Jehovah`s Witness/DW's "Zombie" Blasphemy Against the Risen Savior

Question
In this writing, I am going to deal with the continued blasphemy of DW, regarding his calling Jesus a "zombie", and his lies in claiming that is what Christians believe.  It seems he is now accusing everyone who writes him about the resurrection of Jesus Christ, of believing in a "zombie".

Of course, all of this is merely a diversion from the fact of his slander of his own brethren, his setting himself up as the Judge of who is "genuine" and who isn't, and also, his overall fondness for lying.  

It has already been clearly proven and established, that DW cannot provide even one quote for saying that is our belief about the risen Christ.  So, we can conclude that DW thinks it is okay to LIE, reject any request for proof of his lie, and then to go right on telling the lie.  

He also seems to think any request for proof of his comments, is "Spam" questioning.  More and more people are finding their valid questions rejected as "Spam", for daring to ask DW to clarify and validate his own statements.

Quite an interesting week....DW likes making up "zombie" stories, and Rando has become a Southern Baptist.  Who would have ever thought?

Answer
This is from a previous answer, but I thought it would be good to post it by itself.  Let's see if DW will continue his lying about Jesus being a "zombie".  DW obviously does not know what a "zombie" is, but I am confident that intelligent readers will see DW's blasphemy for what it is.

BEGIN:

I wish to address something from DW’s reply to another questioner who called him out, which amounts to nothing short of blasphemy against the Savior, Jesus Christ.  This man, no doubt because of the spirit which is controlling him, mocks and blasphemes the beautiful Bible teaching of our Savior’s resurrection.  I am referring to the following statement from DW, which I will address now, and show it for what it is…

DW….”According to Christendom he's Jesus the Zombie body swapper!!”

Only one other time have I heard a JW use such a blasphemous term to refer to the risen Christ, as a “zombie”.  The other one is an individual called The MadJW, who has been on numerous JW forums, who has even been repudiated by the WT Society itself, as a person who should be avoided.  That is the only other person I have seen call Jesus a “zombie”, in reference to a bodily resurrection.  Now, DW has lowered himself to that, as well.

I wonder if this blasphemer knows that the “zombie Jesus” mockery, is actually, and commonly, utilized by ATHEISTS and haters of Christianity, to ridicule the belief that Jesus rose from the dead?  And here, we have a JW using the same vile argument.  That speaks volumes.

Now, perhaps DW would benefit if we would DEFINE the word “zombie” for him.  In fact, I will give a couple of definitions from various sources….

First definition that popped up on Google…

”1. Originally, a snake-deity of or deriving from West Africa and Haiti.

2.  A soulless corpse said to be revived by witchcraft, esp. in certain African and Caribbean religions.”

From DICTIONARY.COM….

”the body of a dead person given the semblance of life, but mute and will-less, by a supernatural force, usually for some evil purpose.”

MERRIAM-WEBSTER….

”a: the supernatural power that according to voodoo belief may enter into and reanimate a dead body

b: a will-less and speechless human in the West Indies capable only of automatic movement who is held to have died and been supernaturally reanimated”

URBAN DICTIONARY…

“A deceased human being who has partially returned to life due to undeterminable causes. The brain retains base facilities, namely gross motor function. In its near-mindless state, it grasps no remains of emotion, personality, or sensation of pain. In rare cases, some of the reanimated have reflexively preformed routine activities from their past lives.

The rotting bodies of the undead operate on a fraction of the level at which our bodies normally function. Circulatory, respiratory, and digestive systems are unaffected by reanimation. Labored breathing, choking, and moaning are reflexive but no oxygen is carried through the blood. The nervous system functions primarily within the brain and brain stem. Sensory reception is minimal at best and seemingly unecessary in the pursuit of prey. The undead are incapable of fatigue and will persist at any cost. They will even crawl when their legs have been removed. Even if the head is removed from the body, it will continue to live. The only way to stop the reanimated is to destroy the brain. To prevent reanimation in the recently departed, decapitate the corpse and burn the body.

