Jehovah`s Witness/Door2door Test all Spirits!

Hello Brother Derrick.

I was the one that ask you the question ref door to door!
However you were the ONLY one who had a discerning Spirit into what! Was behind the question!
And you were right to have this, if you had the REAL spirit of Christ on your side!
We are told to test ALL Spirits.
1john4v1 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to determine if they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
Is there a False prophet on site! An Angel of light!
I believe there is!
But you were the only one that had the DISCERING Spirit Derrick.

Blessing to you bro Derrick.
Sister S

Good morning, Sister S.  How are you?  Good to hear back from you, and I hope you are well.

You will have to forgive me, but I know we have talked in private here lately about what it means to be born again, but I do not recall getting a question from you about going door-to-door.  Perhaps you used a different name when you sent it, and that is maybe why I am not sure when it was.  Can you tell me which question it was?

At any rate, you are correct that a true born again Christian has the Spirit of Christ.  The Bible says....

Romans 8-10-  "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."

And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you."

And you are correct, that we are to TRY the spirits to see if they are of God.  This is very important, because of some of the actions of certain JWs here.  They can see someone lie right in front of them, but if that person lying claims to be a JW, well then, they are "on Jehovah's side".  This is so ridiculous, not to mention, unscriptural.  

We know if someone is "on Jehovah's side", by comparing their actions with Scripture.  My wife works in banking, and one of the primary ways to tell if a bill is a counterfeit, is to hold it up to the light.  You have probably seen cashiers in stores do this.  By holding the bill up to the light, you can see signs of it being counterfeit.  The same way here....When you hold certain people up to the light of God's Word, it immediately becomes obvious they are counterfeit.  They may CLAIM to honor Jehovah's name, but they actually DISHONOR it by doing things that dishonor Him.

Yes, people should "test the spirits".  The Bible also warns to "Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men's sins: keep thyself pure" , meaning that we shouldn't just make assumptions that someone is of God, without first testing their actions by the Scriptures.  

You ask..."Is there a False prophet on site! An Angel of light! I believe there is!"

I have always taken the approach, when asked, that the average JW is not the false prophet, but rather, that the false prophet is the Watchtower Organization.  I believe that the average JW is simply misled and deceived by the false prophet.

However, when a JW goes out on their own or comes up with weird and strange teachings of their own like some have, then yes, this could certainly be said to be true.

My biggest thing is the blatant lying that goes on.  Consider the LATEST example from the guy who provides us PLENTY of lies on a weekly basis.  He said...

" Derrick Holland would have you believe that he is one of Jehovah's Witnesses but he is not."

Really?  Derrick Holland wants people to believe that he is a JW?  I guess that's why my profile reads....

"To be clear: Jehovahs Witnesses is the religion of my upbringing, though I myself was never baptized into the religion, nor have I ever been considered as a Jehovahs Witness."

And it has said this for quite a long time now.  

I mean, really...How does a person get that dense and dishonest in one lifetime?  Unless they are controlled by demonic spirits?  And not one JW has the guts to call him out on his obvious, and continual lies.  They talk big about the Bible having the final say, and Jehovah being a God of "truth", but then take up for a liar.

Anyway, a Christian just keeps on giving the truth to those who want it, and cannot allow himself to be swayed by those who are led of demons, and who lie and slander.  People only do that when they are desperate.

Well, thanks for writing, Sister S.  If you could refresh my memory as to the question about going door-to-door, I would like to look at it again.

Thanks for writing, and take care.

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland

I was raised in the religion known as Jehovah`s Witnesses for 13 years. Since becoming a born-again Christian, I have researched extensively this religion, especially their doctrines and their history. I can answer questions about their doctrines from the perspective of Biblical Christianity. To be clear: Jehovahs Witnesses is the religion of my upbringing, though I myself was never baptized into the religion, nor have I ever been considered as a Jehovahs Witness.

29 years of Biblical research into the fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith, and how they differ from the teachings of the Watchtower.

I would advise each questioner to this forum, to carefully READ the profiles of the various volunteers. There are several such as myself, who are not practicing JWs, but will provide you with an accurate and honest answer, regarding JW teaching. If we don't know the answer, we will try to research and get it for you. There are also some excellent practicing JWs here, who also endeavor to give you a factual and honest answer, based on their point of view. I believe by getting both points of view, the questioner can weigh the evidence for themselves, and make an informed decision. Unfortunately, there are also 3 here who claim to be JWs, but do NOT give honest, or well-researched answers. They will tell you only what they want you to believe, and they often hide facts about the history of their religion, as well as print untruths about other people's beliefs. This is done in an attempt to deceive the unsuspecting reader. It can be easily seen who these 3 are, simply by reading the public posts and "answers" which they write. Their posts will normally be filled with personal attacks, and if you question them about some teaching or aspect of the Watchtower that makes them uncomfortable, they will often reject your question, question your motives for asking it, tell you that you have been reading "apostate" sites, or turn the conversation into an attack on another expert. These ones are better avoided, as there is nothing to be gained by way of positive discussion, as they are not interested in intelligent conversation, or honest dialogue. If after reading the forum, you still have any questions as to who they are, just ask me, and I will be happy to tell you. And I can also provide documentation of their willful dishonesty. One thing is for a forum where people from both sides claim to be "Christians", there should never be any willful lying. Such ones only create a distraction in the forum, and provide nothing of any real value.

High School, some college. Studies of God's Word, the Bible, and how it compares to JW theology. I have found my own personal study and experiences to be far more valuable than any formal education or training. The Bible message is clear...Salvation is ONLY through and by the shed blood of Jesus Christ, and no religious organization has a thing to do with it. While attendance at a Bible-preaching, Bible-believing church is a must for spiritual growth and fellowship, no church can grant salvation to its members. Nor is joining a particular group a prerequisite for being saved.