Jehovah`s Witness/Praying in Jesus' name

Question
When using Jesus name -

Is he our mediator for all our prayers to Jehovah?

Do we use his name for all our prayers like when thanking Jehovah vs making a request?

Yes to the first question would answer the second of course.

Answer
Jesus is the mediator of a new covenant. The new covenant is between God and those are anointed as members of the body of Christ. The purpose of Jesus' mediation is so that they may be declared righteous - perfect, really; so that upon their deaths they maybe resurrected into heaven to become part of the new creation of immortals.

The book of Revelation reveals that ultimately God will receive 144,000 immortals into his realm.

Of course, Jehovah's Witnesses, realize that God's purpose involves redeeming virtually all of mankind and rehabilitating them during the 1,000 year reign, as well as saving a great crowd of persons through the world-ending war of Armageddon. Although none of them are anointed and hence, not in a binding covenant with God, they nonetheless benefit from Christ's ransom.

Ultimately, every knee will bend to Jesus - even the angels. So, yes, whether a person is anointed or not it is still our privilege to pray to God and ask for favor in Jesus' name.

Here is an article on the topic entitled A New Covenant for a New Creation  

Jehovah`s Witness

Robert King