QUESTION: Hello SisterT.

I read your previous answer to a guy who was feeling uncomfortable to present his doubts to witnesses. You said that you were surprised by his fear and people who take bible studies should be encouraged to present their doubts. Thats why I decided to send this. Not to attack you, saying you are wrong or you lie(since I dont like to attack personalities), but to discuss and analyze the subject, finding the truth.

As you can see theres a large number of people who complain about Witnesses being harsh with people of doubts and different beliefs. I tried to understand why this happens. Here is what I think. Witnesses are taught that everything not coming from Watchtower is spiritual poison that will lead to the loss of their salvation. They are taught not to follow Eve's example picking the fruit, but depend on a JW expert who can protect them from wolves who manipulate doubts and lead them to loss of salvation.

There are several problems with this.

1)ALL JWs will finally go out to preach. There, they will come in contact with every kind of men, wbo may present them 1000 different beliefs or doubts on Watchtower teachings. So ALL JWs must be well trained, having examined all different interpretations and beliefs.

2) Doubt is necessary if you care for the truth. Its a hard way to find the truth of a subject. Personally, I had to read too much creation-evolution material, testing both sides and going through hundreds of doubts, in order to decide evolution is false. Im still learning things. We have already eaten from the Tree of Good and Evil, so we are condemned to search for the truth on our own, were no more safe on God's hands. Knowledge causes pain.

3) Since JWs feel they deal with spiritual poison, they think ALL QUESTIONERS must be wicked devils attacking their personality and wanting them to be lost, or at least weaken by demons that may drag JWs to destruction too. So they treat most of them in a nasty way. The questioner may be annoyed by this and reply in the same nasty way. We often get angry and return evil with evil. So theres a vicious circle.

4) Finally, if JWs are harsh then people will not be attracted to JWs religion, no matter if JWs hold the truth in everything. To answer in the following way :

"So you have 2 choices. To accept Christendom and perish in Gehenna or to accept Jehovah's witnesses religion and live on the upcoming paradise"  

is a emotional response that drives away people, no matter if the religion expert is correct about his sayings on salvation or any other. Its dealing with the character of the indivindual and makes him feel terrible like hes dealing with a judge equal to Jesus Christ.

Your thoughts please.

Good day,

ANSWER: Hello and thanks for writing,

I responded to what the person said, each person is different and needs to be dealt with on an individual basis.  He said that he studies with Witness friends.  So I'm thinking why agree to a study with someone you don't feel comfortable asking questions to in the first place.  That doesn't add up to me.  I personally would not agree to something if I could not be open about my questions and why a person believes the way that they believe.  As Jehovah's Witnesses we are open to questions, because the majority of this world believes the lies that are told to them and handed down.  In order to show a person what the Bible says calls for questions, calls for discussion.  That is all fine with JW's, we don't mind those questions.

Regarding the gentleman I replied to, I also said but if you are not comfortable then ok.  Because I do not know the circumstances of why he doesn't feel comfortable with people he calls friends and have studied with for some time.  

And also, he could be just saying he studies and is not comfortable asking so he can try to cast doubts and cause trouble.  I don't know his motives.  So I asked questions.  That's how you find out is by asking.  Nothing wrong with asking questions.  Whoever feels that they can't ask a question is only fooling themselves.  If I don't understand something I have no problem with asking questions, in fact I have asked questions to experts on here before, and guess what?  My question was explained and I understood better. I've asked questions to Bro. Rando, Bro DW, Bro Grunbaum, and Sister Brenda before.  I have no problem asking a question about something I may not understand. They had no problem with answering.

Did you know that is one of the reasons why Jesus taught in illustrations?  Because if a person was serious about learning what he was talking about, they'd go ask him questions, like his disciples did and then he explained what he meant.  If the person was not serious then they wouldn't care to ask questions. (Matt 13:10-15).  

But what you have to remember is there are different kinds of questions, like these here:

2 Tim 2:23 "Further, turn down foolish and ignorant questionings, knowing they produce fights."

There are legitimate questions that are asked and we have no problem helping someone who really wants to know the truth find those answers.  But there are questions that are not legit, like some of the ones that are sent to us on this site.  Like some of the questions the Pharisees and Sadducees asked Jesus.  (Matt 21:23-27; Matt 22:16-21; Matt 22:23-32; Matt 22:34-46)

Just as people did in Jesus day they do today, as we see here:

Matt 22:15 "Then the Pharisees went their way and took counsel together in order to trap him in his speech"

In following the Bible if we refuse to answer or if we don't water down the truth to appease people and their emotions then some get upset.  Most of the ones who get upset are the ones who really do not want an answer to begin with.

People sometimes act like they are interested but really are not, they just want to start trouble.

For example, if I show you in the Bible where it says that a soul dies, Ez 18:4, but then you  come back and try to convince me that the soul does not die.  

That's not just going against what the Watchtower says, that's going against what God said in the Bible, the Watchtower did not author the Bible.  God is the author, not us, not the FDS, God is.  

So when a person is clearly shown an answer from the Scriptures whether it's from a person or through the pages of one of our publications and they refuse to accept it because it's not the answer they want, then it's nothing we can do about that.

There's only 2 roads, either a person is on the narrow one leading to life or they are on the broad road leading to death (Matt. 7:13,14)

So with all the beliefs that are out there, especially within mainstream Christianity, all one need do is look at if the teachings are in harmony with God's word the Bible, the entire Bible, if they are not, then they are on the broad road, it's that simple.  

Actually that's not correct what you said, Witnesses are not taught that everything not coming from the Watchtower is spiritual poison that will lead to the loss of their salvation.

We are taught that everything not coming from the Bible is spiritual poison that will lead to the loss of their salvation.

We are taught to depend on Jehovah and be followers of Jesus, the Bible tells us not to follow Eve's example, so if the FDS says the same thing, how is that wrong?  It's not!  

If people think they can do everything on their own and be just fine..well what does the Bible say about that?

Regarding the Ethiopian Eunuch who was reading on his own, let's look in and see:

Acts 8:30,31 "Philip ran alongside and heard him reading aloud Isaiah the prophet, and he said: “Do you actually know what you are reading?”31He said: “Really, how could I ever do so, unless someone guided me?” And he entreated Philip to get on and sit down with him" (Read the whole account Acts 8:26-38)

(Also read Prov. 3:4,5 and Jeremiah 23:10, Prov. 28:26, 1 Cor 3:18)

So just like Paul and the others, who listened to Paul.  We listen to the FDS because they only want to follow Jesus as Paul did, so what is shared in our publications is backed up by Scriptures, which we read the Bible day and night.  If an already in place prophecy from the Bible that was written way before we were even born was misunderstood, it still doesn't change the fact that the soul dies, it still doesn't change the fact that Jesus is not Jehovah the Almighty God, it still doesn't change the fact that there are only 2 roads, it still doesn't change the fact that there is no hellfire of torment.  

1) As I mentioned to the gentleman, if there is something that an individual does not know they can research it to find out or they can ask someone.

2) Not all doubts are bad, if so we wouldn't have this scripture here:

Prov. 14:15 "Anyone inexperienced puts faith in every word, but the shrewd one considers his steps."

Sometime there are legit reasons to doubt.

Prov.26:24-26 "With his lips the hater makes himself unrecognizable, but inside of him he puts deception. 25 Although he makes his voice gracious, do not believe in him, for there are seven detestable things in his heart. 26 Hatred is covered over by deceit. His badness will be uncovered in the congregation."

The apostle John also warns Christians against blind belief. "Do not believe every inspired expression," he writes. Rather, "test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God." (1 John 4:1) An "expression," a teaching or opinion, might appear to emanate from God. But did it really come from him? Exercising some doubt, or suspending belief, can be a real protection because, as the apostle John says, "many deceivers have gone forth into the world." 2 John 7.

