Jehovah`s Witness/Happy Thanksgiving

Question
I just wanted to take a minute to offer you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving.  Contrary to belief by some on this forum, the origin of this holiday began with people giving thanks to God for their provisions.  So, let us all (JW and non-JW alike) give thanks to God each and every day for what He has provided.  May you and your family be blessed.

Sincerely,
Adam

Answer
Hello Adam, and thank you so much for your writing.  You are absolutely correct about the origin of Thanksgiving, and I for one, use it as a day set aside to remember how good God has been to me and my family.  Yes, every day should be a day of Thanksgiving and rememberance, but that fact in no way means that we should not set aside a particular day for just that purpose.  To be off from work, and gather with family and friends, and count our blessings.  

I know that this past Sunday morning, I woke up and just laid there thinking about my Sunday School message for that morning on a nation being unthankful, and how thankful I was for the blessings I have been given.  I was thinking about how my oldest son was literally less than a minute away from death just after being born, but God intervened.  I was thinking about my battle with stage 4 cancer, almost 15 years ago.  And you have had a miracle in your family, as well, to be so thankful for.  No way to number all the times God has blessed us, is there?  

Thank you so much for writing, and may you and yours also have a very happy, and blessed, Thanksgiving.  God bless!

Derrick

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland