Jehovah`s Witness/A question in regard to something I read by Rev Darryl Murphy in a message he sent to Derrick Holland

Abdijah wrote at 2013-11-14 17:55:46
Hi Henry.

Brenton gave you an excellent detailed answer. I would simply like to add a couple of simple points to try to "bring it home" as it were in regard to your last questions:

"So my questions is Jesus the Jehovah of the Old Testament?  Is Jehovah just a title?  Does it mean the EXISTING ONE?"

Jesus cannot be Jehovah for the reason's Brenton already gave you, but in addition, take note of these couple of passages from the KJV:

"And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David." - Luke 1:31, 32.

So Jesus was the "Son of the Highest." Who is the Highest? Psalm 83:18 answers:

"That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth."

So it is impossible for Jesus to be Jehovah.

And is Jehovah simply a title? No, it is has name as is testified to by the KJV in both Exodus 6:3 and Psalm 83:18 of the KJV.

Also in the original Hebrew, as rendered in the NWT, we read in Exodus 3:15:

"Then God said once more to Moses: “This is what you are to say to the Israelites, ‘Jehovah the God of your forefathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever, and this is how I am to be remembered from generation to generation."

And again we read, in Isaiah 42:8: "I am Jehovah. That is my

name...."

I prefer the simple approach, because it is easier for me to understand, and therefore to explain to others.

Jehovah`s Witness

Brenton Hepburn