Jehovah`s Witness/A poster clalls my statement idiotic !

Question
Hi Derrick as you can see are the discussion the gentile times and Rev 11: 15 still on!  A poster said to Grunbaum when said that Jerusalem, has the abillity to start the biggest war and human history and he tells Grunmbaum my statement is idiotic!

Now I hope the poster read this post and tell me just how idiotic the Bible can be through the prophet Zehariah and the world as we see it today , how Jerusalem is the spectrum of news almost every day a city the Jews wont give up a city that cause great powerful mations to are odds with one another . No other city are as much disputed as Jerusalem

And in that day I will make Jerusalem , to be a burdensome to all the nations and people ... Zech 12: 3

As you can see Grunbaum is heving a hard to deny the existence of a real Jerusalem ! ,Now maybe this poster can also tell us where Mergiddo is where the final biggest war will take plae in the end.

As I read Zech prophecies extensively about the city in the last days and God,s plans with it!

Keep well !

Answer
Good evening, Johan, and thanks for writing.

Yes, I saw the statement that you mentioned.  I wouldn't worry too much about that, Johan.  The reason they call your statement "idiotic", is because they can't refute it.  This is typical of JWs...When they can't refute your message, they attack the messenger.  Yes, its really childish, but is very common among many of these people.  

What is "idiotic", is that they actually think God has reneged on His many promises to Israel as a nation, and that he has replaced Israel with "spiritual Israel".  

Like Grunbaum himself said in his reply to the questioner...

"Christendom dont believe in spiritual Israel"

Well, OF COURSE we don't.  Simple reason being, there is NO SUCH thing as "spiritual Israel" in the Scriptures.  Now, if "Brother Ed" would like to discuss this issue further and muster the courage to write someone who isn't one of his own, then he can feel free to discuss why believing the Scriptural prophecies, is so "idiotic".  

We could have fun with that one all day.  Romans 11 completely destroys their notion of "spiritual Israel", and no way can this chapter be applied to ANYONE but the NATION of Israel.

If they want to talk about idiotic statements that make their jaws drop, they should try reading their OWN statments.  They seem to think that the reason the prophecies can't be talking about NATIONAL Israel, is because they have rejected the Messiah.  I guess it escapes them, that the Jewish rejection of the Messiah was ALSO prophesied as well, even when Jehovah was making the promises to keep His hand on them, and bring them to a knowledge of Christ.  That fact proves nothing...In fact, it shows the prophecies will be proven true, because not only was the REJECTION of the Messiah prophesied, but also the RESTORATION of the nation, by their eventual acceptance of the Messiah.

Let me say this in conclusion.  Basically, this "replacement theology" nonsense as taught by groups like JWs, Church of Christ, and others, amounts to the same thing as a man promising his wife that he will get her a new diamond ring.  Well, he then goes out and buys the diamond ring for ANOTHER woman who is not his wife.  When his wife confronts him about this, and tells him that he lied to her and didn't keep his word, he replies by saying...."What?  I kept my word....I bought the ring".  

Unfortunately, he bought the ring, but not for the one whom he promised to buy it for.  

That is "replacement theology" in a nutshell....God made promises, and fulfills them not the ones He made them to, but to someone else.

It is ridiculous, unscriptural, and yes....even "idiotic" to claim that the prophecies from Jehovah Himself, will not be fulfilled exactly as He said.  It is the WT prophecies that never come to pass....God's words always come to pass.

You are correct, Johan...Grunbaum is having a hard time with that, and why wouldn't he?  He is trying to defend an unscriptural position, for which there is no Biblical defense.

Take care, and God bless.

Derrick

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland