Jehovah`s Witness/1975

Hello do you by chance know the issue of what happened in 1975? Thank you!

Hello, Reg. Yes, I do.

Basically, the Brothers had discerned that 6,000 years since the creation of Adam would have passed about October 1, 1975. (Life Everlasting—in Freedom of the Sons of God .)

It was also discussed that the possibility that this would be an appropriate time for Jehovah to bring an end to this system of things.

As time went on, this was discussed more and more as a probability rather than a possibility, even in some of our publications, although others cautioned against considering that date as definite.

After 1975 had come and gone, the Brothers humbly admitted and apologized for their lack of discretion in this regard.

In its issue of July 15, 1976, The Watchtower , commenting on the inadvisability of setting our sights on a certain date, stated: “If anyone has been disappointed through not following this line of thought, he should now concentrate on adjusting his viewpoint, seeing that it was not the word of God that failed or deceived him and brought disappointment, but that his own understanding was based on wrong premises.” In saying “anyone,” The Watchtower included all disappointed ones of Jehovah’s Witnesses, hence including persons having to do with the publication of the information that contributed to the buildup of hopes centered on that date. — The Watchtower , March 15, 1980, page 17; ¶ 5 & 6: Choosing the Best Way of Life .

The Bible actually indicates that there would be those among Jehovah’s faithful servants who would have premature expectations as to when the end would come when it reminds us that even if it should delay (from our viewpoint) that it will not really be late; it will be right on time. Therefore, it is in our best interest and focus on the future, rather than what may have been expected in the past.

“. . . Even if it should delay, keep in expectation of it; for it will without fail come true. It will not be late!” (Habakkuk 2:3 )

I hope this was helpful to you.

Jehovah`s Witness

I will try to answer any question that can be answered from the Bible. I cannot answer questions about personal experiences someone may have had,as I was not there. Sometimes these are true; sometimes they are not. It is not my place to speak of that of which I have no knowledge.

I have been one of Jehovah's Witnesses since mid-1979. I actually studied for several years before that, and was rather critical. However, while that is not the wisest course, it did give me insight into the thinking of opposers of true worship.

The Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Newspapers published by Gulf Coast Media.

In addition to basic education, and some work-related college level courses, I have been on the Theocratic Ministry School since 1978. I have also attended a number of sessions of the Kingdom Ministry School.

My greatest honor is to be a servant of the Most High God, Jehovah, and a preacher of the Good News of his Kingdom under Christ Jesus.