Jehovah`s Witness/Jesus Is Not God

Question
Hi Eddie, I've decided I would like you to respond to this issue. It's important. So please reconcile the following verses of Scripture copied from the NWT.

Isa 7:14 - Therefore Jehovah himself will give ​YOU​ men a sign: Look! The maiden herself will actually become pregnant, and she is giving birth to a son, and she will certainly call his name Im‧man′u‧el.

Isa 9:6 - For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, MIGHTY GOD, ETERNAL FATHER, Prince of Peace

Compare with:

Mt 1:23 - Look! The virgin will become pregnant and will give birth to a son, and they will call his name Im‧man′u‧el,” which means, when translated, “WITH US IS GOD.” (not "A" god)
_________________

Ex 20:8-10 - “Remembering the sabbath day to hold it sacred,9you are to render service and you must do all your work six days.10But the seventh day is a sabbath to Jehovah your God. You must not do any work, you nor your son nor your daughter, your slave man nor your slave girl nor your domestic animal nor your alien resident who is inside your gates.

Compare with:

Mk 2:28 - hence the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath

__________________

Hos 13:4 - “But I am Jehovah your God from the land of Egypt, and there was NO GOD EXCEPT ME that you used to know; AND THERE WAS NO SAVIOR BUT I."

Compare with:

Isa 9:6 - ....And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, MIGHTY GOD, ETERNAL FATHER, Prince of Peace

Lk 2:11 - because there was born to ​YOU​ today A SAVIOR, who is Christ [the] Lord, in David’s city.

Jn 4:42 - and they began to say to the woman: “We do not believe any longer on account of your talk; for we have heard for ourselves and we know that this man is for a certainty THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD.”

Jn 20:27-29 - Next he said to Thomas: “Put your finger here, and see my hands*, and take your hand and stick it into my side, and stop being unbelieving but become believing.”28In answer Thomas said to him: “MY LORD AND MY GOD!"

*not wrists
__________________

Rom 8:9 ("God" and "Jesus" used interchangeably) - However, ​YOU​ are in harmony, not with the flesh, but with the spirit, if God’s spirit truly dwells in ​YOU. But if anyone does not have Christ’s spirit, this one does not belong to him.

Jn 10:20 - "I and the Father are one."

Mk 2:5-7 - And when Jesus saw their faith he said to the paralytic: “Child, your sins are forgiven.” Now there were some of the scribes there, sitting and reasoning in their hearts:7“Why is this man talking in this manner? He is blaspheming. WHO CAN FORGIVE SINS EXCEPT ONE, GOD?

Answer
Hi Ron,

I thought I already responded to these. I guess it did not posted.

Anyway, I'll re-post it and update to add more info.

You said:

"Since you still haven't answered my questions on the "Jesus is not God" issue, I'm re-posting them here:

I want to list a few verses of scripture from the NWT for you to compare and reconcile:

Compare with:

My Answer: You're mistaken. The Scriptures you cited above DOESN'T prove for even a single moment that Jesus is GOD, that is, the Almighty GOD, if that's what you meant.

Consider the original object of the prophecy at Isaiah 7. In context here's what it said:

“. . .‘This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said: “It will not stand, neither will it take place. 8 For the head of Syria is Damascus, and the head of Damascus is Re′zin; and within just sixty-five years E′phra·im will be shattered to pieces so as not to be a people. 9 And the head of E′phra·im is Sa·mar′i·a, and the head of Sa·mar′i·a is the son of Rem·a·li′ah. Unless YOU people have faith, YOU will in that case not be of long duration.”’” 10 And Jehovah went on speaking some more to A′haz, saying: 11 “Ask for yourself a sign from Jehovah your God, making it as deep as She′ol or making it high as the upper regions.” 12 But A′haz said: “I shall not ask, neither shall I put Jehovah to the test.”” (Isaiah 7:7-12)

“13 And he proceeded to say: “Listen, please, O house of David. Is it such a little thing for YOU to tire out men, that YOU should also tire out my God? 14 Therefore Jehovah himself will give YOU men a sign: Look! The maiden herself will actually become pregnant, and she is giving birth to a son, and she will certainly call his name Im·man′u·el. 15 Butter and honey he will eat by the time that he knows how to reject the bad and choose the good. 16 For before the boy will know how to reject the bad and choose the good, the ground of whose two kings you are feeling a sickening dread will be left entirely. 17 Jehovah will bring against you and against your people and against the house of your father days such as have not come since the day of E′phra·im’s turning away from alongside Judah, namely, the king of As·syr′i·a.” (Isaiah 7:13-17)

Since this prophecy was FIRST FULFILLED in Isaiah's day, did it mean then that GOD was PHYSICALLY with them when IMMANUEL was born?

Of course NOT, so what does the IMMANUEL mean then in Isaiah's day?

Simple - the birth of this "son/boy" will SERVE as a SIGN from God that He is with them (the Jews) when Syria finally attacks Judah. Thus they have nothing to fear -if they truly will PUT their complete trust on Him (Jehovah God).

Noticed the preceding verses:

“Now it came about in the days of A′haz the son of Jo′tham the son of Uz·zi′ah, the king of Judah, that Re′zin the king of Syria and Pe′kah the son of Rem·a·li′ah, the king of Israel, came up to Jerusalem for war against it, and he proved unable to war against it. 2 And a report was made to the house of David, saying: “Syria has leaned upon E′phra·im.” And his heart and the heart of his people began to quiver, like the quivering of the trees of the forest because of a wind. 3 And Jehovah proceeded to say to Isaiah: “Go out, please, to meet A′haz, you and She′ar-ja′shub your son, to the end of the conduit of the upper pool by the highway of the laundryman’s field. 4 And you must say to him, ‘Watch yourself and keep undisturbed. Do not be afraid, and do not let your heart itself be timid because of the two tail ends of these smoking logs, because of the hot anger of Re′zin and Syria and the son of Rem·a·li′ah, 5 for the reason that Syria [with] E′phra·im and the son of Rem·a·li′ah has advised what is bad against you, saying: 6 “Let us go up against Judah and tear it apart and by breakthroughs take it for ourselves; and let us make another king reign inside it, the son of Tab′e·el.”” (Isaiah 7:1-6)

The SECOND FULFILLMENT of the prophecy - that God will TURN His ATTENTION to the Jews (to be with them) is when Jesus was BORN.

As indicated here:

Mt 1:23 - Look! The virgin will become pregnant and will give birth to a son, and they will call his name Im‧man′u‧el,” which means, when translated, “WITH US IS GOD.”

In fact Jesus confirmed this very fact when he instructed his disciples the following:

“5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, giving them these orders: “Do not go off into the road of the nations, and do not enter into a Sa·mar′i·tan city; 6 but, instead, go continually to the lost sheep of the house of Israel . 7 As YOU go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of the heavens has drawn near.’ 8 Cure sick people, raise up dead persons, make lepers clean, expel demons. YOU received free, give free. 9. . .” (Matthew 10:5-9)

That is, search for the "lost sheep" first the Jewish Nation, afterwards the Gentiles.

The OTHER fact that shows Jesus is not GOD the Almighty himself - that is in the flesh - is the fact that he was also given several PROPHETIC names - mentioned here:

“. . .For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.” (Isaiah 9:6)

(Note the use Capital Letters at Isa 9:6 doesn't indicate the Jesus is God the Almighty).

But just to clarify:

Eternal Father:
-- This prophetic name does not indicate or prove that Jesus is the Almighty God or God Himself because  it  was Jehovah his father who granted him the power and authority to give humans the prospect of eternal life in perfection on earth.—Isaiah 9:6.

As the Scripture tells us:

“For just as the Father raises the dead up and makes them alive, so the Son also makes those alive whom he wants to. 22 For the Father judges no one at all, but he has committed all the judging to the Son, 23 in order that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He that does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him.” (John 5:21-23)

“And he has given him authority to do judging, because Son of man he is. 28 Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment. 30 I cannot do a single thing of my own initiative; just as I hear, I judge; and the judgment that I render is righteous, because I seek, not my own will, but the will of him that sent me.” (John 5:27-30)

As the one who was given the AUTHORITY to give life thus Jesus Christs becomes truthfully the father of the resurrected ones and to all those who were saved by his shed blood.

