Jehovah`s Witness/Money! There's always a price.

It was the national headquarters for the Jehovah's Witnesses for 30 years.

But the 7.5ha Wattle Downs property has now been sold to Elim Church and could soon house a new Christian college.

Jehovah's Witness minister George Gray says advances in technology mean the property is no longer needed for running the church's New Zealand and South Pacific activities which will now be administered from Australia.

Elim Church bought the property for its growing South Auckland congregation and volunteers helped transform the site in just a matter of days.

Pastor Boyd Ratnaraja says the congregation moved in on a Sunday straight after morning services at their much smaller Weymouth Rd premises.

"They have done a superb job of setting up," he says.

The church will hold services for its 450-strong congregation at its new home as well as running counselling sessions and operating an op shop and a weekly soup kitchen.

"We believe in reaching out to the community. We want this to be a centre of hope. People don't have to be Christians," Mr Ratnaraja says.

The congregation also hopes to build a Christian college on the site, similar to its school in Botany.

Many students from southern suburbs already travel to the Botany junior and senior campuses, Mr Ratnaraja says.

"We'd love to have primary, all the way to secondary. That's our vision."

The church's Bible college will also shift to the Wattle Downs complex in October.

Mr Ratnaraja says it's amazing how easy the sale process was to complete.

"There were a few groups interested in it. We had favour with the Jehovah's Witnesses. They wanted to give it to a faith-based organisation. They put so much love and care into this place. We want to maintain this property. We want to honour them because they were phenomenal."

Elim Church has four campuses in Auckland.

Mr Gray says he wasn't surprised there was plenty of interest in the property.

"We had a large property that was pretty much in pristine condition. We always make sure we take care of our buildings."

The church will maintain a presence in the south at its South Auckland Assembly Hall.

Services at Elim's new home start on Sunday at 9am and 10.45am at 198 Mahia Rd, Wattle Downs.

Hello.  This reply will be short, as I want to get all of your questions addressed this evening, as I know you have been waiting for several days.  I just completed my reply to your Faithful and Discreet Slave writing, and appreciated the points it contained.

As for this situation, I am afraid that I have no knowledge of it, and therefore, cannot comment on it.

I DO find it interesting, that you made this statement, that the JWs said....

""There were a few groups interested in it. We had favour with the Jehovah's Witnesses. They wanted to give it to a faith-based organisation. They put so much love and care into this place. We want to maintain this property. We want to honour them because they were phenomenal."

That is interesting, in light of the fact that JWs believe all other faiths besides THEIRS, are of Satan.  They view any Christian groups with disdain, and do not even view those groups as real "Christians", so this statement intrigued me.  

I will say this....The very Kingdom Hall that I grew up attending, was sold and is now a Baptist church.  One of the main elders in that congregation, lives right next door to it.  All those years, he lived next to his Kingdom Hall, and now he gets to see a Baptist church every time he goes outside.

Anyway, that is about all I can say about this, as I don't have personal knowledge of the situation.

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland

I was raised in the religion known as Jehovah`s Witnesses for 13 years. Since becoming a born-again Christian, I have researched extensively this religion, especially their doctrines and their history. I can answer questions about their doctrines from the perspective of Biblical Christianity. To be clear: Jehovahs Witnesses is the religion of my upbringing, though I myself was never baptized into the religion, nor have I ever been considered as a Jehovahs Witness.

29 years of Biblical research into the fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith, and how they differ from the teachings of the Watchtower.

I would advise each questioner to this forum, to carefully READ the profiles of the various volunteers. There are several such as myself, who are not practicing JWs, but will provide you with an accurate and honest answer, regarding JW teaching. If we don't know the answer, we will try to research and get it for you. There are also some excellent practicing JWs here, who also endeavor to give you a factual and honest answer, based on their point of view. I believe by getting both points of view, the questioner can weigh the evidence for themselves, and make an informed decision. Unfortunately, there are also 3 here who claim to be JWs, but do NOT give honest, or well-researched answers. They will tell you only what they want you to believe, and they often hide facts about the history of their religion, as well as print untruths about other people's beliefs. This is done in an attempt to deceive the unsuspecting reader. It can be easily seen who these 3 are, simply by reading the public posts and "answers" which they write. Their posts will normally be filled with personal attacks, and if you question them about some teaching or aspect of the Watchtower that makes them uncomfortable, they will often reject your question, question your motives for asking it, tell you that you have been reading "apostate" sites, or turn the conversation into an attack on another expert. These ones are better avoided, as there is nothing to be gained by way of positive discussion, as they are not interested in intelligent conversation, or honest dialogue. If after reading the forum, you still have any questions as to who they are, just ask me, and I will be happy to tell you. And I can also provide documentation of their willful dishonesty. One thing is for a forum where people from both sides claim to be "Christians", there should never be any willful lying. Such ones only create a distraction in the forum, and provide nothing of any real value.

High School, some college. Studies of God's Word, the Bible, and how it compares to JW theology. I have found my own personal study and experiences to be far more valuable than any formal education or training. The Bible message is clear...Salvation is ONLY through and by the shed blood of Jesus Christ, and no religious organization has a thing to do with it. While attendance at a Bible-preaching, Bible-believing church is a must for spiritual growth and fellowship, no church can grant salvation to its members. Nor is joining a particular group a prerequisite for being saved.