Jehovah`s Witness/Jehovah

Jay wrote at 2013-12-28 21:32:58

In answer to JM's question about Jesus & Michael you stated "...we know from examining the scriptures that Jesus is Michael the Archangel." Did you forget to give those scriptures?

I read 1 Thess 4:16 and it says the Lord Himself is accompanied by three things... a shout, the voice of the archangel and the trump of God.  It doesn't say the Lord is either of the three things mentioned, it says they are with (accompany) him. Doesn't it?  If you are implying that the voice of the archangel means Jesus is the archangel (Michael), then wouldn't you have to apply the same reasoning to the the trump of God meaning Jesus is God?  Read the scripture again.  It doesn't say Jesus is a shout, or the archangel, or the voice of the archangel, or God or the trump of God.  It says he was accompanied by those three things: a shout, the voice of the archangel and the trump of God.  Nothing more.  

I also read Jude 9.  Please explain how "But when Michael the archangel had a difference with the Devil and was disputing about Moses' body, he did not dare to bring a judgment against him in abusive terms, but said: "May Jehovah rebuke you." There is no mention of Jesus in this scripture, so how does examining this scripture show Jesus is Michael the archangel?

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding why you referenced these two scriptures because they say nothing about Jesus being an archangel.  I don't know about JM, who asked the question, but I would like you to go into the subject in more depth.  

Jehovah`s Witness

Carol Massey

I can answer any Bible questions that most people today are wondering about. Why do we suffer and grow old and die? Does God care? What is God`s name. Is there a Trinity? Who is the ruler of this world? What is going to happen to the world? What happens to us when we die? We all have questions from time to time which put doubts in us, but once we have a true understanding of the scriptures we can put those doubts behind us and get a true sense of security toward our future.

Any one of us, as Jehovah's Witnesses, have had such a numerous number of Bible students and conversations at doors. The people we run into vary from housewifes, to homeless, to doctors. Everyone has the same questions and doubts and fears! We are all human, no matter what station in life we may hold. And everyone deserves the opportunity to live forever.