Jehovah`s Witness/Jesus' reign of 1000 yrs

Question
QUESTION: Hello Sister Pam, Can you clear something up for me? I have read that Jesus will rule for a thousand years. I have also read that Jesus will be King forever and ever.Does kingship equate rulership? Since Jesus was appointed King in 1914,did He begin His Rule at that time? If Jesus was given all power and authority before 1914,what changed when he became King in 1914? What's  Jesus' role after the 1000 years?

Thank you, Kevin

ANSWER: Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your questions. I will have to do further research on one of your questions but I should be able to answer the others right now.

1)Please give me the scripture where it says that Jesus will rule as King forever and ever so that I can be better equipped to answer your first question.

2)Since Jesus was appointed King in 1914,did He begin His Rule at that time?Yes

3)If Jesus was given all power and authority before 1914,what changed when he became King in 1914?
Psalm 110:1 says: “The utterance of Jehovah to my Lord is: ‘Sit at my right hand until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.’ So from the time of Jesus death until 1914 he sat at his fathers right hand until Jehovah gave him the permission to clear out the heavens of demonic influence, thus placing their enemy Satan the Devil and his demons under his feet.

4)What's  Jesus' role after the 1000 years? Jesus role after the 1000 years is not discussed in the Bible so I can not give you an answer on this question. You will just have to wait and see.

QUESTION: Hi again Sister Pam, here's a few of the scriptures I found relating to Jesus' rule.

Rev. 11:15
The seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, which said: "The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he will reign for ever and ever."

Ex. 15:18
The LORD will reign for ever and ever."

Dan. 7:14
He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

Luke 1:33
and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end."

Isaiah 9:7
Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this.

Matt. 28:18
Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me

So from what I gather Jesus was given all authority and a kingdom to rule over forever and ever,which means eternity to me. Since eternity has no end, how could he turn His rulership over? Since in Matt. it says Jesus was given all authority in heaven and earth, who has all that authority now?

Answer
Hi Kevin,

I apologize for taking so long to answer your question. I have a very heavy course load this quarter.

* The information below each scripture is taken wol.jw.org/  Insight on The Scriptures Volume 2

1) Rev. 11:15

- Our Lord and of "his Christ" indicates that John is referring to Jehovah God and Jesus Christ as two separate individuals.

“Kingdom of Our Lord and of His Christ.” The apostle John, writing toward the close of the first century C.E., foresaw through a divine revelation the future time when Jehovah God, by means of his Son, would make a new expression of divine rulership. At that time, as in the time of David’s bringing the Ark up to Jerusalem, it would be said that Jehovah ‘has taken his great power and begun ruling as king.’ This would be the time for loud voices in heaven to proclaim: “The kingdom of the world did become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he will rule as king forever and ever.”—Re 11:15, 17; 1Ch 16:1, 31.

It is “our Lord,” the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, who asserts his authority over “the kingdom of the world,” setting up a new expression of his sovereignty toward our earth. He gives to his Son, Jesus Christ, a subsidiary share in that Kingdom, so that it is termed “the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ.” This Kingdom is of greater proportions and bigger dimensions than “the kingdom of the Son of his love,” spoken of at Colossians 1:13. “The kingdom of the Son of his love” began at Pentecost 33 C.E. and has been over Christ’s anointed disciples; “the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ” is brought forth at the end of “the appointed times of the nations” and is over all mankind on earth.—Lu 21:24.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

2) Ex. 15:18
The LORD will reign for ever and ever."

The answer above applies to this scripture as well
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

3) Dan. 7:14

However, there is evidently another major reason for Jesus’ frequent use of the expression “Son of man” as applying to himself. This is with regard to the fulfillment of the prophecy recorded at Daniel 7:13, 14. In vision, Daniel saw “someone like a son of man” coming with the clouds of the heavens, gaining access to “the Ancient of Days,” and being granted “rulership and dignity and kingdom, that the peoples, national groups and languages should all serve even him,” his Kingdom being an enduring one.

Initially, Jehovah will reside with his earthly subjects representatively by means of Christ Jesus. At the end of the thousand years, Jesus will hand the Kingdom over to his Father, having fully accomplished God’s purpose for the earth. (1 Cor. 15:28) Thereafter, perfected mankind will no longer need Jesus as an intercessor; Jehovah will be with them. What a wonderful prospect lies before us! In the meantime, then, let us strive to imitate the faithful generations of old by making Jehovah our “real dwelling.”

4) Luke 1:33

5) Isaiah 9:7

LORD Almighty refers to Jehovah God and not his son. (Please refer to #1)

6) Matt. 28:18
(This scripture is not referring to the length of Jesus Chris rule, but instead it points to the work he commissioned his followers to do.)

Jesus uses his authority to lead the Christian Congregation. if you read verses 18-20 you will see that this was the context of the entire scripture, the preaching of the good news of the kingdom. And Jesus said this to disciples after his resurrected and moments before his Ascension to heaven.

Jesus not only assigned his disciples the life-saving work of making more disciples but also promised to be with them. The history of early Christianity, as recorded in the Bible book of Acts, shows beyond a doubt that Christ used the authority given him to lead the newly formed congregation. He sent the promised “helper”—the holy spirit—to strengthen his followers and to guide their efforts. (John 16:7; Acts 2:4, 33; 13:2-4; 16:6-10) The resurrected Jesus employed angels at his command to support his disciples. (Acts 5:19; 8:26; 10:3-8, 22; 12:7-11; 27:23, 24; 1 Peter 3:22) Moreover, our Leader provided direction to the congregation by arranging for qualified men to serve as a governing body.—Acts 1:20, 24-26; 6:1-6; 8:5, 14-17.

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister Pam B