Jehovah`s Witness/Trinity

Hi Richard,

I just read

What you answered there is exactly what confuses me about the Trinity.  To me, your answer was very circular.  

I see similarities between what you said and what the JWs teach eg Jesus was in Sheol like the rest of the dead. Your reply on tempting God was very much a JW answer - "The simple answer is that Jesus was flesh and had to deal with what flesh has to deal with, including temptation."  It did not address the issue of tempting God

The same with your reply about killing God. It to was reminiscent of a JW answer "You don't, you remove the life from the body Jesus was given."  You never answered the question

Why does the question "WHO RAN THE WORLD?" " put God into a box."?

I was under the imprecation that  in the Trinity all three are co equal. That is what I have been taught. But when you answered the question  "HOW DOES ONE PART OF GOD NOT KNOW THINGS"  your answer sounded just like a JW - " It is for these reasons that Jesus only knows what the Father wills Him to know when He wills Him to know it."  you then tell us readers that - " this concept does not contradict the scriptural definition of the Trinity, but it does conflict with many man-made concepts of the Trinity"  So WHAT is the scriptural definition of the Trinity please?

SO after that can you see why I see the Trinity as a committee of three as per my first question?

Hi again,

I am just checking in to see if you have been able to find what you are looking for regarding the biblical definition of the Trinity.  You did not state your background to me, and my answers within this forum are geared to respond to typical JW concerns with it.  Perhaps if you can give me some information about what you have been brought up to learn, your background, etc., I may be able to better direct you toward scripture and/or other thoughts on the subject.  Again, I apologize that what I said was not making sense to you, but I don't want you to give up on your search.  Learning who Christ is makes a big difference in your relationship with the Father.  Please consider writing back a new question with some background information.  If you decide to do this, please check the "Private" box so your information is not broadcast to the world.

Thank you,

Jehovah`s Witness

I am not a Jehovah's Witness, however I can answer many questions concerning the ideas and doctrines on which they disagree with mainstream Christianity. I have spent a great deal of time in ministry with current and ex-Jehovah's Witnesses, as well as those who have started to become disillusioned with the Watchtower Organization.

Jehovah's Witnesses are generally wonderful and moral people who are zealous for God. However, in their zeal, they have pledged allegiance to what they believe is God's spirit-directed organization. This allegiance blinds them from allowing God's word alone to work in them. My hope is to share the love of Jesus Christ with all who seek salvation, no matter their label or denomination. My experiences come from the relationship that I have with Him as the source of my daily strength. These experiences create an undeniable testimony of salvation by grace through faith in the cleansing blood of the Lamb of God. Through prayer and meditation on God's holy word alone, we find truth as revealed to us through the Holy Spirit.

As the word "organization" is misleading in this particular area, I want to be clear that, as a member of the body of Christ, the label or denomination of the church I attend is not the source of my salvation. I do not go to or through any organization for official knowledge or guidance. I go to God's word alone.

I have a Bachelor and Master's Degree with extensive educational experience.