Jehovah`s Witness/Kingdom of Jehovah

Hello and thanks.

What do you mean saying that worship is not exactly servitude but devotion? Isnt servitude and devotion the same thing?

Ok, now on the kingdom of God.

I had a laugh seeing that Masoretic text has "holy nation"(Jews) in Daniel 7:27.Anyway no matter what different people claim, I agree that its God's Kingdom, where gods or men rule as representatives of God, fullfilling His will.

1)But when did God begin to rule? Some say He was, is and will be ruler forever. Besides this, in Daniel's book we read in "present tense" that His kingdom IS eternal.

If that is true, how He began ruling in a specific date(1914 or other)? And why even Daniel said God WILL set a kingdom that will crash all authorities, if that kingdom already existed and is eternal as Daniel said himself?

2)Also, we read that kings of the Earth rule because of Jesus or Jehovah that have appointed them. But then that they have received kingship from Satan. So, who gives them power? Jehovah or Satan?

Sorry for the flood of questions, I hope these 2 are the most important.

No, Servitude and Devotion are not the same thing. Plus I said EXCLUSIVE DEVOTION.  Jehovah does not force anyone to worship him.  You have a choice.  That's why it's more close to devotion, exclusively devoted to Jehovah.

Servitude: (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)
: a condition in which one lacks liberty especially to determine one's course of action or way of life
: a right by which something (as a piece of land) owned by one person is subject to a specified use or enjoyment by another

Devotion: (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)
a : religious fervor : piety
b : an act of prayer or private worship —usually used in plural
c : a religious exercise or practice other than the regular corporate worship of a congregation
a : the act of devoting <devotion of time and energy>
b : the fact or state of being ardently dedicated and loyal <her devotion to the cause> <filial devotion>

Exclusive: (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)
a : excluding or having power to exclude
b : limiting or limited to possession, control, or use by a single individual or group
a : excluding others from participation
b : snobbishly aloof

Worship:(Merriam-Webster Dictionary)
chiefly British : a person of importance —used as a title for various officials (as magistrates and some mayors)
: reverence offered a divine being or supernatural power; also : an act of expressing such reverence
: a form of religious practice with its creed and ritual
: extravagant respect or admiration for or devotion to an object of esteem <worship of the dollar>

1) Jehovah has not interfered with Satan's rule of the earth, and is why Satan is called the god of this system of things, (2 Cor. 4:4; 1 John 5:19)

He's letting Satan try to prove his statement that one, people do not serve God out of love and also that he can turn everyone against Jehovah.  (We know this by reading about Job)

So under Satan's rule, do you think people truly can govern themselves apart from Jehovah?  The answer is obvious!  NO!  The condition of this system and the way of this world shows without a doubt that they can't.

God has let a certain amount of time to pass by so that there will be no doubt whatsoever ever again regarding God's right to rule.  Since Jehovah is fair and more Just then us humans, what if another angel decided down the road what Satan claimed?  If God had not handled matters the way he is handling them, it could always be doubts regarding this with the angels as well as others.  So Satan has a period of time to rule over this world, and then he will be destroyed for good.  And if someone, even an angel comes back with the same argument, it will have already been disproven without a doubt.

In Dan. 2:44, we see that it says in the DAYS OF THOSE KINGS, the God of heaven will set up a Kingdom, this Kingdom was SET UP with Jesus as being the King of that Kingdom and in 1914, Jesus began ruling as King.  Jehovah has an appointed time for things to take place, as the Bible says, he's a God NOT of disorder. (1 Cor. 14:33)  When Jesus began standing as King while there were still earthly Kings on earth, (Ps. 110:2) Jesus cleaned up the heavens first by throwing Satan and his demons out!  (Rev. 12:9)  And we see that before then Satan could go back and forth from heaven to earth,(Job. 2:1,2)  But once he was thrown down to the earth, he could no longer go back up there to make their lives miserable (Rev. 12:8).  So we have to put up with him for a Shorter period of time, way shorter then Jehovah had to deal with Satan, (Rev. 12:12)

What you are not understanding is that Kingdom that was set up began ruling in heaven in 1914, it's not ruling on earth yet, Satan is ruling on earth right now (John 12:31; 14:30; 16:11; Luke 4:5-7).

You know we are on the earth, but Jehovah's entire organization consists of angels that are up in heaven as well, not just the people on earth.  

So our turn, or appointed time is up next!  

2) You know way back the Israelites asked for a human to rule over them as King, and Jehovah gave them their request.  They in fact rejected Jehovah.  To me this is really sad and we can see how humble Jehovah is.

1 Sam. 8:4-9 "In time all the older men of Israel collected themselves together and came to Samuel at Ra′mah 5 and said to him: “Look! You yourself have grown old, but your own sons have not walked in your ways. Now do appoint for us a king to judge us like all the nations.”6 But the thing was bad in the eyes of Samuel inasmuch as they had said: “Do give us a king to judge us,” and Samuel began to pray to Jehovah. 7 Then Jehovah said to Samuel: “Listen to the voice of the people as respects all that they say to you; for it is not you whom they have rejected, but it is I whom they have rejected from being king over them. 8 In accord with all their doings that they have done from the day of my bringing them up out of Egypt until this day in that they kept leaving me and serving other gods, that is the way they are doing also to you. 9 And now listen to their voice. Only this, that you should solemnly warn them, and you must tell them the rightful due of the king who will reign over them."  Read the whole chapter of 8.

With the different kings that ruled over the people, some served God and some didn't.  But some aspects of the governments did help the people. As time went on, we see that today, the governments of this world do not look to God for guidance. But they provide needed services to combat chaos.  Their authority is relative.  They do not look to Jehovah for guidance, because they are under the rule and influence of Satan, (Luke 4:5-7)

Remember what Jesus said, he said his kingdom was no part of this world. (John 18:36) He's not going to set up a Kingdom on earth, it's a heavenly Kingdom that will rule over the earth, but from heaven!

Take care

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T

Please click here--> For your Free Home Bible Study

I can answer questions related to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bible. I love learning the truth from the Bible and helping others to learn that truth as well. I don't know everything but will answer from the Bible, I like to use illustrations as well to help a person relate to what is being said. The Bible has the last say so over any person.

I am an active baptized Jehovah's Witness and Jehovah is Almighty God,(Ps. 83:18) and his Son Jesus Christ died so that everyone exercising faith in him may not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16). I support my fellow Witnesses on this board who are real, and Jehovah's worldwide visible organization, including the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. As God is not a God of disorder, and there could not be order if there were not ones to take the lead. Taking the lead and having a leader is not the same, our leader is Jesus Christ, and in order to have unity and order, there has to be arrangements in place. As the first century Christians had, there were men taking the lead, (Acts 6:1-6) as with Moses, (Exodus 18:21) and in our day, in following with Bible truths, we do the same. When people twist that around to us worshiping men, it is just a straight out lie! Why would the Scripture at 1 Tim. 3:1-10, 12, 13 give the criteria for men reaching out for an office of overseer if that was not meant to be? (Phil 1:1, Acts 20:17, 28, Eph. 4:11, 12, 2 Cor. 3:4-6). If we were not supposed to have men who take the lead, why was this scripture penned? James 5:14-15 "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

If you have legit questions and want to know the truth, please ask, but if you are here to spread your lies and twists of the scriptures or get your falsehoods out, you may get rejected! The truth is from the Bible, if what you say does not harmonize with the Bible then what you say is wrong! Context and other scriptures help determine scriptures that may stump us, let scripture interpret scripture. The Bible does not contradict itself, so if what you are being taught or if what you are teaching makes it seem like the Bible is contradictory, remember it's not the Bible it's the man-made teaching! Doctrines of men! Mark 7:6, 7 "He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men." (also Romans 10:2, 3)

Matthew 24:14 says "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." We are doing that today, we are living in times of Bible Prophecy and as a Jehovah's Witness, we have the privilege to be apart of a prophecy spoken by Jesus himself! The good news of the Kingdom. Ask yourself, what kingdom? then read Daniel 2:44! It's a real government. Take heed now! Listening to men over God will mean your life.(Prov 3:5,6, Ps. 146:3) A lie will never become truth, No matter how long or how many people say it or speak it. Learn what the Bible really teaches, seek out Jehovah's ways, serving God in truth is only acceptable to him,(John 4:23, 24) you can not be serving God acceptably if what you believe is a lie! Pray for understanding and ask Jehovah to search your heart and draw you! (John 6:44, 65) Now is the time to be with the people who are called by Jehovah's name! (Acts 15:14, 17, Isa. 43:7, 10, Zech 8:23)