Jehovah`s Witness/Michael

Question
Hello DW

Hope you are well

After the recent conversation between yourself and Derrick I am actually quite interested in this whole Jesus is Michael teaching. Can you enlighten me on this subject ?

Thanks

Answer
Hello mate

Thanks for writing.

You know when we're talking about scripture we use the Bible to interpret itself.

Right from the start according to the scriptures you have two choices.

1) Jesus is God

2) Jesus is an angel

In his own words Jesus tells us he's an angel. He say's he's a morning star and a morning star is an angel.

Job 38:

7 "When the morning stars joyfully cried out together"

Rev 22:

"I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright morning star"

So he's the bright one of all Jehovah's creation,he's the first created angel. We're told that here.

Col 1:

15 "He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation"

God is not born nor is God of creation. But Jesus/Michael is.

Archangel means chief of the angels or chief of the messengers. That's why Jesus was called the word in the beginning.

John 1 "In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god"

The word of God (Michael) gives a prophecy regarding Satan in Ezekiel.

Eze 28 "And the word of Jehovah continued to occur to me, saying"

17 "Onto the earth I will throw you"

Which of course we see Michael do in Revelation

Rev 12:

7 "And war broke out in heaven: Mi′cha·el and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled 8 but it did not prevail, neither was a place found for them any longer in heaven. 9 So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him"

We also see Michael stand up  in Dan 12:10

"And during that time Mi′cha·el will stand up, the great prince who is standing in behalf of the sons of your people"

To stand up in Daniel denotes the action of a King as we see in the previous chapter,here's just one example.

Dan 11:

3 "And a mighty king will certainly stand up and rule with extensive dominion and do according to his will"

We also see Michael is the great prince ruling and of course Jesus is the prince with the princely rule.

Isaiah 9:

6 "and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called ............ Prince of Peace"

We also see Jesus is the archangel here

1 Thess 4:

16 "because the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice"

Now here's also a link to a question I did on this a little while ago in case you have any questions.

So now you'll see just looking at some of the evidence why Jehovah's witnesses hold the belief that the Bible certainly indicates that Jesus is Michael.

Follow up if you need

Take Care

jw.org

https://www.jw.org/en/free-bible-study/  

Jehovah`s Witness

Bro DW