Jehovah`s Witness/Prayers

Question
What are proper matters about which to pray? Give examples in our daily lives?

Answer
Hello and thanks for writing,

We can pray for anything that is in harmony with Jehovah's requirements  as stated in the Bible. (1John 5:14)

We can pray regarding personal concerns because the Bible says we should pour out our heart to God.

Ps. 62:8 "Trust in him at all times, O people. Before him pour out ​YOUR​ heart.
God is a refuge for us."

We can pray to help us cultivate the fruitages of his spirit (Gal. 5:22,23)

We can pray for more faith (Luke 17:5),

We can pray for Holy Spirit to help us do what is right (Luke 11:13)

We can pray for strength to deal with troubles and to resist temptation (Phil 4:13)

We can pray for inner peace and calmness (Phil 4:6,7)

We can pray for wisdom to make good decisions (James 1:5)

We can pray for help with daily needs (Matt 6:11)

We can pray for forgiveness of sins ( Matt 6:12)

Drawing close to Jehovah (James 4:8) putting faith in him and loving him from your heart will move you to want to have a personal relationship with him and become his friend as Abraham was (James 2:23).  

Do you have or have you ever had a close friend who you confide in or go to about things that concern you?  Do you have to ask what to say to them?  Or do you just go to them and pour your heart out about what's going on with you?  You'd feel comfortable going to that person with concerns.  That's how you should feel talking with Jehovah, comfortable and yet respectful but able to talk to him about what your concerns are.

Hope this help.

Sister T

jw.org

https://www.jw.org/en/free-bible-study/

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T