1 Thes 5:21 "Make sure of all things; hold fast to what is fine."

Since we are taught these things, then why would we not welcome questions?  That's where misconception comes in, if you already have in your mind that asking a question is bad, then you will be afraid to ask.  

But there are also unfounded doubts.  Doubts that can ruin a person's relationship with their God Jehovah.  Just like Eve ruined hers with Jehovah because she began having doubts, why because she listened to Satan, who lied!  So yes it is very important to keep free from this type of doubting.  Because the Bible specifically says that there will be men who are wolves in sheep clothing, that's from the Bible! (Matt 7:15)

JW's are convinced that they have the truth because of asking questions and researching the Scriptures.  And so there are no more doubts for the real JW's.  

Matt 21:21 "In answer Jesus said to them: "Truly I say to YOU, If only YOU have faith and do not doubt, not only will YOU do what I did to the fig tree, but also if YOU say to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen"

James 1:6-8 "But let him keep on asking in faith, not doubting at all, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven by the wind and blown about.7 In fact, let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from Jehovah; 8 he is an indecisive man, unsteady in all his ways."

Eph. 4:14 "in order that we should no longer be babes, tossed about as by waves and carried hither and thither by every wind of teaching by means of the trickery of men, by means of cunning in contriving error"

But then you have people working for Satan come along and cast doubts in people, just like Satan did to Eve.  Now remember, Eve was perfect, she had direct contact with Jehovah and yet instill Satan was able to cast doubts in her mind.  Things that were not true.  In fact, he even persuaded other angels to side with him, and those angels were up in heaven and witnessed Jehovah's creations.  Now fast forward to our day, we are IMPERFECT, no where's near perfect, we don't have direct contact with Jehovah, and Satan is still using the same tactics he did with Eve, with Angels, so wouldn't it be wise to not even listen to those things, can we rightly declare that we can't be affected? Are we more powerful then Angels, then a perfect human?  No where's near!  That's why we are warned, it's not about a person having questions, or not understanding, it's for a person's own benefit, why lose out on life because of listening to false reasonings and lose Jehovah's approval?  Is it worth it?  Not to me it's not.  Not when I know this is the truth.  I know without a doubt! How do I know, because I asked 50 million questions, that's why!  I studied the responses in the Bible, I grew up trusting NO ONE, if I am told something it has to be proved or I'm not believing it.  I pick up on little things people say and I question it.  I trust in Jehovah with all my heart, and his word the Bible has shown me that the only ones who teach his word are called by his name, Jehovah's Witnesses! (Act 15:14,17)

Example: If you are told that a place is quarantined because everyone has Influenza, and if you have to go there, you must wear a mask and gloves, would you go there and think I won't get Influenza because my immune system is super strong, nothing will affect me, and go in anyway without the gloves and mask?  You are doomed to get it.  Someone falling prey to Satan's tactics doesn't make JW's teachings false.  It just means their faith was shipwrecked because they did not heed the warnings to stay away.  

I just read how someone bragged to Bro. Grunbaum about how they were able to shipwreck some JW's faith.  Satan is real, he's seeking to devour someone! Don't be his prey!

3) This is not true and unfounded, and our yearly growth attests to that.  Again, it's a difference if a person is sincere or just trying to make trouble.

4)  Once a person has shown someone from the Bible and they don't want to believe it, but they still want to fight and debate then there's no point in continuing on, we aren't here to force anyone...again Matt 7:13,14 applies as Jesus said in the Bible that there are only 2 roads, so it's either one or two things that are going to happen to people, they will either perish on the broad road or live on the narrow road.  If a person believes the false lies of Christendom who has already been condemned by God in the Bible then that person will get what they get.(Rev. 18:4)  It's that simple.  You are given a chance to get out now and/or learn the truth from the Bible, and that truth from the Bible is only being taught by Jehovah's Witnesses.  That is the truth regardless if many do not want to believe it.  We know most won't believe it, the Bible tells us that, thus the narrow road. How many people survived the flood, who at that time would have guessed it would be only 8 people on the entire planet earth.  Do you think they believed Noah?  No, that's why only 8 survived, because most didn't believe it, just like today.  We also know that many will hate us as the Bible says, we didn't say it, Jesus said it, so if someone comes and says different, it's not us they are going against, it's right there in black and white for all to see.  

Matt 24:9 "Then people will deliver ​YOU​ up to tribulation and will kill ​YOU, and ​YOU​ will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name."  (Also 2 Tim 3:12)

What people are hated today, so much so that people spend years and their entire lives attacking our beliefs, attacking us either physically, spiritually or emotionally?  The answer: Matt 24:9.

Since there's so many religious beliefs, then one only need find the one that is living and teaching according to what the Bible itself says, and the Bible itself says there is ONLY ONE that exists.

Eph 4:5 "one Lord, one faith, one baptism;"

There's only one, Jehovah's Witnesses!  When we knock, please answer and learn about Jehovah and live!

Sorry this is long, please don't hold it against me.

Have a good day and thanks for writing

Sister T  

QUESTION: It was a long reply, so thank you for your time.

Its true that when someone "asks" someone in a way that its not a question at all(for example "Your beliefs are wrong, you are an idiot"), then its physical for the receiver of the "question" to be upset. Because the questioner hadnt pure intentions for discussing religious truths, he was just there to criticize, tease and attack persons. So, I agree that questions like the ones of the Pharisees are not really questions and its physical to ignore or even be impolite with them. Also, some people think they're playing football and its like they demand you to confess you were beaten, these dont respect different interpretations and beliefs. They demand you to change your beliefs.

But what about the cases where its a JW's fault and the questioner was really interested for discussing the truth of a subject?

1)Someone asks a JW, presenting a polite doubt on a JW interpretation
2) The JW changes the subject avoid dealing with the core of the question, totally ignoring what the questioner wrote
3)The questioner becomes upset and asks why his question was not answered.
4) The JW becomes upset too , saying "dont post again", "I have already answered to your question"
5)The questioner may come back in a nasty manner
and so on...

Why does this happen? I think it happens because JWs dont accept others than the Watchtower to "teach" them, presenting arguments against Watchtower arguments. In this case they feel that they are taught by someone who is not on God's side. But how could someone present his doubt without posting arguments against the opposite view? Yes, it looks like a "teaching" but the conversation cant take place without this. And what if you realize that the one you conversate with is right on something? Why would you feel bad about this if you lust for the truth? Unless someone believes he already has the truth in everything, as God who is all-knowing.Finally, I think that some JWs feel they are here only to give certain answers to popular questions.

As about your last paragraph. My thoughts. Is it bad to be a Jehovah's Witness? No! But dont you think its bad if I get stuck with the idea I am someone special in God's eyes? Noone is perfect, only Jesus and Jehovah. How is a christian JW who accepts Jesus, better than another christian who accepts Jesus too but has different interpretations? Will the fact of being false or right on subjects of theology, anthropology or prophecy, define if Im a christian?

I think here rests the whole problem with religions. Many people think they are allknowing and that they will be saved because of this. If they discover theyre wrong in something, then terror seizes them believing that their whole life was a lie and joke. This is a sign that someone based his faith on unimportant details. For example what if some details of 1914 doctrine or the whole of it were wrong? Does this mean that God is a liar? Does it mean that people who deny 1914 doctrine may not see fullfillments of Revelation from the 20nd century? I think our whole belief has become a ...number. These are my thoughts.

Your disagreements please.

ANSWER: Hello again,

As I mentioned before there's different kinds of questions, some questions like the ones the Pharisees asked are not out right knowing directly against, but they are said in a way to cast doubt.  As we see in the question Satan asked Eve.

Gen. 3:1 "....So it began to say to the woman: “Is it really so that God said ​YOU​ must not eat from every tree of the garden?"

And as I mentioned once a person is showed in black and white and they still refuse to accept what the Bible says then they may get rejected because a person gets understanding from Jehovah.  (John 6:44; Dan. 12:10))

If a person has their own beliefs they are free to have them, we don't force anyone to believe us, if they don't want to then that's fine, but debating something over and over again doesn't accomplish anything.  So there's no point in doing it.

1-5) As Prov.26:24-26 pointed out being polite means nothing, Satan was polite with Eve, the Pharisees was polite with Jesus.  So being polite means nothing when it comes to those kinds of questions that we are shown in the Bible to shun or that try to cast unfounded doubts.

The Bible tells us that Satan is transforming himself into an angel of light and so is his ministers, and when a person isn't really interested in learning the truth then it's best to not even debate.  See you may not pick up on it but the person they are asking may can.

This happens because the person isn't really interested in the first place.

2 Cor. 11:13-15 "For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ.14And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of light.15It is therefore nothing great if his ministers also keep transforming themselves into ministers of righteousness. But their end shall be according to their works."

You are right God is all knowing, not imperfect people, but there are some basic Bible truths that are undeniable.  Like the soul not dying, Jesus is not God, there is no reason to come and try to convince us of something that is not in the Bible.  

If you are talking about a misunderstanding about an already in place prophecy, like you said, God is all knowing, we are not, so if we make a mistake regarding a prophecy, then it will be corrected in God's due time...that doesn't change the basic Bible truths.

No we don't feel that we are better than anyone else, but we do feel that this is the truth because the Bible is from God, not men, (2 Tim 2:16,17) and having the privilege of knowing the truth, as Jesus said it will set one free (John 8:32) is not being taken for granted and is why we preach to others.  It's what we are commanded to do and because of love.  (also read John 20:35)

Example:  There's a child in school who does not misbehave at all and then you have the majority of the class that acts up, but because he refuses to join in with them and is different, the kids who act up tell him he thinks he's better then they are.

Just because he refuses to join in with them, it doesn't mean he thinks he's better.  It means he isn't afraid to be different and wants to do right and not do wrong just because the majority is.

Again, it's not about being better, it's about what's the truth and what's a lie.  If a person claims to be a Christian then they need to ask themselves if they are worshiping what the Bible says, the God of the Bible, or if they are worshiping what a man says or what's been handed down. (Mark 7:6,7) If Jesus said this Good News of the Kingdom will be preached in all the earth (Matt 24:14) and a person refuses to accept that Jesus is ruling as the King of God's Kingdom, they won't be preaching about something they refuse to accept, and therefore they aren't doing as Jesus commanded.  That's on them, not us.

The Bible has the last word on who is the Christian, as Jesus said you would know his disciplines by their fruits!

Matt 7:16-20 "By their fruits ​YOU​ will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they?17Likewise every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit;18a good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, neither can a rotten tree produce fine fruit.19Every tree not producing fine fruit gets cut down and thrown into the fire.20Really, then, by their fruits ​YOU​ will recognize those [men]."

“By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves." John 13:35.

You can tell one who is serving God and one who isn't, as the Bible says...

Mal. 3:18 "And ​YOU​ people will again certainly see [the distinction] between a righteous one and a wicked one, between one serving God and one who has not served him.”

The Scriptures interprets the Scriptures...2 Pet 1:19-21

If you read the Bible about the Israelites, what did Jehovah tell those people?  What did Jehovah tell Noah, he said to build the Ark and take in the animals and go in and live....when it started to rain, I would imagine that people tried to board their own boats to survive, they didn't survive though, who survived? Only the 8 people in the Ark, the ones doing the Will of Jehovah obeying his commandments together in unity. If it was every Christian for themselves, Jesus would not have prayed about his followers being of one mind, being all in that destroys that notion right off the bat.  

1 Cor 1:10 "Now I exhort ​YOU, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ that ​YOU​ should all speak in agreement, and that there should not be divisions among ​YOU, but that ​YOU​ may be fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought"

Phil 2:2; Eph 4:4,5; John 17:21,22

if a person wanted Jehovah's favor did they not have to get circumcised as a Jew and live as a Jew?  Why did God tell them not to mix with the what point would a person have to come along and say, you think you're special.  God said they would be his special people his property if they obeyed his commandments.  So if we as JW's obey his commandments, we are his's how Jehovah has always done, no human can tell him how to operate and what to do.

I'm going to copy and paste an article:

JESUS made it clear that some forms of worship are not acceptable to God. He spoke of “false prophets,” comparing them to a tree that produces worthless fruit and “gets cut down and thrown into the fire.” He also said: “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens.”—Matthew 7:15-22.

Jesus, in fact, said regarding some who would claim to follow him: “I will confess to them: I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness.” (Matthew 7:23) Further, when speaking to the religious leaders of his day, Jesus applied to them God’s words to apostate Israel: “It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men.”—Mark 7:6, 7.

Clearly, not all worship is approved by God or his Son. Thus, not all worship is true worship. Does this mean that only one religion teaches the truth? Could not God be working through a number of religions, while rejecting certain others? Or, for that matter, might God be accepting and rejecting the worship of individuals scattered about in a number of religions despite what their organizations teach?

The apostle Paul wrote under divine inspiration: “Now I exhort you, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ that you should all speak in agreement, and that there should not be divisions among you, but that you may be fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought.” (1 Corinthians 1:10) The Bible also exhorts Christians to be “of the same mind and have the same love, being joined together in soul, holding the one thought in mind.”—Philippians 2:2.

Where such unity exists, the result is, in fact, one religion. Accordingly, the Bible says that there is “one Lord, one faith, one baptism.”—Ephesians 4:4, 5.

What the Bible Record Shows

That the above conclusion has solid Scriptural support is clear from the Bible record. By searching this record, you will find that God dealt with his people through one system of worship. Early in mankind’s history, God used patriarchs, or family heads, as his representatives. Prominent among them were Noah, Abram (Abraham), Isaac, and Jacob.—Genesis 8:18-20; 12:1-3; 26:1-4; 28:10-15.

The people who descended from Jacob came to be enslaved in Egypt. While there, they were cruelly oppressed yet grew to number into the millions. God delivered them from captivity, miraculously bringing them through the Red Sea. Then he adopted them as his people, providing them laws by means of the mediator Moses. They became the ancient nation of Israel, God’s nation.—Exodus 14:21-28; 19:1-6; 20:1-17.

Significantly, God did not approve of the forms of worship practiced by people in the nations surrounding Israel. In fact, he punished his people when they deviated from his laws and adopted such forms of worship.—Leviticus 18:21-30; Deuteronomy 18:9-12.

What about individuals from other nations who wanted to worship the true God? They needed first to abandon their former false worship and then join Israel in the worship of Jehovah God. Many of them gained God’s approval and became his loyal servants. These included women, such as Rahab the Canaanite and Ruth the Moabite; men, such as Uriah the Hittite and Ebed-melech the Ethiopian; and groups of people, such as the Gibeonites. Israel’s King Solomon offered a heartfelt prayer in behalf of all who, like them, joined in true worship with God’s people.*—2 Chronicles 6:32, 33.

After Jesus Came to Earth

Later, after Jesus was sent to earth, the way of true worship was established on the basis of his teachings, and God’s purposes were illuminated in a grand way. In time, true worshippers came to be called “Christians.” (Acts 11:26) Thus, Jews who wanted God’s approval had to leave their former way of worship. They did not have the option of choosing between two systems of worship or of worshipping as isolated individuals. As we have seen in God’s Word, true worshippers were united in “one faith.”—Ephesians 4:4, 5.

