Jehovah`s Witness/Jesus Rose From The Dead

QUESTION: My question is about Luke 24: 36-43. How would you answer this? Jesus comes to his followers and they think he is a spirit but he explains that he is not a spirit. He shows them his hands and his feet and to have the followers to touch him all over for a spirit has no flesh and bones as He has. And He eats the food that is give to him. A Spirit would not eat food nor could have other touch him all over.

ANSWER: Hello thanks for writing

Angels used to materialize flesh and eat and drink and be touched grappled with etc, long before Jesus came to Earth.

Gen 19 "Now the two angels arrived at Sod′om by evening, and Lot was sitting in the gate of Sod′om.+ When Lot caught sight of them, then he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the earth.+ 2 And he proceeded to say: “Please, now, my lords, turn aside, please, into the house of YOUR servant and stay overnight and have YOUR feet washed.+ Then YOU must get up early and travel on YOUR way.”+ To this they said: “No, but in the public square is where we shall stay overnight.”+ 3 But he was very insistent with them,+ so that they turned aside to him and came into his house. Then he made a feast for them,+ and he baked unfermented cakes,+ and they went to eating"

Gen 32:

24 "Finally Jacob was left by himself. Then a man began to grapple with him until the dawn ascended.+ 25 When he got to see that he had not prevailed over him,+ then he touched the socket of his thigh joint;* and the socket of Jacob’s thigh joint got out of place during his grappling with him"

Now as for Jesus statement here

Luke 24:

39 "See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself; feel+ me and see, because a spirit does not have flesh and bones+ just as YOU behold that I have"

Now when you first read it, it could appear the Jesus is saying he is not a spirit creature. However what you need to to realize is that having hands and feet and flesh and bones does not prove you are not a spirit creature. These here just before this happened where spirit creature's with hands and feet and flesh and bones

Luke 24:

4 "While they were in perplexity over this, look! two men in flashing clothing stood by them"

These where angel's in the form of men. Just like the angel's we saw in the Hebrew scriptures.

So Jesus would be making a pointless statement if he was referring to being a spirit creature.

What he meant was he is not an apparition. That's what spirit means in that verse, Apparition. Like here.

Matt 14:

26 "When they caught sight of him walking on the sea, the disciples were troubled, saying: “It is an apparition"

Jesus gave his body and his blood as a sacrifice for mankind

Luke 22:

19 "Also, he took a loaf,+ gave thanks, broke it, and gave it to them, saying: “This means* my body+ which is to be given in YOUR behalf.+ Keep doing this in remembrance of me.”+ 20 Also, the cup+ in the same way after they had the evening meal, he saying: “This cup means the new covenant+ by virtue of my blood,+ which is to be poured out in YOUR behalf"

He sacrificed both. He isn't "God the Zombie" like Derrick Holland teaches the idea's ridiculous.

Go here for further information

Take Care

QUESTION: John 10:17 says that Jesus laid down His Life And That He Will Take It Up Again.  It is true that Jesus sacrificed His Life For Our Sins Like You Have Mentioned In Luke 22: 18 but This Scripture Says That Jesus Will Take His Like Back Up Again. And He Did That On Sunday Morning The First Day Of The Week.    
People who haver died in Bible Times such as Lazarus in John 11:43-44 came out with a body because if Lazarus was a spirit then he would not have to be unbound and let go.
Now please don't tell me that Jesus rising from the dead and humans rising from the dead like Lazarus is different. They can not be.

Jesus Is The First Fruits Of Them That Slept. I Corinthians 15:20 Therefore His Death and His Rising From The Grave Have To Be In The Same Manner.

ANSWER: Yes Jesus took up his life again,that's right.

But his blood and his body he gave as a sacrifice.

Luke 22:

How do you figure that Life = Body??

I don't know what you can't understand about Luke 22:19. It's actually really simple.

To try and argue that Jesus has to come back like Lazarus without realizing that even according to your beliefs he didn't come back like Lazarus is quite baffling. Lazarus came back flesh and blood. Yet you say Jesus didn't come back flesh and blood just flesh like a zombie!!

Then to try and argue that a resurrection has to be flesh,not even flesh and blood, but just flesh, is catastrophically poor. I mean where does that even come from??

The rules of resurrection are just flesh, you're just making thing's up as you go along.

Where's this scripture that tell's you this rule of resurrection??

