Jehovah`s Witness/Galatians 5:19

What is it to be brazen and should Jehovah's witnesses get dis-fellowshiped for it?

In the newly revised edition of the New World Translation Galatians 5:19 lists the works of the flesh as "sexual immorality, uncleanness, brazen conduct, idolatry," etc.

Formerly the NWT used the words "fornication" instead of "sexual immorality" and "loose conduct" instead of "brazen conduct."

The NWT glossary states concerning the meaning of the Greek word : From the Greek a∑sel′gei∑a, a phrase pertaining to acts that are serious violations of Godís laws and that reflect a brazen or boldly contemptuous attitude; a spirit that betrays disrespect or even contempt for authority, laws, and standards. The expression does not refer to wrong conduct of a minor nature.​ó

Given the definition of the Greek word it appears that "brazen conduct" more accurately reflects the meaning, rather then "loose conduct."

Ought "brazen conduct" be grounds for being disfellowshipped? Absolutely! If one is not repentant.  

Jehovah`s Witness

Robert King

I can answer general Bible questions or questions regarding the teachings of the Watchtower Society, and questions and issues among Jehovah's Witnesses. Special interest is in Bible prophecy and the return of Christ.

Have been a pioneer minister of Jehovah's Witnesses during the 80's and an appointed elder for about 10 years. Also, I was an approved "expert" on All Experts some years ago, but could not keep up with the questions. I was disfellowshipped for exposing the Watchtower's 10-year partnership with the United Nations and for publishing the book Jehovah Himself Has Become King.

The Jerusalem above

Self published a 500+ page book called Jehovah Himself Has Become King, which is an in-depth exploration of Bible prophecy.

Always a pupil, always a teacher