The only observable action a zombie takes part in is killing living creatures, especially humans, and eating them.”

Well, the above definitions should suffice, and show us a couple of things.  First, that DW does not know what a zombie is, and that he would dare to make a mockery of the Lord Jesus Christ’s bodily resurrection, a Bible teaching.

Now, let us look at the above definitions of “zombie”, and see if Jesus bears any resemblance to them….

Starting with the first one, we can dismiss it because Jesus obviously was not a snake deity from W. Africa or Haiti .  Nor was He a soulless corpse, revived by witchcraft, in the Caribbean or Africa.

Rather, He was raised by God’s own power, and lives to die no more.  Romans 14:9 DOES say that Jesus “revived”, however…

“For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.”

But He didn’t “revive” through witchcraft, but by the power of God, and He is the Lord of the dead and the living as a result.  

Quite different than the picture that DW portrays.

Now, on to the next definition from DICTIONARY.COM….Jesus was not given the “semblance” of life .  He WAS and IS alive.  Nor was He “mute and willless” …No, He spoke quite clearly after His resurrection, and made His WILL quite clear for us, as well.

Do zombies speak, DW?

Nor was His resurrection for some “evil purpose” .  Rather, it is His victory over death that gives salvation to all who come to Him in faith.  I’d call that a very GOOD purpose.

So again, DW’s comparison fails miserably.

Now, let’s look at MERRIAM-WEBSTER….Well, we can safely conclude that Jesus’ resurrection had nothing to do with voodoo, nor was His body “reanimated” .  In fact, that is the simple definition of “zombie” a reanimated corpse.

Of course, it goes right over DW’s head, that a zombie is STILL DEAD, but is merely reanimated by supernatural means.  To help him further, let us now define the word “corpse” for him…

Corpse….”a dead body”.

Did you get that, DW?  Let’s define it again…"A DEAD BODY" .

I don't think he gets it yet.  Once more....

"A DEAD BODY"

Now, the very second Jesus’ body rose from the tomb ALIVE, He CEASED to be a corpse!  Since a corpse is a DEAD body, then Jesus would not be a corpse once His body ws alive.  Therefore, since He was no longer a CORPSE, then He could not be a zombie, which IS a “reanimated corpse”.

Really simple to understand.

Now, back to MERRIAM-WEBSTER.  According to this definition, neither was Jesus “willless or speechless” , and was certainly capable of more than “automatic movement” .  In fact, there is every indication that Jesus was able to move about as He saw fit, and without restraint.

Now, the definition from URBAN DICTIONARY was quite long, but had a number of points worth mentioning, to show the foolishness of DW’s blasphemy….

1.  Jesus did not PARTIALLY return to life, due to an undetermined cause .  No, He rose to live forever as King of Kings and Lord of Lords, and the cause was, He was raised bodily by the power of God.

2.  He was not mindless , He had emotion, and personality.  He spoke, showed compassion and forgiveness (not a trait normally associated with zombies), and displayed knowledge of what was going on around Him.

3.  Nor was His body “rotting” , and it functioned on a much HIGHER level than previously before, which is the opposite of the traits of a zombie.

4.  Unlike zombies, a blow to the head or to the brain, would not kill the resurrected Christ.  It would not affect Him in the least.

The body of a zombie can be killed again, but the resurrected and glorified body of Jesus Christ, cannot.

2 Corinthians 13:4-  “For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you.”

Heb. 7:25-  “Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.”

Rev. 1:18-  “I [am] he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore”

5.  Nor did the resurrected Jesus kill anybody or anything, and never did He once attempt to eat a human being, which ALL fictional zombies do.

Furthermore, Jesus’ resurrected body did not continue the process of decay.  In fact, His resurrected body was INCORRUPTIBLE.

No, Jesus is not a zombie. Jesus was resurrected, not just reanimated. In no sense is Jesus still dead. He is perfectly and eternally alive.

END:

DW, why do you lie, and blaspheme the Savior Who shed His blood for you, and rose again bodily, that you might be saved?

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland