Jehovah`s Witness/Disheartened

Question
QUESTION: Hello sister t, I chose you to come to because of your sincerity with your responses. I considered years ago becoming a witness, but never pursued it. I was intrigued at the time and found them to be so kind, at least the folks I knew. I stumble upon this site and I have to say I am shocked by what I am reading, especially from the witnesses. Some of them ( not you) seem very mean and vicious. I see very bad behavior and have to wonder why the contempt and hatred being directed to a certain few, especially mr. Holland. I don't know him , but I doubt any person deserves such disrespect and nastiness thrown at them.  I see Jw call non witnesses apostate and satan and other cruel names. Why? I am not a witness, am I considered an apostate ? Am I evil as satan too? This makes me so sad that others would think unkindly of someone because they have a different opinion. I could go on and on, but I think you understand. What are your thoughts  on this despicable behavior by these so called adults? It surely makes me rethink my opinion on Jehovah witnesses. Thank you for your time sister. Jeanie

ANSWER: Hello Jeanie and thanks for writing,

Thank you for saying that my responses come across as sincere, because I am a sincere person and the most important thing to me is honoring my Father in heaven, Jehovah!

You mentioned that you had considered becoming a JW some years back.  Did you ever study with the Witnesses to find out exactly what we believe and why?  You mentioned that the JW's you were personally around were kind.  

Becoming a JW has to do with worshipping Jehovah God according to his Will and not our own, (Prov 3:5,6)  Our devotion to Jehovah God should not be determined by what anyone else does on a public website.  The first commandment Jesus said was that we are to love Jehovah with our whole heart, soul, and mind (Matt 22:37).

I can understand your being upset by certain things on this site, it would be peaceful and we could answer questions in peace if the critics would go to the critics page for JW's. As long as the critics insist on being here and talking against JW's and spreading their personal beliefs and their religion which is the complete and total opposite of what JW's believe, then it will not be a peaceable place (Matt 10:32-34)  It is not JW's, it is the opposers who are in the wrong by their being here.  People should tell them to go to the critics page and then the ones who write to them can freely do so over there, but they will not do that.

If reading on this site causes you to not want to learn the truth about Jehovah, please by all means do not read on this site.  My suggestion Jeanie is to please start a free home Bible study and learn the truth.  If after you have studied and you feel that you do not want to continue then you do not have to.  But find out for yourself first.  Make it a matter of prayer to Jehovah.

A lot of people go by hearsay and out right lies regarding JW's.  Exposing those lies are important because it literally means the difference between life and death.  If people go by what former JW's say who are bitter and disgruntled, (they can say they are not but actions speak louder than words), then they would not be on this site to try to turn people away in the first place, they would care less about what JW's do, not to mention going so far as to sign up as an expert for questions to JW's, but the fact that they are here and really not JW's is the testimony of truth, they can say all day and all night that isn't why they are here, but it's not the truth.

For example a child predator sitting outside a school yard snapping pictures can tell everyone that they are not there to watch the little children or take their picture and no devious schemes are in mind, but would you believe that?  Would you be all right with your child walking alone to and from school while that person is there?  Why go to the school yard in the first place and start taking pictures?  So all the denying in the world doesn't really matter, claiming it's a public street and no wrong is being done doesn't matter, it's obvious why the predator is there.  Would any parent whose child goes to that school defend this person and say it's a public street let him stay and take pictures?  I would hope not!  Well it's similar with the non JW's who are on this site as JW experts, they can deny all day long that they are not here for devious reasons, or that it's a public forum, but it's obvious why they are really here. To turn people away from JW's and promote their beliefs.  

It's not like there is no category for the critics/opposers/apostates to go to, because there is a critics page for Jehovah's Witnesses.  But they refuse to go there, they insist on continuing to be dishonest by their very presence, continuously causing problems.  It confuses people who come to this site looking for answers from REAL JW's. Saying that they are trying to bring ones to Christ can be done from a category of their own belief...why come to a category that you are against and pretend your intentions are only for good, but your actions prove otherwise.

Believe it or not Jeanie, JW's are the only true religion, so anyone who tries to turn people away are in fact causing any who listen to them to lose out on their very lives. (Matt 23:13)  We aren't preaching to people because we have nothing better to do, right now people still have a chance to live and have life everlasting, soon that chance will be over and the ones who refused to take heed will only be able to gnash and grind their teeth.  I urge you to make it a point of prayer.

Having a different opinion then we do is fine and not being a JW does not constitute apostasy, Jeanie.  But it is not JW's who sign on as experts on Baptist's forums, or Born Again and other denomination forums sitting in wait to pounce every chance they get.  But that is being done to us here and people seem to feel that when we speak up and refute the things that are said against us and our God Jehovah that do not agree with what the Bible says, that we are wrong for speaking up and saying so.  When in fact, those ones should not even be experts on a category that they do not believe in and are totally against. That's what the Critics page is for.

You specifically spoke of Mr. Holland, he doesn't even worship the same God that we do.  His God is a Trinity. And he believes that Jesus is Almighty God.  The Bible does not teach his beliefs.  He says he has never been a JW and therefore not an apostate, but then he turns around and says he was raised in the religion for 13 years, so that is supposed to qualify him as a JW expert.  You can't have it both ways. But he seems to feel that way.  He is referred to in some instances as an apostate because he operates as one.  His actions have been to turn ones away from our faith, telling ones why we are wrong and his religious belief is right. Even though he himself has never been a JW at all.  And for most of those 13 years being raised as a JW he was a developing child who just went to meetings with his parent(s) because he had no choice.  That doesn't equate to now being a JW expert.  His actions equate to him being a JW critic.

Any way that a person wants to twist that around, it's still morally dishonest for anyone who is not a real JW to be on a forum in a category that SPECIFICALLY calls for questions to Jehovah's Witnesses.  This forum does not imply that it's questions to anyone who was around JW's, used to be JW's or oppose JW's.  That's what the critics of JW's category is for.  Not this one.  It's a form of deceit and dishonesty.  His answers reflect his religious beliefs and why he feels JW's are wrong and misguided, therefore he should be on the critics page or a page that reflect his beliefs.  He sits as judge writing novels picking apart everything, word by word, that is said by the ones he deems unworthy, (which includes myself) I'm sure he'll do that with all that I've wrote here today when he reads this.  But you asked me specifically about him.

<<Quote>>

An apostasy among professed Christians was foretold by the apostle Paul at 2 Thessalonians 2:3. He specifically mentioned certain apostates, such as Hymenaeus, Alexander, and Philetus. (1Ti 1:19, 20; 2Ti 2:16-19) Among the varied causes of apostasy set forth in apostolic warnings were: lack of faith (Heb 3:12), lack of endurance in the face of persecution (Heb 10:32-39), abandonment of right moral standards (2Pe 2:15-22), the heeding of the “counterfeit words” of false teachers and “misleading inspired utterances” (2Pe 2:1-3; 1Ti 4:1-3; 2Ti 2:16-19; compare Pr 11:9), and trying “to be declared righteous by means of law” (Ga 5:2-4). While still making profession of faith in God’s Word, apostates may forsake his service by treating lightly the preaching and teaching work that he assigned to followers of Jesus Christ. (Lu 6:46; Mt 24:14; 28:19, 20) They may also claim to serve God but reject his representatives, his visible organization, and then turn to ‘beating’ their former associates to hinder their work. (Jude 8, 11; Nu 16:19-21; Mt 24:45-51) Apostates often seek to make others their followers. (Ac 20:30; 2Pe 2:1, 3) Such ones willfully abandoning the Christian congregation thereby become part of the “antichrist.” (1Jo 2:18, 19) As with the apostate Israelites, destruction is likewise foretold for apostates from the Christian congregation.—2Pe 2:1; Heb 6:4-8"

<<<End Quote>>>

Take care,

Sister T

JW.org

Free Home Bible Study:
https://www.jw.org/en/free-bible-study/

QUESTION: Hello again Sister, Thank you for your response to my concerns. First off, let me answer you,and say "yes,I did have Bible studies with our are area Witnesses". As I mentioned before, I found them to be lovely people. I did have my reservations on some things that they believed, and just felt I could not committ fully with that doubt in my head and heart. I am saddened to say this, sister, but your answer was disheartening to me. I mean no disrespect to you, whatsoever, but you more or less "justified" the bad behavior of these Witnesses by agreeing and joining in on the "attack" of Mr. Holland. He may not be your most favorite person, but if he is on this site and not the critics site (as seems to be the main sticking point), isn't that left to the discretion of the site owners? Is Mr. Holland (or any other non Witness) breaking any site rules? If not, then they have a right to be here. People can read freely read the experts bios, and choose whomever they wish to ask a question. Is that not correct? Maybe you should contact the site owners if this against site rules. Everyone is entitled to their viewpoint or opinion. Everyone is entitled to hear that viewpoint or opinion. It is left up to the individual as to whether they accept or not accept what has been presented to them. If Mr. Holland or any non witness makes a statement on this site (or anywhere)you feel is in error or contrast to your viewpoint or opinion, how is that different than what they feel about what you said? I agree with you that everything would be more peaceful if there is only one point of view, but is that really reality? Remember,sister, if you truly have the truth, it should matter not what another says. Lashing out in hatred at another (for whatever reason) is unacceptable. Thank you kindly.

ANSWER: Hello Jeanie,

Thank you for writing and airing your opinions.  As I mentioned before you have a right to them.

Let's see what God's word the Bible has to say about ones who feel that it's OK to stop or hinder someone from learning the truth about Jehovah God. As that is the reason for being on here if you are not a real JW is to mislead and hinder ones who come here to ask real JW's questions.

Now Jeanie, having a different opinion has nothing to do with signing up as a JW expert to deceive, mislead, spew false beliefs, and turn people away from the faith.   Many people write in and have a different opinion.  So that argument doesn't really fit the situation that is going on here with the deception of signing on as a JW expert when you are not a true JW but rather a critic/opposer/apostate.

Let's read a similar instance in the Bible:

Acts. 13:6,7 "When they had gone through the whole island as far as Pa′phos, they met up with a Jewish man named Bar-Je′sus, who was a sorcerer and a false prophet. 7  He was with the proconsul Sergius Paulus, an intelligent man. Calling Bar′na·bas and Saul to him, this man was eager to hear the word of God.

Here we see that this false prophet is with a man who is eager to hear the word of God.  He called Barnabas and Saul (Paul) to him wanting to learn.  Just as people come on this site and ask questions expecting to hear from a true JW, if they did not want to know what JW's had to say about certain things, they would not come to this site and ask questions.  

Let's continue reading:

Acts 13:8 "But El′y·mas the sorcerer (for that is how his name is translated) began opposing them, trying to turn the proconsul away from the faith."

But we see this man Elymas, a false prophet, began opposing Paul and Barnabas, trying to turn him away from the faith.  Same as we see being done on this site, as ones are trying to turn people away from the faith!

Let's continue:

Acts 13:9-10 "Then Saul, also called Paul, becoming filled with holy spirit, looked at him intently 10  and said: “O man full of every sort of fraud and every sort of villainy, you son of the Devil, you enemy of everything righteous, will you not quit distorting the right ways of Jehovah?"

So we can see Paul, after becoming filled with holy spirit, which by the way is from God, looked at him intently and called him out on what he was doing and saying.  Paul said he was full of every sort of fraud, villainy, and a son of the Devil, an enemy of everything righteous.  He asked him WILL YOU NOT QUIT DISTORTING THE RIGHT WAYS OF JEHOVAH?