As the Scripture tells us:
“It is even so written: “The first man Adam became a living soul.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.” (1 Corinthians 15:45)

“So, then, as through one trespass the result to men of all sorts was condemnation, likewise also through one act of justification the result to men of all sorts is a declaring of them righteous for life.” (Romans 5:18)

Prince of Peace:
-- As the Ruler of God’s Kingdom, Jesus will establish on earth a peace that will be global and will never end.—Isaiah 9:6.

As the scripture tells us:

“. . .To the abundance of the princely rule and to peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David and upon his kingdom in order to establish it firmly and to sustain it by means of justice and by means of righteousness, from now on and to time indefinite. The very zeal of Jehovah of armies will do this.” (Isaiah 9:7)

“8 There were also in that same country shepherds living out of doors and keeping watches in the night over their flocks. 9 And suddenly Jehovah’s angel stood by them, and Jehovah’s glory gleamed around them, and they became very fearful. 10 But the angel said to them: “Have no fear, for, look! I am declaring to YOU good news of a great joy that all the people will have, 11 because there was born to YOU today a Savior, who is Christ [the] Lord, in David’s city. 12 And this is a sign for YOU: YOU will find an infant bound in cloth bands and lying in a manger.” 13 And suddenly there came to be with the angel a multitude of the heavenly army, praising God and saying: 14 “Glory in the heights above to God, and upon earth peace among men of goodwill.”” (Luke 2:8-14)

Wonderful Counselor:
-- Jesus’ counsel is always practical and perfect. Following it leads to salvation.—Isaiah 9:6

As the scripture tells us:

“Simon Peter answered him: “Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life;” (John 6:68)

"This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus
Christ." -(John 17:3)

Mighty God - as opposed to Almighty God Jehovah. But since men are also refereed to as gods, this separates Jesus as the rest of mankind in that he is mightier that man - hence Mighty God or a mighty one.

As the Scripture tells us:

“Gird your sword upon [your] thigh, O mighty one, [With] your dignity and your splendor.” (Psalm 45:3)

“You also proceeded to make him a little less than godlike ones, And with glory and splendor you then crowned him.” (Psalm 8:5)

““I myself have said, ‘YOU are gods, And all of YOU are sons of the Most High.” (Psalm 82:6)

NEXT....

Compare with:

Again, the verse above doesn't prove for even a moment that Jesus Christ is God Almighty Himself. Just because both Jehovah and his Father a both Lords of the Sabbath means that they are the same person.

But rather, Jesus has the authority to do "works" on the Sabbath day for he is also the Lord of the sabbath.

As the Scripture tells us:

“. . .At that season Jesus went through the grainfields on the sabbath. His disciples got hungry and started to pluck heads of grain and to eat. 2 At seeing this the Pharisees said to him: “Look! Your disciples are doing what it is not lawful to do on the sabbath.” 3 He said to them: “Have YOU not read what David did when he and the men with him got hungry? 4 How he entered into the house of God and they ate the loaves of presentation, something that it was not lawful for him to eat, nor for those with him, but for the priests only? 5 Or, have YOU not read in the Law that on the sabbaths the priests in the temple treat the sabbath as not sacred and continue guiltless? 6 But I tell YOU that something greater than the temple is here. 7 However, if YOU had understood what this means, ‘I want mercy, and not sacrifice,’ YOU would not have condemned the guiltless ones. 8 For Lord of the sabbath is what the Son of man is.”” (Matthew 12:1-8)

“But a certain man was there who had been in his sickness for thirty-eight years. 6 Seeing this man lying down, and being aware that he had already been [sick] a long time, Jesus said to him: “Do you want to become sound in health?” 7 The sick man answered him: “Sir, I do not have a man to put me into the pool when the water is disturbed; but while I am coming another steps down ahead of me.” 8 Jesus said to him: “Get up, pick up your cot and walk.” 9 With that the man immediately became sound in health, and he picked up his cot and began to walk. Now on that day it was a sabbath.” (John 5:5-9)

I'll stop here since the rest of the scripture you cited doesn't prove Jesus is Jehovah God the Almighty.  

Jehovah`s Witness

Eddie G