Today the idea that God deals with mankind through only one religion may seem extreme and unpalatable to some. Yet, it is the conclusion to which the Bible points. In the past, many individuals who had worshipped in their own way came to grips with this fact. They joined themselves to the true worshippers of Jehovah, and any initial misgivings gave way to great blessings and joy. For example, the Bible says that after one Ethiopian man accepted Christianity and was baptized, “he kept going on his way rejoicing.”—Acts 8:39.

Anyone today who accepts and practices the true religion will realize similar blessings. But with so many religions to choose from, how can you identify the one true religion?

Sister T

QUESTION: Thank you.

What captured my attention in your last reply is the phrase "true religion". I think you mean a group of people that worship the true God.

Lets go back. Christianity canceled Judaism and Jesus was considered an apostate for Judaism because he put an end to the Mosaic Law, while he also was considered god from his followers.

I know JWs for a long time since I have members of them in my family, but sincerely I havent finally understood what they think deep inside about Jesus and Jehovah on terms of worship. Theres a verse that as a biblical expert you are familiar with. There we read that its Jehovah's will for Jesus to sit on Jehovah's throne as Jehovah and everyone to prostrate before Him.

2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

To be honest, when I first read these verses I was shocked. Here we read that Jesus Christ is made Lord by Lord Jehovah. Im
not "trinitarian", but trusting the Bible I read here that its Jehovah's will that Jesus will sit on Jehovah's throne as Jehovah and will receive worship from everyone. Worship means asking protection, you depend on someone. Its a reward of Jehovah to Jesus.

So, what JWs finally think about this? Is Jesus worthy to receive worship and rulership equal to His Father? Or is Jesus just a medium?

To sum up, if you understood what I wrote, we must be humble enough to confess that Christianity brought changes, ok? Now, we have a second Lord that is worthy to be worshipped as Lord Jehovah His Father, because he spilled his blood for all creation. That is what Jehovah wants according to these verses.
So, shouldn't christian people who accept the NT of the Bible (like Jehovah's Witnesses), move away from Judaism and worship Jesus too?

Thank you.

Hello and thanks for writing,

A group of people who worship the true God in the religion that Jesus set forth would mean true religion, there is only two ways, true and false, thus the two roads again at Matt 7:13, 14.  It can't be both, it can't be somewhere in between, it's either one or the other.  So one is true and one is false.  As I mentioned, if you look at the Bible, the ones who are following what it says is Jehovah's Witnesses as God is a God of order 1 Cor. 14:33, not messy chaotic sometime yes, sometime no, and all over the place.

We view Jesus as Jehovah views him, as he viewed himself, as the means of Salvation by which we can live forever, because of Jesus coming down here and dying for us, we can be reconciled to God, (2 Cor. 5:19; Romans 5:8, 10; 1 Tim 2:3-6) we can approach God in prayer because of Jesus dying for us. But our worship goes strictly to Jehovah, as he says:

Ex 20:3,5 "You must not have any other gods against my face. 5 You must not bow down to them nor be induced to serve them, because I Jehovah your God am a God exacting exclusive devotion,..."

Ps. 83:18 "That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth."

Jesus himself said his Father Jehovah was the ONLY TRUE GOD:

John 17:3 "This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ"

That doesn't change just because Jehovah rewarded Jesus for coming down here, he made Jesus King of his Kingdom with the exception of himself.  

1 Cor. 15:27,28 "For [God] “subjected all things under his feet.” But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that it is with the exception of the one who subjected all things to him. 28 But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone."

Let's look at what John did, he fell down to worship an angel, and the angel told him not to do that, but he also tells John who to worship, he does not say, worship them both, he says worship God.

Rev. 19:10 "At that I fell down before his feet to worship him. But he tells me: “Be careful! Do not do that! All I am is a fellow slave of you and of your brothers who have the work of witnessing to Jesus. Worship God; for the bearing witness to Jesus is what inspires prophesying.”  (also Rev. 22:8).

We are to worship God only. Why?