Even according to your own belief Jesus resurrection was unique from everyone else's beforehand so why is it so hard to believe that it was unique because he was resurrected to spirit life instead of Zombie life? It make's way more sense.

Rev 1:

5 "and from Jesus Christ, “the Faithful Witness,”+ “The firstborn from the dead"

Just that expression alone "Firstborn from the dead" tell's you it was a unique resurrection to all the resurrection's that had gone before it.

Jesus the mighty spirit creature or Jesus the Zombie??

I know who my King is

Take Care

QUESTION: Well, Then Jesus has lied to his followers in Luke 24:36-43 when He told them That He was NOT A SPIRIT. Jesus told them His Body was FLESH AND BONES.

I don't need to say I've answered this already ,this is public and people can see that, but here's something else for people to read.

You know I've been a witness a long time and spoken to many people and there's always a scripture I think of at times like this

Acts 28:

23 "And he explained the matter to them by bearing thorough witness concerning the kingdom of God+ and by using persuasion with them concerning Jesus from both the law of Moses+ and the Prophets,+ from morning till evening. 24 And some began to believe+ the things said; others would not believe.+"

It wouldn't matter what I said how much reasoning I use ,how logical my argument is, how much persuasion I use, You just will not believe!! It's been that way for men of God since the beginning of time and today is no different.

What more is there to say??

If you want to sit there and be taken in by all the nonsense your pastor teaches you from the pulpit then I can do nothing about that. I can just proclaim the word of God and you can either take it or leave it. That's how it is.

As for any one else reading if you are one of those Jehovah is looking to gather to be among his true worshipper's then go here.

There is a bible study form and address to your local congregation on this site also.

Take Care

Jehovah`s Witness

Bro DW

I have many years of experience serving Jehovah . I have known Jehovah a long time and I have known his organization . I have been privileged to see great progress not only in my own personal relationship with my God and Father but within his organization. I am an avid reader of the bible and have been gifted by my Father with the indescribable privilege of being allowed to understand his own word.

The truth is all about scripture and logic. The two go hand in hand . There is not one bible verse that cannot be understood within the realms of human reasoning. Not one!! Why would it?? The bible is God's message to his creation . His creation who he made to understand things in a specific way. God is not stupid or unwise as to leave as a message then allow us to guess what it means or who he is. 1 Tim 2:3This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth" Notice the expression "accurate knowledge".

The bible leaves signs of true christianity there are many. Jehovah's witnesses meet every single sign. One sign is the removal of false teachings that permeated the world soon after the apostles died. Jesus foretold this and he also foretold of the restoration of pure worship in the period known as the last days. The days we are currently living in. Jesus was a master of using illustrations he used an illustration to highlight this point Matt 13: "The Kingdom of the heavens may be likened to a man who sowed fine seed in his field. 25While men were sleeping, his enemy came and oversowed weeds in among the wheat and left. 26When the stalk sprouted and produced fruit, then the weeds also appeared. 27So the slaves of the master of the house came and said to him, ‘Master, did you not sow fine seed in your field? How, then, does it have weeds?’ 28He said to them, ‘An enemy, a man, did this.’ The slaves said to him, ‘Do you want us, then, to go out and collect them?’ 29He said, ‘No, for fear that while collecting the weeds, you uproot the wheat with them. 30Let both grow together until the harvest, and in the harvest season, I will tell the reapers: First collect the weeds and bind them in bundles to burn them up; then gather the wheat into my storehouse" Why did he speak in illustrations? Matt 13:10So the disciples came and said to him: “Why do you speak to them by the use of illustrations?” 11In reply he said: “To you it is granted to understand the sacred secrets of the Kingdom of the heavens, but to them it is not granted" The kingdom of the heavens is full of sacred secrets that Jesus reveals only to his followers. This privilege is open to all who are really willing to submit to God and his Christ in action not just in words. These are the ones God is looking for. Are you really one?? If so I encourage you to let Jehovah's witnesses show you what the Bible really teaches.

False religion is disgusting to God and to his true worshippers it is likened in the Bible to a harlot Rev 17:"I will show you the judgment upon the great harlot who sits on many waters, 2with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, whereas those who inhabit the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication" Whereas the bride of Christ is likened to a virgin Rev 14: 4"These are the ones who did not defile themselves with women; in fact, they are virgins" These are both used as spiritual terms here and show the importance of pure and clean worship for God's people.