Jehovah`s Witness/HOW JESUS SAVES US

A very important question for all Christians. How Jesus saves us?

I know that Jesus offered His blood to Jehovah blabla but I dont understand what does this means. I dont grasp the symbolism and the actual thing behind it.

I believe someone must first have an accurate knowledge of what sacrifice means as a word and it's role IN ALL RELIGIONS, no matter if he hates all other religions except Christianity. If sacrifice was a FALSE practise, then Jehovah would not allow His believers to offer such things. It was and it is a global thing for all people.I have heard that people were offering blood to various figures who according to them, they had spilled their own blood for the benefit of humanity.   

So HOW are we saved by Jesus? All people need a logical explanation.

Thank you very much and I wish courage in the new difficult year

Good evening, Christaras.  I hope you are well.

Your question goes back to the original sin, in the Garden of Eden.  In Genesis 3:21, we see that after Adam and Eve ate of the fruit that they were forbidden to eat, God made them "coats of skins" as a covering for their nakedness (Gen. 3:21).  The fig leaves they used were not good enough.  Because sin had been committed, blood had to be shed, and an animal had to die.  The shedding of blood, is required by God.  Why?  Because the penalty for sin, is death.  In order for our sins to be atoned, covered, or removed, it requires the shedding of blood.

Notice as we read on, we come to the time when both Cain and Abel brought their sacrifices to Jehovah (Genesis 4:3-5).  We are told that Abel's sacrifice was accepted, but Cain's was not.  Why was this?  Because Cain brought the fruit of the other words, a sacrifice that he himself had worked for.  He was bringing the works of his own hands, and that would never appease God.  Abel's sacrifice was accepted, because his sacrifice involved the shedding of blood.  We see this pattern all through the Scriptures.

The thing to understand, is that those animal sacrifices could only "cover" the sin, but not completely remove it (Heb. 10:3-4).  The ultimate sacrifice and removal of sin, was accomplished when Jesus Christ went to the cross, and shed His blood as a perfect sacrifice.    

Hebrews 9:22 puts it this way....

"And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission."

But that is not all.  Verses 23-28 show the superiority of Christ's sacrifice, over the sacrficing of animals.   All blood sacrifices in the Old Testament, were a fore-shadowing of the ultimate blood sacrifice, when Jesus Christ was nailed to the cross and shed His blood on our behalf.

vs. 23-28-  "[It was] therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.  

For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, [which are] the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:  

Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;  

For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.  

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:  

So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation"

While the animal sacrifices had to be repeated, by contrast, Christ's sacrifice as the Lamb of God, NEVER has to be repeated again.  It is good once and for all time.  That is why Jesus said on the cross "It is finished", meaning that everything that had to be done for our redemption, was accomplished that day.  That is why it is pure blasphemy for ANY religious group, to claim that salvation is found in them, or that you must be in their group, in order to be saved.  That is an insult to Christ's sacrifice, by implying that it alone is insufficient.  It is also contradicting Christ's statement on the cross, that "It is finished".  

Sacrifice in itself is not a false practice, as it was commanded by Jehovah God from the beginning of time, since man fell.  There is no question that some heathen religions do commit abomination in the things they sacrifice, and the manner in which it is done.  For instance, God does not accept HUMAN sacrifice.  And animal sacrifice today is completely unnecessary, and an insult to the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross.  This is the sacrifice that provides salvation to all who accept it.  It needs nothing else added to it....not animal sacrifice, our works or merits, or any religious Organization or church.  All former sacrifices simply foreshadowed the death of Jesus Christ, and became null and void, with the sacrifice of Christ on the cross.

Thanks for writing, and I hope this answer has helped.  

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland

I was raised in the religion known as Jehovah`s Witnesses for 13 years. Since becoming a born-again Christian, I have researched extensively this religion, especially their doctrines and their history. I can answer questions about their doctrines from the perspective of Biblical Christianity. To be clear: Jehovahs Witnesses is the religion of my upbringing, though I myself was never baptized into the religion, nor have I ever been considered as a Jehovahs Witness.

29 years of Biblical research into the fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith, and how they differ from the teachings of the Watchtower.

I would advise each questioner to this forum, to carefully READ the profiles of the various volunteers. There are several such as myself, who are not practicing JWs, but will provide you with an accurate and honest answer, regarding JW teaching. If we don't know the answer, we will try to research and get it for you. There are also some excellent practicing JWs here, who also endeavor to give you a factual and honest answer, based on their point of view. I believe by getting both points of view, the questioner can weigh the evidence for themselves, and make an informed decision. Unfortunately, there are also 3 here who claim to be JWs, but do NOT give honest, or well-researched answers. They will tell you only what they want you to believe, and they often hide facts about the history of their religion, as well as print untruths about other people's beliefs. This is done in an attempt to deceive the unsuspecting reader. It can be easily seen who these 3 are, simply by reading the public posts and "answers" which they write. Their posts will normally be filled with personal attacks, and if you question them about some teaching or aspect of the Watchtower that makes them uncomfortable, they will often reject your question, question your motives for asking it, tell you that you have been reading "apostate" sites, or turn the conversation into an attack on another expert. These ones are better avoided, as there is nothing to be gained by way of positive discussion, as they are not interested in intelligent conversation, or honest dialogue. If after reading the forum, you still have any questions as to who they are, just ask me, and I will be happy to tell you. And I can also provide documentation of their willful dishonesty. One thing is for a forum where people from both sides claim to be "Christians", there should never be any willful lying. Such ones only create a distraction in the forum, and provide nothing of any real value.

High School, some college. Studies of God's Word, the Bible, and how it compares to JW theology. I have found my own personal study and experiences to be far more valuable than any formal education or training. The Bible message is clear...Salvation is ONLY through and by the shed blood of Jesus Christ, and no religious organization has a thing to do with it. While attendance at a Bible-preaching, Bible-believing church is a must for spiritual growth and fellowship, no church can grant salvation to its members. Nor is joining a particular group a prerequisite for being saved.