Rev. 4:11 "“You are worthy, Jehovah, even our God, to receive the glory and the honor and the power, because you created all things, and because of your will they existed and were created."

Those who serve Jehovah cannot worship any other person or thing. Read what is said about this at Joshua 24:14, 15, 19-22; Isaiah 42:8; 1 John 5:21.

Also, we see this here:

Romans 1:25 "even those who exchanged the truth of God for the lie and venerated and rendered sacred service to the creation rather than the One who created, who is blessed forever. Amen."

When Satan tried to get Jesus to fall down and worship him, did Jesus say, only myself and my Father are to be worshiped?  No, Jesus did not make himself equal to God, he said God, his Father was greater than he was.

John 14:28, "YOU​ heard that I said to ​YOU, I am going away and I am coming [back] to ​YOU. If ​YOU​ loved me, ​YOU​ would rejoice that I am going my way to the Father, because the Father is greater than I am"

The reply to Satan sums it all up right here and it's from Jesus' own mouth, so if you truly trust the Bible then there is no need to further argue the issue, it's right there who is to be worshiped only!

Matt 4:10 "Then Jesus said to him: “Go away, Satan! For it is written, ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to HIM ALONE you must render sacred service."

Take Care,

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T

Please click here--> For your Free Home Bible Study

I can answer questions related to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bible. I love learning the truth from the Bible and helping others to learn that truth as well. I don't know everything but will answer from the Bible, I like to use illustrations as well to help a person relate to what is being said. The Bible has the last say so over any person.

I am an active baptized Jehovah's Witness and Jehovah is Almighty God,(Ps. 83:18) and his Son Jesus Christ died so that everyone exercising faith in him may not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16). I support my fellow Witnesses on this board who are real, and Jehovah's worldwide visible organization, including the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. As God is not a God of disorder, and there could not be order if there were not ones to take the lead. Taking the lead and having a leader is not the same, our leader is Jesus Christ, and in order to have unity and order, there has to be arrangements in place. As the first century Christians had, there were men taking the lead, (Acts 6:1-6) as with Moses, (Exodus 18:21) and in our day, in following with Bible truths, we do the same. When people twist that around to us worshiping men, it is just a straight out lie! Why would the Scripture at 1 Tim. 3:1-10, 12, 13 give the criteria for men reaching out for an office of overseer if that was not meant to be? (Phil 1:1, Acts 20:17, 28, Eph. 4:11, 12, 2 Cor. 3:4-6). If we were not supposed to have men who take the lead, why was this scripture penned? James 5:14-15 "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

If you have legit questions and want to know the truth, please ask, but if you are here to spread your lies and twists of the scriptures or get your falsehoods out, you may get rejected! The truth is from the Bible, if what you say does not harmonize with the Bible then what you say is wrong! Context and other scriptures help determine scriptures that may stump us, let scripture interpret scripture. The Bible does not contradict itself, so if what you are being taught or if what you are teaching makes it seem like the Bible is contradictory, remember it's not the Bible it's the man-made teaching! Doctrines of men! Mark 7:6, 7 "He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men." (also Romans 10:2, 3)

Matthew 24:14 says "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." We are doing that today, we are living in times of Bible Prophecy and as a Jehovah's Witness, we have the privilege to be apart of a prophecy spoken by Jesus himself! The good news of the Kingdom. Ask yourself, what kingdom? then read Daniel 2:44! It's a real government. Take heed now! Listening to men over God will mean your life.(Prov 3:5,6, Ps. 146:3) A lie will never become truth, No matter how long or how many people say it or speak it. Learn what the Bible really teaches, seek out Jehovah's ways, serving God in truth is only acceptable to him,(John 4:23, 24) you can not be serving God acceptably if what you believe is a lie! Pray for understanding and ask Jehovah to search your heart and draw you! (John 6:44, 65) Now is the time to be with the people who are called by Jehovah's name! (Acts 15:14, 17, Isa. 43:7, 10, Zech 8:23)