Jehovah`s Witness/f/u

Question
QUESTION: Hey Eddie, sorry for another email but I needed to correct myself. I left something out of one of my sentences.

"Jehovah" was not used in Greek writing."

I meant was not ALWAYS used in Greek writing, meaning all writing of the NT.

ANSWER: Hi Ron,

Of course the name Jehovah (as known today) was used back then! It was used in both the "OT" and "NT". Otherwise the writers themselves will be guilty of HIDING God's name.

To prove my point again.

Can you please give me one valid reason - if there's even one - why the name of God "YHWH / JHVH - Yahweh / Jehovah" was removed and replaced by LORD at Luke 20:42 (from many translation) since the ORIGINAL source of the texts has the name of God - YHWH / JHVH - Yahweh / Yehowah / Jehovah" written in it?

Source:

NWT:
“. . .The utterance of Jehovah to my Lord is: “Sit at my right hand Until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.”” (Psalm 110:1)

“For David himself says in the book of Psalms, ‘Jehovah said to my Lord, Sit at my right hand” (Luke 20:42)

Other Bible translation rendered this way:

World English Bible
>>> Yahweh says to my Lord, "Sit at my right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool for your feet."

Darby Bible Translation
>>>> {Psalm of David.} Jehovah said unto my Lord, Sit at my right hand, until I put thine enemies as footstool of thy feet.

American Standard Version
>>>> Jehovah saith unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, Until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
>>>> And David said in the book of Psalms, 'THE LORD JEHOVAH said to my Lord, “Seat yourself at my right hand,

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
>>>>> Lord Jehovah said to my Lord, “Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies as a stool for your feet.”

The same verse Luke 20:42 --

New International Version
David himself declares in the Book of Psalms: "'The Lord said to my Lord: "Sit at my right hand

New Living Translation
For David himself wrote in the book of Psalms: 'The LORD said to my Lord, Sit in the place of honor at my right hand

English Standard Version
For David himself says in the Book of Psalms, “‘The Lord said to my Lord, Sit at my right hand,

New American Standard Bible
"For David himself says in the book of Psalms, 'THE LORD SAID TO MY LORD, "SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND,

King James Bible
And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

Holman Christian Standard Bible
For David himself says in the Book of Psalms: The Lord declared to my Lord, Sit at My right hand

International Standard Version
Because David himself in the book of Psalms says, 'The Lord told my Lord, "Sit at my right hand,

NET Bible
For David himself says in the book of Psalms, 'The Lord said to my lord, "Sit at my right hand,

GOD'S WORD® Translation
David says in the book of Psalms, 'The Lord said to my Lord, "Take the highest position in heaven

Jubilee Bible 2000
And David himself says in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand

King James 2000 Bible
And David himself said in the book of Psalms, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit on my right hand,

American King James Version
And David himself said in the book of Psalms, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit you on my right hand,

American Standard Version
>>>> For David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

Douay-Rheims Bible
And David himself saith in the book of Psalms: The Lord said to my Lord, sit thou on my right hand,

Darby Bible Translation
>>>> and David himself says in the book of Psalms, The Lord said to my Lord, Sit at my right hand

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation
And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

Weymouth New Testament
Why, David himself says in the Book of Psalms, "'The Lord said to my Lord, Sit at My right hand

World English Bible
>>>> David himself says in the book of Psalms, 'The Lord said to my Lord, "Sit at my right hand,

Young's Literal Translation
and David himself saith in the Book of Psalms, The Lord said to my lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

Question: WHY all of the sudden the changed?

Care to explain?

QUESTION: "Can you please give me one valid reason ..."

I myself cannot, but at the same time I don't feel like I need to. As I said before, I have not felt the Spirit dealing with me because I call Him Father, or Heavenly Father. In fact, I feel a more close and personal relationship with Him when I do that. But I directed you to a website that answers your question, if your church will give you permission to exercise free will and read it. I didn't want to borrow from that site to answer you. But your church has far bigger problems than that .

Answer
So is there any valid reason why the name of God was removed then replaced with the title LORD?

Well Ron, I'm thankful of your honesty and glad that you did not attempt to answer my question otherwise you would had gotten yourself into a deeper problem explaining it. Do you know why?

The reason is simple, there's NO VALID reason to remove God's holy name (from His own letter), none! There's no justification to change YHWH / JHVH - Yahweh/Yehowah/Jehovah into LORD (from his own book), none!

None that anyone can justify.

Yet MAJORITY of Bible translators did it anyway!!!

