Jehovah`s Witness/Shocking reading!

Question
Hello.
I was reading this in the watchtower mag Sept 1, 2012. Pages 12-15.
As I read this I was shocked at what I was reading.
The lies that the Mrs  Bacudio told from the very start.
It's things like this that need to be shown so people can draw out the errors.
This woman was NEVER a Christian even in the Pentecostal movement!

I would love to write more to you on this article if I may?
Would that be okay with you?

As I read it, the person EXPOSED herself to what she was really like!
And am not sure if others picked up on this!
This is why we are told not to believe every spirit.
People are deceives of themselfs.

IWAS born in Ilocos Norte, Philippines, While continuing my studies at the
on December 10, 1968, the seventh of ten children. Like most Filipinos, we were brought up as Catholics. I graduated from high school in 1986, and my ambition was to be a nurse. However, because I contracted a severe illness, that dream did not material- ize. In fact, I thought I would die. In my des- peration, I implored God for help and told him that if I recovered, I would serve him all my life.
After a long recovery, I remembered my promise to God. So, in June 1991, I enrolled in a Pentecostal Bible school. The school reg- imen was said to include acquiring “the free gift of the holy spirit.” I wanted to have the power to heal. The school taught us that this could be obtained through fasting and prayers. Once, in my effort to give the im- pression that I had a “gift,” I secretly listened to one of my classmates praying aloud in a corner during a prayer session. When she was about to finish, I quickly went back to where I had been kneeling. Afterward, I told her exactly what she had been asking for in her prayer, and she believed that I now had the “free gift”!
school, I had many questions. For example, Matthew 6:9 speaks of the “Father” and his “name.” I asked such questions as “Who is the Father mentioned by Jesus?” and “Whose name should be sanctified?” My in- structors’ answers were often quite vague and not satisfying. They talked about the Trinity and said that it is a mystery. I found it quite confusing. Despite that, I continued my training to be a pastor.
Exposure to Jehovah’s Witnesses
In Bible school, we were taught that Jeho- vah’s Witnesses promoted the worst kind of false religion. They were also referred to as the antichrist. I developed a revulsion for this religion.
During my second year in the school, I went home to visit my parents during a school break. One of my older sisters, Car- men, heard that I was home and came to vis- it too. She was already a baptized, full-time minister of Jehovah’s Witnesses. When she tried to teach me about God, I responded fu- riously: “I already know the God I am serv- ing!” After loudly insulting her, I pushed her

A Pentecostal evangelist who was said to have the power to heal came to visit. When he touched me, I fell down unconscious, “slain in the spirit.” When I came to, I seemed to have what I wanted—the power to heal. What led me to this experience, and how did it affect my life? Before I tell you about that, let me explain my background.

away and did not give her another opportu- nity to speak to me.
After I returned to the Bible school, Car- men sent me a copy of the brochure Should You Believe in the Trinity?􏰀 I immediately crumpled it up and threw it in the fire. I was still angry with her.
Advancement as a Pastor
As I continued my studies in the Bible school, I was able to make some converts. I was especially proud when my mother and my brother joined me in the Pentecostal reli- gion.
In March 1994, I graduated from the Pen- tecostal Bible school. As mentioned at the outset, a visiting evangelist was present at that time. All of us graduates wanted to be with him because we believed he had the gift of healing. We joined him on the stage, jumping and clapping with him to the beat of a band. Then, each one he touched fell down, “slain in the spirit.”􏰁 When he touched me, I too fell down and lost con- sciousness. When I regained my senses, I was in fear, but I sensed that I now had the power to heal, so I was happy.

When I graduated as a pastor
Soon thereafter, I used this power to heal a child who was very sick with a high fever. When I offered a prayer, the child immedi- ately began to perspire and the fever dis- appeared. At last, I felt that I could fulfill my promise to God. Strangely, though, I felt a
I used this power to heal
a child who was very sick with a high fever
void. Deep inside, I believed that there is only one God, but I did not really know who he is. And I had nagging doubts about many of the doctrines of the church.

Things That Changed My Thinking
After those events, my hostility toward Je- hovah’s Witnesses became even more in- tense. Whenever I found Witness publi- cations, I burned them. Then, something unexpected happened. I was shocked to find that Mother no longer wanted our religion. Carmen had been studying the Bible with her! I was so angry with my sister.
Then I found an Awake! magazine at Mother’s house. Normally I would have burned it. But curious about what she was reading, I flipped through the pages. My eyes fell upon an article about an individual who was a firm believer in what the church taught. However, when he began reading the Witnesses’ publications along with the Bible, he became convinced that the teach- ings of the Trinity, hellfire, and the immor- tality of the soul were unscriptural. My heart was touched. These were the very things I wanted to understand. Starting then, I longed for the time when I would under- stand Bible truth.
After reading another life story in the Awake! magazine about an alcoholic and drug addict who made big changes for the better be- cause of studying the Bi- ble, I began reading more of the Witnesses’ publications. I found a copy of the bro- chure The Divine Name That Will Endure Forever.􏰀 Read- ing that, I learned that God’s name is Jehovah. It made me so happy to learn the truth about the only true God! —Deuteronomy 4:39; Jere- miah 10:10.
I kept reading secretly and
learned many more Bible
truths. For example, in the Pentecostal school, I had been taught that Jesus is God, but I learned from the Bible that he is “the Son of the living God.”—Matthew 16:15, 16.
A Change of Heart
When I saw Carmen again, she was sur- prised when I asked for a personal copy of the brochure The Divine Name That Will En- dure Forever and some other literature. I had spent many years in that Bible school, but I was not taught the truth there; I had been blinded. My heart now overflowed with joy because of the truths I was learning from the Bible. I fully felt the impact of Jesus’ words: “You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (John 8:32) Those truths were beginning to change my life.
Precious studied the Bible with me
So I continued teaching as a pastor, but I avoided the church’s false doctrines.
When I saw my sister Carmen again, she suggested that I attend a meeting of Jeho- vah’s Witnesses. Since I usually reported to our mother church in Laoag City, I se- cretly looked for the Witnesses’ meeting place, the Kingdom Hall, there. I was intro- duced to Alma Preciosa Villarin, nicknamed “Precious,” a full-time minister in that con- gregation. Although I still had negative feelings about the Witnesses,
These truths were beginning to change my life,
I accepted her offer to teach me the Bible.
My sister had been very patient in shar- ing Bible truths with me. Now I saw this same patient spirit in Precious. She helped me so much to understand the Bible, even though I got irritated, tried to argue with her, and sometimes raised my voice, insist- ing on some of the things I had formerly  been taught. The personal interest, humility, and mildness shown by Precious and other Witnesses touched my heart. This moved me to want to worship Jehovah.
In July 1995, I realized that there was no recourse but to leave my position as pastor. Why? Revelation 18:4 speaks of false religion symbolically and says: “Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues.” What about my means of living? Hebrews 13:5 taught me that if we do God’s will, he promises: “I will by no means leave you nor by any means forsake you.”
Though my father and brother now vehe- mently opposed me, two weeks before my baptism as a Witness, I mustered up the courage to go home to burn all the things I had used in my former work as a pastor. After doing so, I realized that any special powers previously given to me were gone. In the past, when I slept, I felt that something was constantly pressing down on me. That feel- ing was gone too. The shadows I used to see at the window of my room never appeared again. My study of the Bible had taught me
With my husband, our daughter, and many of my relatives who have joined us in true worship
that any so-called gifts today, like the power to heal, are not from God but from wicked spirits. I am so happy that I broke free from their influence, just as the servant girl did whom Paul freed from “a demon of divina- tion.”—Acts 16:16-18.
What a joy it was to be side by side with Mother as we presented ourselves for bap- tism as Jehovah’s Witnesses in Septem- ber 1996! After my baptism, I enrolled as a full-time minister of Jehovah’s Witnesses

It made me so happy to learn the truth about the only true God!

and enjoyed many years of serving in that way.
I am now married to my husband, Silver. Together, we are working hard to train our daughter in the way of Bible truth. Some of my other siblings have also joined us in serv- ing Jehovah. Although I regret that for many years I didn’t really know God, I am very happy that now I know the God I worship.

Answer
Hello.  I had to read this one a couple of times, because after reading your other questions, especially your one about the Faithful and Discreet Slave where you did an excellent job of showing the unbiblical nature of that teaching, I at first thought you were writing your OWN testimony here of becoming a JW.  I couldn't make that part compute, until I went back and re-read it.  I think you are now saying that you read this testimony in a WT, written by a Mrs. Bacudio, and that you are saying she is basically lying about her experience.

You wrote..."This woman was NEVER a Christian even in the Pentecostal movement!

Would that be okay with you?

Yes, that would be okay with me.  I do want to request that you please send me one writing at a time, because the fact that you sent me 3 in one day, is partly the reason I was delayed in responding.  I was out of town with my wife, when the initial 3 questions came in on my phone, and I have been unable to address them until now.  So, if we could keep it at one question at a time, that would be much appreciated.

I would definitely be interested in learning more, if you in fact, have proof that this person fabricated their testimony, which appeared in the WT magazine.  And I do prefer to deal in facts, and not hearsay, because I do not wish to stoop to the level of 3 dishonest JWs here on this site, who could care less about facts.

Since I do not know this woman personally, and have never heard of her before, I assume you have information which would validate your statement that she is lying?  If you have evidence that she was never a Pentecostal or a Christian, this would certainly cast doubt on her testimony, and seriously discredit what she wrote.  I have no idea if her story is true or not, but there WERE some little statements in her writing, that sort of cast doubt in my mind about it.  

Like this one..."For example, in the Pentecostal school, I had been taught that Jesus is God, but I learned from the Bible that he is “the Son of the living God.”—Matthew 16:15, 16."

This comment from her, is about like the hogwash that Rando writes on a regular basis....The notion that somehow, born again Christians do not believe Jesus is the "Son of the living God", which we CERTAINLY do.  In fact, we understand the title "Son of God", to be a clear claim to deity.

So, that statement was highly suspect, and attempts to create a false dilemma.  And there were a few others, as well.

But you are welcome to write to me more about this if you wish.  If you have facts, I would like to see them.  I do not wish to post any false information about a person, however.  You are absolutely correct, that we are to "try the spirits", and also the Scripture admonishes us, to "lay hands on no man suddenly".  So, I would be interested in seeing the rest of the story.

Thanks for writing, and have a great day.  

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland