Jehovah`s Witness/New Light

What is the New Light change or understanding that just came out by the Watchtower Branch?

I do not know exactly what the "new light" you ask about relates to. I am not familiar with the expression "new light" being used recently. Are you referring to the revised understanding of who make up the faithful and discreet slave?

I also avoid using the expression "new light". The scripture refers to those who do not understand the truth of God's word as being in darkness and those who do as having the light. Mathew 5:14-16 says, "“You are the light of the world. A city cannot be hid when situated upon a mountain. People light a lamp and set it, not under the measuring basket, but upon the lampstand, and it shines upon all those in the house. Likewise let your light shine before men, that they may see your fine works and give glory to your Father who is in the heavens."  

Knowledge is progressive regardless of what field of knowledge you are referring to. Man is still not perfect and therefore no matter how much we have it together or no matter how convinced we are that all the pieces fit, what we know can still be improved upon and our understanding can still be deepened to accept or reject ideas not yet perceived. Even as an individual learns one thing at a time so too, over the years, and as a group, modern Christians do not gain a complete accurate understanding instantly by some miracle. God's spirit may have worked that way in the first century as one of the Gifts of the Holy Spirit was the gift of knowledge but the scriptures clearly show that these miraculous gifts would cease. (see 1 Corinthians 13:8) So our understanding today is acquired by a different path rather than by some miraculous gift or inspiration.

Rather than "new light" I prefer to simply think more in terms of existing light getting brighter and as it does things become clearer and clearer.

Jehovah`s Witness

I can answer questions about what Jehovah's Witnesses believe and why. I am not a scholar. I have no secular education beyond high school.

I have been a baptized Witness of Jehovah since June 1961. I have never been disfellowshipped but I do have opinions of my own that I feel support what most Witnesses believe. What I am saying is that sometimes my reasons for accepting what Jehovah's Witnesses teach and believe are in addition to or are not the same as the reasons given by our organization but my beliefs are still the same. Even though I may state my personal opinions, I will however never give my own opinion without first trying to state the official position of Jehovah's Witnesses. Contrary to popular opinion, Jehovah's Witnesses are allowed to think for themselves. However, we do recognize the need for unity, for all being on the same page, and therefore I will not give any personal opinions that would result in drawing conclusions contrary to what we as an organization teach. I will always try to give a source to back up my statements.

I have not served as an elder. Anyone asking me a question should know that. My father is an elder and my younger brother is as well. I have served in the capacity of a Ministerial Servant but currently I am not one. I also was a regular pioneer for three years after graduating from high school.