Did Jehovah God feel that Paul had bad behavior and was attacking this opposer because he had a different view or opinion? They were in public and the man could decide for himself whether he wanted to accept or not accept what Paul had to say. Well was God OK with this person distorting His right ways, as we see being done on this site by opposers.

Let's read and see:

Acts 13:11 "Look! Jehovah’s hand is upon you, and you will be blind, not seeing the sunlight for a time.” Instantly a thick mist and darkness fell on him, and he went around trying to find someone to lead him by the hand"

As we can see from this Scripture, Jehovah was not OK with the opposer trying to prevent someone from learning about Paul's faith, which is our faith.  In fact it was so displeasing that Jehovah provided Holy Spirit to Paul who then temporarily blinded this man for his trying to hinder someone from the faith with his opposing views and opinions.

This scripture is in the Bible for a reason, and it shows that we are in our rights morally on this site as it is a site for questions to Jehovah's Witnesses to refute ANY AND ALL who come on here and spew their false teachings and beliefs.  That especially goes for morally dishonest ones who sign up as JW experts when they are in fact critics and opposers!

Also, if we go on the Critics page or another page and someone complains to AllExperts, they will remove the JW.  But when it comes to critics being on this page AllExperts will not remove the person even if they are complained about.  Why?  BIBLE PROPHECY!  

This world is ruled by Satan the Devil (2 Cor. 4:4; 1 John 5:19) and JW's are hated just as Jesus said they would be. (John 15:18-20,25; Matt 10:22,25; 2 Timothy 3:12) And until our God Jehovah steps in and removes Satan and his devices, then we have to deal with hostility and hatred, such as happens on this site and the world over.  

Another example in the Bible regarding moral dishonesty and how God views such ones who do such.

Acts 5:1-5 "However, a man named An·a·ni′as, together with his wife Sap·phi′ra, sold some property. 2  But he secretly held back some of the price, with his wife’s knowledge, and he brought just a part of it and deposited it at the feet of the apostles. 3  But Peter said: “An·a·ni′as, why has Satan emboldened you to lie to the holy spirit and secretly hold back some of the price of the field? 4  As long as it remained with you, did it not remain yours? And after it was sold, was it not in your control? Why have you thought up such a deed as this in your heart? You have lied, not to men, but to God.” 5  On hearing these words, An·a·ni′as collapsed and died. And great fear came over all those who heard about it."

So here we see that this couple sold some property, but they secretly held back some of the money and only brought a part of it to the apostles.  Well Jehovah let it be known to Peter that is what they did, and Peter asked him why did he let Satan embolden him to lie.

The field belonged to the couple, when they sold it, the money was theirs, they could have just as easily said, well we'll going to keep this amount and give the rest to them, or we're keeping it all.  No, they were deceptive and made it seem like the money they gave was the entire amount of the cost.  And they were told that they lied, not to men, but to God.  And the man fell down dead!  

Do you see the moral deception here?  They broke no rules by not giving all the money, they broke no rules by selling their property.  But because of them being morally deceptive they in fact were liars to God!!  

Now let's see what happens to the wife of this morally deceptive man, because she knew about it:

Acts 5:7-1 "Now after an interval of about three hours his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. 8  Peter said to her: “Tell me, did you two sell the field for so much?” She said: “Yes, for that amount.” 9  So Peter said to her: “Why did you two agree to make a test of the spirit of Jehovah? Look! The feet of those who buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out.” 10  Instantly she collapsed at his feet and died. When the young men came in, they found her dead and they carried her out and buried her alongside her husband."

The Bible helps us to see that God does not condone or feel that it's OK to be morally deceptive and dishonest, in fact it cost them their very lives!!  

The Bible helps us to see that trying to turn people away from the faith is not OK according to God.  

THEREFORE, ANYONE WHO IS SIGNED UP AS A JW EXPERT AND IS NOT A TRUE JEHOVAH'S WITNESS IS BEING MORALLY DECEPTIVE AND DISHONEST NOT JUST IN OUR EYES BUT IN GOD'S EYES!

You said there were things that you had doubts about or didn't believe, care to go over some of those things, do you believe what the Bible says?  Some times no matter what you show a person from the Bible they refuse to accept it, they want to believe doctrines of men instead of what the Bible says because it may cause them to really look at themselves.  Not saying that is your case, but if you do have legit questions, I'd be happy to try and help you with the answers from the Bible.

Good Day,

Sister T

JW.org

QUESTION: My dear dear sister, you are not understanding what I am saying. This is one of the reasons about the Witnesses that concerned me greatly. They cannot and will not see any other point of view but what they have been taught. No one person or religion on this earth is 100@ accurate in what they believe. Not possible. Simply declaring it, does not make it true. There has to be more respect shown for others and not automatically assume if they differ in what you say they are purposely "misleading" and "deceiving". That thinking is wrong. Maybe what they believe to be true is true to them, just like Jw's believe what is true, is true to them too. One has to have an open mind to really see the truth. Jesus did. There is no moral deception if the true identity of the non witness is clear and made available for someone to see. The reader has the choice. If they want an answer from a Jehovah Witness, they can do so. If they want an answer from a non Witness, they ca do that as well. It matters not where the "expert" is located. That is simply nonsense. Give the readers some credit. It saddens me that you have been taught to hate others because they are not Witnesses. I could never in my heart ever think badly about another and think that ok by God. Never. So, my dear sister, I guess I would not have made a loyal and faithful Jehovah Witness. Take Care, and may you someday think deep down in your soul of souls to fine love and good from all Gods children.

Answer
Hello Jeanie,

Well I'll make this our last conversation on this matter, as it serves no purpose.  You replied back very fast, and you did not mention the fact that God is displeased with this type of behavior from the Bible, that was conveniently ignored, nor did you mention how we are attacked...that seems to be OK with you though.  So your motives are duly noted.

You saying that we are taught to hate others because they are not Witnesses is extreme and incorrect, in fact it is an outright lie!  And why you would spew such a lie, well it's obvious, people can write me under different names and over and over again and try to make up stuff and lie and twist what I say all they want, but it doesn't work.  

But at any rate, if I was taught to hate others I would not be on this category trying to help ones LIVE and NOT die.  You do not know me Ms. Jeanie and for you to come on here and tell me what is in my heart and what I've been taught, which you do not see me spewing hate towards any person, is contemptible to say the least, shame on you!  What a terrible thing to say and with no proof of it, what a bad way to think about another person!  

You know you contradict yourself, you first say you chose me because my responses are sincere and then you turn around and say I hate others who are not JW's.

Then you say regarding yourself: "I could never in my heart ever think badly about another and think that ok by God."  But you just did that exact thing to me!  

You come on here and complain about us defending our faith and how despicable we are, your comments indicate that you think badly about JW's.  What contradictions, what hypocrisy!!  I suggest you take your own advice. Get yourself right with God.  You don't need to worry about what I'm doing.

JW's are taught what Jesus said in the Bible, to love our neighbors and even our enemies. You've never heard me say I hated Mr. Holland I said we don't worship the same God, that he teaches false beliefs and he tries to turn people away from the faith, and I said that is morally deceptive and dishonest. According the Bible it is morally deceptive too, those are not my views, if you want to disregard what the Bible says, then that's between you and your God.  What the Bible says over rides what you or any one else says.   So it's of no consequence really.

Refuting lies about us is what we will continue to do, (this includes rejecting ill willed poorly disguised questions), like it or not...

If you do not want to read about us defending our God Jehovah and the truth that is in the Bible, I suggest you not read on this site as to not be disheartened my dear "Jeanie"  

Have a wonderful day,

Sister T

P.S. And one cannot just become a JW, they have to be drawn by God. (John 6:44)  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T