Jehovah`s Witness/I AM THAT I AM

QUESTION: 'Sister T'

Amazing! The Bible gives this many names for God?  That's a lot, isn't it?  I tried to count them and came up with over 200.

My count from your lists:
MORE NAMES OF GOD--Father, Son, Holy Spirit (over 200 in number).

You labelled & identified the lists as names for and of God, so am I correct in thinking you believe they are all names, descriptions, attributes or characteristics of God?   

ANSWER: Hello Jay,

I believe you have me mixed up with someone who wrote to me who had a list of so called "names" of God.  

God has ONE name and many TITLES.  All those that that person listed were all titles not any personal name or names.

Just like a woman can be a mother, is a daughter, a grand daughter, can be a sister, a grandmother, a wife, an aunt, a niece, a teacher to her children, a protector of her children, a helper, a co worker, a manager at a job, a nurse, a caregiver, the list goes on.

All those describe a person.  But are any of those that person's name? fact you could be describing any of the multitudes of women around the world today.  But until you know the woman's name there is no way of identifying just who is being described here, as no names have been mentioned.

God's name is Jehovah, the Bible says so, so if a person doesn't want to accept that, then it's their choice.  But the Bible is clear and over rides what any people say to the contrary.  Who doesn't want anyone to know God's personal name?  Satan and his minions!!

Exodus 3:15 (ASV)"15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, Jehovah, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

I will not debate with you Jay on what the Bible clearly says you have your opinion and the Bible has God's words, no comparison there.  

Sister T

QUESTION: "Sister T"

I stand corrected.  My sincere apologies to you.  It was a Sister S who posted the lists of the names of/for God.  

Hello Jay,

Thanks for making that correction. That person is not a Jehovah's Witness and clearly from the list there are tons of Titles listed along with descriptions and attributes among other things.  And no where in the Bible does Jehovah say his name is Jesus and vice versa.  Listing Jesus as being God's name is part of the Trinity false teaching.  Here let me explain a few things here, I know you do not believe what I'm about to say Jay, but this is for the readers.

Any person who has some degree of knowledge knows the difference between titles and personal names, and that descriptions and personality attributes are not personal names.  So to list those as names goes contrary to logic, but so does the trinity.  So it's not surprising that ones who believe in the Trinity and ones who do not want to accept what the Bible says will say, God has many names.  When in fact he has just one!

As He is but ONE!  Not three in one.

Deut. 6:4 (ASV) "Hear, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah:"

Ones who say Jesus never said God's name is incorrect, since the Greek Scriptures (NT) had not been written yet, all the scriptures Jesus quoted from were the Hebrew Scriptures (OT) which had Jehovah's name throughout, so to say he never said it, is ludicrous.  Just because people CHOSE to remove God's name does not mean it's no longer HIS NAME and it does not mean it's not his name and it does not mean his name changed and it does not mean he has other names.  

When Jesus was asked a question, he quoted from Deut. 6:4 as is plain from this scripture here:

Mark 12:28,29 (NWT) One of the scribes who had come up and heard them disputing, knowing that he had answered them in a fine way, asked him: “Which commandment is first of all?” 29  Jesus answered: “The first is, ‘Hear, O Israel, Jehovah our God is one Jehovah"

Isaiah 42:8 (ASV) "I am Jehovah, that is my name;..."

Soon all will know that there is no 3 in 1, but just ONE Almighty God whose name is JEHOVAH, just as the Bible says, there are no twists in that ONE, it's as it says.  People who refuse to accept Jehovah as ONE and want him to be 3 in 1 all at the same time, complicate and twist and outright lie about what the Bible clearly says.  It's very simple and soon all will know for a fact that Jehovah is one and his name is one, not many.

Zech. 14:9 (ASV) "And Jehovah shall be King over all the earth: in that day shall Jehovah be one, and his name one."

If the Bible says there are many gods and many lords, then to distinguish these many gods and lords, they have a name.  

1 Cor. 8:5,6  (ASV) "For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or on earth; as there are gods many, and lords many;

6 yet to us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we unto him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and we through him."

The Bible clearly says there is one God the Father, and one Lord Jesus Christ.  And there is no mention here of the holy spirit being a God or even being a Lord.  It's not even mentioned at all in the Bible that Holy Spirit is God or even a god.  

To believe the trinity then that verse at 1 Cor should go like this:  there is one God, the Father, and one God, Jesus Christ, and one God the Holy spirit. BUT IT DOES NOT SAY THAT...

Since this is what is taught by people today, then they are teaching it's not ONE God here, it's 3 Gods, yet the Bible doesn't agree with that.  So it's twisted around to have people believe it's still just one God, because they want people to actually believe that 3 doesn't really equal 3, but in this special case when pertaining to God, 3 actually equals 1.

Even though in most scriptures where people try to prove the Trinity, only 2 are mentioned.  If all 3 are just one Almighty God, then that should be a consistent theme of the Bible, but it's NOT!  That's why people ADDED to the Bible because they could not prove otherwise and so they added in a few places to try to make their lies be in the Bible and in turn, caused their Bibles to be contradictory.  When in fact the Bible does not contradict itself, it's men and their twisted demon inspired corruptions!  Satan's religion is twisted, mystery filled, and illogical, it just makes no sense.  

