Jehovah`s Witness/Just An Observation

Question
Hello Richard.

I just want to mention something I noticed about the site here, and those who post answers in it.  I saw where a person wrote to you and wanted you to admit lying, for giving a quote that was fully correct, but simply attributed to the wrong person.  When you were made aware of this, you immediately corrected this and did so without pressure or persuasion.

And even though the quote was exactly the same and the point exactly the same, the Witness seemed so desperete to make you a liar. It shows me they are grasping because they have been put on their heels. They are constantly being shown lies and misquotes that they have told and you never, I reapeat, NEVER see a retraction or an apology from them. Not that Ive seen anyway. And they do it nearly every day in one form or another.

Just want you to know you are doing a great job, and any real christian would be willing to correct a mistake. And yours was minor compared to the blatant lies these people tell.

This one from you struck my interest because I sent an expert a question a year ago this past christmas showing a quote from one of their own founders, saying it was okay to celebrate christmas. That expert jumped on me and lashed out at me for digging up old publications and then arrogantly criticized me for quoting judge Rutherford.

But he was wrong! The quote did not come from Rutherford, but from Russell. I dont remember anyone calling him a liar for attributing it to the wrong person. But when it was pointed out to him that he had done so in a nice way, he became all the more angry. I think he was embarrassed because he had claimed to be an expert on their history and jumped on me for thinking he wouldnt recognize the quote. But he credited the wrong person for the quote.

That doesnt matter, mind you. It was an honest mistake. But I just notice that the witnesses want to hold you guys to one standard, and live by another one themselves. I think you showed much more humility and true christianity than any of these witnesses do. At least the ones who make the most noise.

I hope you have a good day and God bless you. Keep up the good work.

Answer
Thank you.  The fact is that I misstated something, and it deserved immediate correction.  There was nothing to hide from or argue about.

As far as the actions of the other experts, I can't control them.  I can only control myself.  Even then, I still mess up.  Thank goodness that no one's eternal fate rests on my words.

Matthew 7:20 "Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them."

As admitted by some experts, they are different in their door-to-door ministries than they are on this site.  Their fruit is not seen when they are "love-bombing" a new study or a visitor to their Kingdom Hall.  Their fruit is more readily seen when they can hide under a shadow of anonymity.  Then again, other JW experts appear to be more consistent, and I must give credit where credit is due.

I hate that any expert on this forum treated you with anything less than dignity and respect.  That is not what we signed up to do.

Happy New Year!  

Jehovah`s Witness

Richard