Imagine that, even the majority of the so called scholars (who are supposedly in the KNOW) approved of the removal and changing of God's name (into a title) for no VALID REASON. They even went so far as to belittle and disparage those who restored it to its proper place.

Yet these are people who are well recognized! Bible scholars who hold impressive credentials of "Divinity" and such! Yet to them IT'S just academic the mistreatment of the Divine name. And the sad part of all is, they allowed a flawed human superstitious belief to influenced them from taking such foolish act.  Imagine that, no valid reason to support them! Yet they did it anyway and condemned those who had the guts to restore it to its rightful place! Sad indeed.

But what good is a credential, if in the end result their work proves them to be mere fools? None.

But even more disconcerting, is the disrespectful treatment of God's name! The COMPLETE removal of His Divine name (from His own book) based on nothing but their own twisted justification. That is:

"In regard to the divine name YHWH, commonly referred to as the Tetragrammaton, the translators adopted the device used in most English versions of rendering that name as "Lord" in capital letters to distinguish it from Adonai, another Hebrew word rendered "Lord," for which small letters are used. Wherever the two names stand together in the Old Testament as a compound name of God, they are rendered "Sovereign Lord." -- end quote

the translators adopted the device - is this even a VALID REASON to remove and change the name of the Living God into a mere TITLE?

It's unjustifiable if you ask me.

But whatever reason these majority of Bible translation committees had in mind, IT'S NOT Valid and a  misconception.

However, thanks to the New World Translation OF the Holy Scriptures (NWT) by Jehovah's Witnesses, the Divine Name has NOW been restored to its proper place. Thank Jah Jehovah for restoring His majestic name for ALL to see!

And interestingly enough the translation committee of the newly released  "The Divine Name King James Bible" has followed suit and did a similar approach as the NWT

(But I wonder what prompted them to take such approached? Unfortunately it still CONTAINS many errors such the CROSS).

But do you know Ron who is ultimately very glad and even giddy about this? That is, the hiding of God's Divine name?  It's no other than the enemy of the Truth, the number one archenemy of Jehovah God, its the father of the LIE - Satan the Devil. He is happy about this for it furthers his evil agenda - to destroy everyone. He did this in the Garden of Eden, did it in heavens by corrupting the sons of God - the angels, then corrupted true Christianity by making it part of Christendom then corrupted the Bible by introducing pagan doctrines and teachings in it and to top it all - remove then replaced God's Divine Name with a title - LORD. He hates Jehovah, he hates that name with no end!

And as long as you call Jehovah by any title (God, Father, LORD, Almighty, Savior) other than by His holy name, that's okay with him because he knows that not knowing God by His Divine name means death! As the Scripture says::

“.... everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”’” (Acts 2:21)

As the Psalmist said:

“I do love, because Jehovah hears My voice, my entreaties.  2 For he has inclined his ear to me, And throughout my days I shall call.  3 The ropes of death encircled me And the distressing circumstances of She′ol themselves found me. Distress and grief I kept finding.  4 But upon the name of Jehovah I proceeded to call: “Ah, Jehovah, do provide my soul with escape!”  5 Jehovah is gracious and righteous; And our God is One showing mercy.  6 Jehovah is guarding the inexperienced ones. I was impoverished, and he proceeded to save even me.” (Psalm 116:1-6)

“That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth.” (Psalm 83:18)

As one Wise man said:
“The name of Jehovah is a strong tower. Into it the righteous runs and is given protection.” (Proverbs 18:10)

As the prophets said:

“And in that day YOU will certainly say: “Give thanks to Jehovah, YOU people! Call upon his name. Make known among the peoples his dealings. Make mention that his name is put on high.” (Isaiah 12:4)

““For your Grand Maker is your husbandly owner, Jehovah of armies being his name; and the Holy One of Israel is your Repurchaser. The God of the whole earth he will be called.” (Isaiah 54:5)

“. . .The spirit of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah is upon me, for the reason that Jehovah has anointed me to tell good news to the meek ones. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to those taken captive and the wide opening [of the eyes] even to the prisoners; 2 to proclaim the year of goodwill on the part of Jehovah and the day of vengeance on the part of our God; to comfort all the mourning ones;” (Isaiah 61:1, 2)

“And it must occur that everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will get away safe; for in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will prove to be the escaped ones, just as Jehovah has said, and in among the survivors, whom Jehovah is calling.”” (Joel 2:32)

As the apostles said:

“For “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”” (Romans 10:13)

“Through him let us always offer to God a sacrifice of praise, that is, the fruit of lips which make public declaration to his name.” (Hebrews 13:15)

As Jesus our Lord himself said:

“. . .Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified. . .” (Matthew 6:9)

Upon reading the scroll of the prophet Isaiah he said:

“. . .“Jehovah’s spirit is upon me, because he anointed me to declare good news to the poor, he sent me forth to preach a release to the captives and a recovery of sight to the blind, to send the crushed ones away with a release, 19 to preach Jehovah’s acceptable year.”” (Luke 4:18, 19)

““I have made your name manifest to the men you gave me out of the world. They were yours, and you gave them to me, and they have observed your word.” (John 17:6)

“And I have made your name known to them and will make it known, in order that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in union with them.”” (John 17:26)

““‘The one that conquers—I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will by no means go out [from it] anymore, and I will write upon him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem which descends out of heaven from my God, and that new name of mine.” (Revelation 3:12)

As God Himself said:

“And I shall certainly magnify myself and sanctify myself and make myself known before the eyes of many nations; and they will have to know that I am Jehovah.’” (Ezekiel 38:23)

““I am Jehovah. That is my name; and to no one else shall I give my own glory, neither my praise to graven images.” (Isaiah 42:8)

Sadly Ron you fell into Satan's trap and unless you break free from from his grasp, there's no salvation but a dire warning:

“‘And I shall certainly sanctify my great name, which was being profaned among the nations, which YOU profaned in the midst of them; and the nations will have to know that I am Jehovah,’ is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, ‘when I am sanctified among YOU before their eyes.” (Ezekiel 36:23)

And as a friendly advice, stop reading websites that will NOT build your faith towards Jehovah God, especially websites that are vile and hostile to Jehovah like the one your suggesting. To fill your mind with such negative and apostate thinking, you actually become their slaves. And there's no way out of it other than a downward spiral. Like the apostle Paul said:

“. . .Do not be misled: God is not one to be mocked. For whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap;” (Galatians 6:7)

To prove my point that they control you, you said that you "feel a more close and personal relationship with Him"

If so then can say the following and mean it?

“For “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”” (Romans 10:13)

“That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth.”  (Psalm 83:18)

If you feel uneasy or unsure saying it then how do you know that you have "a more close and personal relationship with Him"?

In other words, how do you know that Jehovah knows YOU if you can't even call Him by His Divine name?

To call someone just by a title is both IMPERSONAL and above all lacking respect and love. For how can YOU have a close and personal relationship with YOUR Father in heaven if you even don't recognized his name? How can you tell Jesus the son of the Living God Jehovah that you know his Father if you can't even acknowledge his name? How can you thank God if you don't even recognize His Divine name? How can you ask for help in Jesus Christ name if you don't even recognize His Father and God's name?

Impossible!

But if you're willing to give it a try - to break free from the lie, may I suggest to just take a look at this up-building article. If you think it's a lie then you have the right to disregard it and continue in your present endeavor.

But know this, time is fast running out and above all we don't know what tomorrow brings. We might be here today but gone tomorrow. And no, we don't have an immortal soul - that's another lie promoted by apostates and opposers of the True God Jehovah.

BTW, just to let you know, it's NOT my "church" that's forcing me what to do or not to do but the written Word Of God that's telling me what to do. And since I belong to an Organization that is COMPLETELY devoted to God's Written Word, thus my obedience to their advice means obedience to the Word Of God. But the Word Of God takes precedence above anything else. And judging from the works of the WTBTS Translation committee, Jehovah's spirit was/is indeed with them when the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures was produced!!!

Jehovah`s Witness

Answers by Expert:

Volunteer

Eddie G

Expertise

What the Bible Teaches under the leadership of the Lord Jesus Christ and his Faithful Slave and the guidance of the Sovereign Lord and the ONLY True God - Jehovah. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> https://www.jw.org/en/free-bible-study/ https://www.jw.org/en/free-bible-study/

Experience

I will not tolerate any rivalry against my God! “No weapon formed against you will have any success, And you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment. This is the heritage of the servants of Jehovah, And their righteousness is from me,” declares Jehovah.” (Isaiah 54:17) https://www.jw.org/en/free-bible-study/ https://www.jw.org/en/free-bible-study/ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Organizations

Publications

Education/Credentials
https://www.jw.org/en/free-bible-study/ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Note to readers: If an annoying advertisement or inappropriate advertisement pops up - you can turn it off by clicking on the X mark at the top right corner of the advertisement window. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Awards and Honors

Past/Present Clients

©2016 About.com. All rights reserved.