Satan knows that God is not of disorder (1 Cor. 14:33), and he also knows that God's creations are done with precise precision that would put all genius' of mathematics to shame a million times over.  In God's creations we see His math in action every time we wake up to the sun, every time a rocket is sent to the moon, every time the earth spins and orbits, every time the moon orbits, every time we step down and do not float away because of gravity, every season, every animal migration, we see His supreme equations. And not one of them are illogical. NOT ONE!  Nothing that God has created defies logic.  Yet PEOPLE influenced by Satan want us to believe that God himself defies logic?  Makes no sense.  

Satan tricks so called religious teachers and so forth into believing that God contradicts his creations and his own self by giving us an illogical equation 3 = 1, yet not 3, but 1!  Satan's religion is a fiasco of complete fallacy and absurdity and people fall for that huge lie!  Just like Eve did. (Gen. 3:1-5)

But some people today do not fall for Satan's religions and his illogical equations and made up lies.  Those are Jehovah's Witnesses!

Malachi 3:6 (ASV) " For I, Jehovah, change not;...."

Jehovah here says he does not change.

Heb 6:18 (ASV) "that by two immutable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, ..."

Here we see the Bible says, it's impossible for God to lie.

So for someone to come along and say, Jehovah has many names, list a bunch of titles, then also say his name is Jesus as well, is in fact calling God a liar!!  Jehovah said in the Bible that his name is Jehovah FOREVER!  (Exodus 3:15), not until the Greek Scriptures were written (NT).  Jehovah said in the Bible that he does not change (Mal 3:6) and Jehovah said he cannot lie (Heb 6:18, Titus 1:2)  So these people who teach these things are saying that Jehovah is lying to everyone by actually doing the very opposite of what He said in the Bible? Who else called Jehovah a liar?  Satan!  Jehovah told Adam if he ate of the fruit he would die, (Gen. 2:17)  Satan came along and said the opposite, they would not die. (Gen 3:4) Thus calling God a liar just as he keeps doing today by promoting his false religious views that are opposite to what God says.  And any who go along with that lie of Satan is calling God a liar as well!

That's why we are admonished to get out of false religion.

2 Cor 6:17,18  (NWT) "“‘Therefore, get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says Jehovah, ‘and quit touching the unclean thing’”; “‘and I will take you in.’” 18  “‘And I will become a father to you, and you will become sons and daughters to me,’ says Jehovah, the Almighty.”

Have a good day,

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T

Please click here--> For your Free Home Bible Study

I can answer questions related to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bible. I love learning the truth from the Bible and helping others to learn that truth as well. I don't know everything but will answer from the Bible, I like to use illustrations as well to help a person relate to what is being said. The Bible has the last say so over any person.

I am an active baptized Jehovah's Witness and Jehovah is Almighty God,(Ps. 83:18) and his Son Jesus Christ died so that everyone exercising faith in him may not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16). I support my fellow Witnesses on this board who are real, and Jehovah's worldwide visible organization, including the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. As God is not a God of disorder, and there could not be order if there were not ones to take the lead. Taking the lead and having a leader is not the same, our leader is Jesus Christ, and in order to have unity and order, there has to be arrangements in place. As the first century Christians had, there were men taking the lead, (Acts 6:1-6) as with Moses, (Exodus 18:21) and in our day, in following with Bible truths, we do the same. When people twist that around to us worshiping men, it is just a straight out lie! Why would the Scripture at 1 Tim. 3:1-10, 12, 13 give the criteria for men reaching out for an office of overseer if that was not meant to be? (Phil 1:1, Acts 20:17, 28, Eph. 4:11, 12, 2 Cor. 3:4-6). If we were not supposed to have men who take the lead, why was this scripture penned? James 5:14-15 "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

If you have legit questions and want to know the truth, please ask, but if you are here to spread your lies and twists of the scriptures or get your falsehoods out, you may get rejected! The truth is from the Bible, if what you say does not harmonize with the Bible then what you say is wrong! Context and other scriptures help determine scriptures that may stump us, let scripture interpret scripture. The Bible does not contradict itself, so if what you are being taught or if what you are teaching makes it seem like the Bible is contradictory, remember it's not the Bible it's the man-made teaching! Doctrines of men! Mark 7:6, 7 "He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men." (also Romans 10:2, 3)

Matthew 24:14 says "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." We are doing that today, we are living in times of Bible Prophecy and as a Jehovah's Witness, we have the privilege to be apart of a prophecy spoken by Jesus himself! The good news of the Kingdom. Ask yourself, what kingdom? then read Daniel 2:44! It's a real government. Take heed now! Listening to men over God will mean your life.(Prov 3:5,6, Ps. 146:3) A lie will never become truth, No matter how long or how many people say it or speak it. Learn what the Bible really teaches, seek out Jehovah's ways, serving God in truth is only acceptable to him,(John 4:23, 24) you can not be serving God acceptably if what you believe is a lie! Pray for understanding and ask Jehovah to search your heart and draw you! (John 6:44, 65) Now is the time to be with the people who are called by Jehovah's name! (Acts 15:14, 17, Isa. 43:7, 10, Zech 8:23)