name that was invented as a result of the same thinking that produced use of "the Lord."

..So the name JEHOVAH is INVENTED? how did the WITNESSES even proved that they had the correct VOWELS points?

P.S. I'm really looking forward to this

If we are talking inventions the most come from the false churches in the realm of Christendom,
unfamiliar terms supposedly invented by us are supported by other Bible translations or reference works.

For example:

(Luke 23:43) . . .And he said to him: “Truly I tell you today, You will be with me in Paradise.”

Since original Greek, there were no punctuation marks such as commas some kind of punctuation is inserted by translators to help with the reading,the churches slant it to say Jesus took a criminal to heaven that very day and that is false.

Yes Gods name is YHWH but how is it we invented the name Jehovah when its in Christendoms translation as well:

King James Version
Psalm 83-18
That men may know that thou, whose name alone is Jehovah,

Young's Literal Translation

And they know that Thou -- (Thy name [is] Jehovah -- by Thyself

Darby Translation
whose name is Jehovah, art the Most High over all the earth.

American Standard Version
that thou alone, whose name is Jehovah

So I dont see the point we invented this name.

What you should be concerned about is why is LORD is in most translations than Gods name ,Moses asked God this question:

(Exodus 3:13# . . ., Moses said to the [true] God: “Suppose I am now come to the sons of Israel and I do say to them, ‘The God of YOUR forefathers has sent me to YOU,’ and they do say to me, ‘What is his name?’ What shall I say to them?”

Mind you Moses is a Hebrew and already knew what his personal name ,certainly his name was not known to the Jews as LORD,if you believe that I have a bridge to sell you.

God answered:

#Exodus 3:14) 14 At this God said to Moses: “I SHALL PROVE TO BE WHAT I SHALL PROVE TO BE. . .

So that was to be the name or purpose,this was not a name but this is how he answered his question,as I said he was not asking God what is your person name ,he knew his name was A name then ,because his mother name Jochebed means Hebrew The Honor of Jehovah/Glory].

A name meant something to the Jews and Lord as most translations rendered this is not a name its a title.

There was just four consonants, YHWH but where does lord fit,it cant ,it was invented to remove Gods mane.

The exact pronunciation is not of the utmost importance at this time,you need to find out why the personal name of God has been removed.

Why was it removed and to its uncertain pronunciation justifies removal and to insert lord.

So millions will believe Gods name is LORD because of this teaching.

English Standard Version

that they may know that you alone,
   whose name is the Lord,
   are the Most High over all the earth

So they will read this and think nothing of it,Satan who is Gods enemy had to be responsible for the removal,that seems reasonable to conclude,he would not want his name known,Jesus was the opposite he said he made Gods name known.

Now since its reasonable that it was the Devil that was behind this who is supporting this teaching,Jehovah's Witness or the Churches in the world.

Which ever one is then a tool of the Devil,no other way to look at it,it can be shaken,twisted,dropped and any why you want to look at it but the bottom line is Gods name has been removed.

The Tetragrammaton occurs close to 7,000 times in the Hebrew text yet in every instance we see lord.

God is not a name,lord is not a name,At some point a superstitious idea arose among the Jews that it was wrong even to pronounce the divine name represented by the Tetragrammaton,to say:

replacing "Jehovah" with "the Lord" honors God will mean death.God is very very jealous ,he says so of himself:

(Exodus 34:14) . . .because Jehovah, whose name is Jealous, he is a jealous God. . .

What would God be jealous of,when you think of the word what comes to mind is words like envious, resentment, emulous,, begrudging, insatiable,malcontented,unhappy, dissatisfied , restless, displeased.

These words cant be applied to God of his jealousy,he is Almighty,no one has anything that he wants or covet.

So then his jealousy must be of or for something else then,a very jealous person of you will hurt you,you have something they wish they had,a thief is a jealous person because he wants what you have and will kill,Jehovah is no different he will put to death ones who incite him to jealousy since he is very jealous.

God tells us what he is extremly jealous for:

(Ezekiel 39:25) . . .I will show exclusive devotion for my holy name.

When one considers what God’s name stands for, the reason for his insistence on exclusive devotion becomes clear:

(Ezekiel 5:13) . . .And my anger will certainly come to its finish and I will appease my rage on them and comfort myself; and they will have to know that I myself, Jehovah, have spoken in my insistence on exclusive devotion, when I bring my rage to its finish upon them.

A husband or wife who is jealous will hurt or kill because they want exclusive devotion ,how much more God who says his name is jealous.

Satan knows what kind of person God is so he sets this up as I said earlier,he know God is not one to mock:

(Galatians 6:7) . . .Do not be misled: God is not one to be mocked. . .

He says he wants exclusive devotion,so by taking his personal name away and teaching false doctrines ,saying Jesus is God will result in death for these followers.

Any bible believer who refuses to Jehovah wholehearted devotion, failing to love him with his whole heart, mind, soul, and strength, is trying to serve two masters. Jesus explained that the result of this course would be disastrous, for such a man would love one master and despise the other.

The Devil puts these ones to inciting Jehovah to jealousy:

(Deuteronomy 32:16-17) . . .They began inciting him to jealousy with strange gods; With detestable things they kept offending him. 17 They went sacrificing to demons, not to God,. . .

(Matthew 6:24) . . .he will stick to the one and despise the other.. . .

By the teaching Jesus is God means Jehovah is being despised and he will punish bible believers who fail to worship him.

A jealous person is to be feared how much more God.

(1 Corinthians 10:21-22) 21 YOU cannot be drinking the cup of Jehovah and the cup of demons; YOU cannot be partaking of “the table of Jehovah” and the table of demons. 22 Or “are we inciting Jehovah to jealousy”?. . .

I mentioned on this forum the Devil is a god and he is being worshipped by Christendom  not Jehovah.

(2 Corinthians 4:4) . . .among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers,. . .

(John 14:30) . . .I shall not speak much with YOU anymore, for the ruler of the world is coming.. . .

S the wrong god is being served and it will mean certain death who refuse to bow to Jehovah.

Jehovah`s Witness

Benyamin Grünbaum