Jehovah`s Witness/Just suppose

If Jesus had lived out his ministry 40 years ago in the US, and was sentenced to death just the same. Depending on which state he was executed in, he would have been, shot, hanged, gassed, electrocuted, or overdosed.

Therefor, in the few hundred years following his death, the symbol of Christianity would be one of the following. A rifle, hangman's noose, gas chamber, electric chair, or syringe.

Which would you prefer?

Good morning, Bill.  Well, I believe this is the first time I have heard from you, since you came on here and completely embarrassed yourself a few months back, falsely accusing me again of "removing" a follow-up button, and then not having the Christian decency to even apologize for your 3rd such false accusation.  I also recall that being the post where you claimed to have been a student of Arnold Murray for over 2 years, claiming to have learned a lot from him, yet then proceeding to show that you don't even have the first clue what the man teaches.  And if my memory is correct, you also ended that correspondence with some weird claim that I had said Mr. Murray had "God-given insight" or something like that, when I actually had said he was a false teacher.

And then, you mixed in a few lies (in typical JW fashion), just to round out the correspondence.  You claimed I would not "let it post", which I did, and thoroughly embarrassed you for writing your nonsense.

As I recall, you disappeared right after that embarrassing episode.

But now you are back, with yet another attempt to start trouble, with probably your silliest question ever.

You asked..."Therefor, in the few hundred years following his death, the symbol of Christianity would be one of the following. A rifle, hangman's noose, gas chamber, electric chair, or syringe.

Which would you prefer?"

None of them...Don't you know the Scriptures, Bill?  The BIGGEST thing about the death of Christ on the cross, and the thing that causes it to have any benefit to us, is that His BLOOD was spilled as an atonement for our sins.  None of the above methods of execution that you mentioned above, would have profited mankind in the slightest, because none of them involve Him shedding His blood.  I guess you could argue that getting shot would involve some bleeding, but you get the point....His death HAD to be what it was, for it to profit us.

Bill, are you just not aware of the Scripture that makes this clear?

Hebrews 9:20-22-  "Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you.

Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry.

And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

I am perplexed that someone who claims to know the "truth", would not know this simple fact, and therefore make such a foolish comparison about Jesus being executed by lethal injection, an electric chair, or a hangman's noose.  

What are they teaching you out there, anyway?  Like I said before...studying after Arnold for 2 years, explains a great deal about what we see from you, every time you write.

If this was some attempt to help Eddie out of his dilemma, it failed.  I am surprised you would ask a question like this.  

Nor is it about what "I prefer".  You see, Bill....I don't get to choose the manner in which my Savior died.  But neither do you, and neither does Eddie.  Now, what this boils down to, is that Eddie wants the reading audience to think that the BIG AND IMPORTANT thing, is the placement of Jesus' hands at His crucifixion.  Man, talk about being duped by the devil, into ignoring what really matters, and focusing on the minors....So, it isn't about what Jesus' blood means for us, huh?  Its about where His hands were placed when He died?

And by the way, ALL the evidence thus far, has been on our side...not yours.  

Now Bill, I have had quite a few experiences with you, and you do not ask questions of substance or value.  You are simply a trouble-maker, who likes to stir up trouble.  The Scripture speaks of people like you....

Proverbs 13:16-  “Every prudent man dealeth with knowledge: but a fool layeth open his folly.”

Proverbs 17:7-  “Excellent speech becometh not a fool: much less do lying lips a prince.

Proverbs 18:2-  “A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself.”

Proverbs 20:3-  “It is an honour for a man to cease from strife: but every fool will be meddling.”

Proverbs 26:21-  “As coals are to burning coals, and wood to fire; so is a contentious man to kindle strife.”

Proverbs 29:22-  “An angry man stirreth up strife, and a furious man aboundeth in transgression.”

For the reasons listed above, I have no desire to have pointless dialogue with a trouble-maker.  I have outlined the terms with which I will converse with you, and my terms were simple..."Act like a Christian".  But that is too much for you.  

So, I simply do not wish to waste my time with your nonsense.  In the future, kindly direct your writings elsewhere, as you will no longer have my profile as a platform for your attempts to stir up trouble.

Good day, Bill.

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland

I was raised in the religion known as Jehovah`s Witnesses for 13 years. Since becoming a born-again Christian, I have researched extensively this religion, especially their doctrines and their history. I can answer questions about their doctrines from the perspective of Biblical Christianity. To be clear: Jehovahs Witnesses is the religion of my upbringing, though I myself was never baptized into the religion, nor have I ever been considered as a Jehovahs Witness.

29 years of Biblical research into the fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith, and how they differ from the teachings of the Watchtower.

I would advise each questioner to this forum, to carefully READ the profiles of the various volunteers. There are several such as myself, who are not practicing JWs, but will provide you with an accurate and honest answer, regarding JW teaching. If we don't know the answer, we will try to research and get it for you. There are also some excellent practicing JWs here, who also endeavor to give you a factual and honest answer, based on their point of view. I believe by getting both points of view, the questioner can weigh the evidence for themselves, and make an informed decision. Unfortunately, there are also 3 here who claim to be JWs, but do NOT give honest, or well-researched answers. They will tell you only what they want you to believe, and they often hide facts about the history of their religion, as well as print untruths about other people's beliefs. This is done in an attempt to deceive the unsuspecting reader. It can be easily seen who these 3 are, simply by reading the public posts and "answers" which they write. Their posts will normally be filled with personal attacks, and if you question them about some teaching or aspect of the Watchtower that makes them uncomfortable, they will often reject your question, question your motives for asking it, tell you that you have been reading "apostate" sites, or turn the conversation into an attack on another expert. These ones are better avoided, as there is nothing to be gained by way of positive discussion, as they are not interested in intelligent conversation, or honest dialogue. If after reading the forum, you still have any questions as to who they are, just ask me, and I will be happy to tell you. And I can also provide documentation of their willful dishonesty. One thing is for a forum where people from both sides claim to be "Christians", there should never be any willful lying. Such ones only create a distraction in the forum, and provide nothing of any real value.

High School, some college. Studies of God's Word, the Bible, and how it compares to JW theology. I have found my own personal study and experiences to be far more valuable than any formal education or training. The Bible message is clear...Salvation is ONLY through and by the shed blood of Jesus Christ, and no religious organization has a thing to do with it. While attendance at a Bible-preaching, Bible-believing church is a must for spiritual growth and fellowship, no church can grant salvation to its members. Nor is joining a particular group a prerequisite for being saved.