Jehovah`s Witness/Merry Christmas?

Question
Derrick, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.  As I catch up on the comments here I can see yours was not a Jehovah's Witness free Christmas.  My how they protest.

We celebrated Christmas at church this year with a Christmas Cantata the Sunday before Christmas and a Candle-Light Service on Christmas Eve.  The Christmas Story was read (Luke 2: 1-20), then we sang some of the old hymns associated with the birth of Jesus.  

Our praise & worship didn't include "Nimrod Trees" or stars.  Funny how all those "Nimrod Trees" are pitched to the curb on the first trash pick-up day following Christmas, isn't it?  Wouldn't you think an idol that is so revered, bowed down to & worshipped would be treated with a little more respect?

May God bless you & your family with good health, happiness, peace, love & joy in the coming year.

Jay

Luke 2: 10-11  "And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.  For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." ~~~ I see that as cause for celebration... EVERY DAY of the year!

Answer
Hello, Jay.  So good to hear from you again.  Yes, we had a good Christmas, and I hope that you did, as well.  

No, my Christmas was not "JW free", as you say.  Seems Rando took to his lying again.  Like another lady said, some of these people are truly unhappy this time of year, and because they are so unhappy, they feel it their mission to try and make everyone else unhappy too.  It didn't work.  

And the problem with their protesting the celebration of Christ's birth, is that they don't have a Biblical leg to stand on.  The Bible clearly says such matters are up to the person, where there is no Scriptural command either way.  But some of them simply cannot stand for anyone to do anything that they themselves are forbidden to do.  

I especially enjoyed reading the posts written to Rando, by Rando, and seeing him try to tie in the Christmas tree, with Nimrod.

I also noticed that he got a couple of questions from someone asking him about whether it was okay to eat meat that had been offered to idols.  It was a very good question, and apparently Rando didn't grasp the purpose behind that question, because he walked right into it.  The person was obviously trying to make an excellent comparison between eating the meat offered to idols, and Christmas trees.  

The question showed the extreme inconsistency of the JW position, when Rando acknowledged that a Christian COULD eat such meat, although it had been offered to false pagan "gods", because the "god" was nothing anyway, and therefore the meat was not tainted in any way...while at the same time, trying to claim the Christmas tree was to be avoided, for the VERY SAME REASON...that pagans had cut down trees and made "gods" out of them.  

As I was reading his answer, I wondered if he just didn't have the sense to know he was being set up with the question, and his answer played right into proving OUR position as the correct one.  Basically, a legitimate creation of God is not to be shunned, just because pagans misused it in their religious worship.  That was the obvious intent of the question sent to him, and as I was reading his answer, I was amazed that he didn't even realize it.

Sounds to me like your church had a Christ-honoring observance, and one that reminded you and those in attendance, of the importance of the Savior's birth, and the reason He came to earth was for our redemption.  

So, you're telling me that in your service, NOBODY fell down and worshipped the "Nimrod Tree"?  And all week, we had to read comments about how we "do an act of worship to it".  So, nobody in your church did that?  Funny, nobody in mine did, either.  And like you said, its odd that we just throw our "idol" out on the curb right after Christmas, since it is such a "god" to us.

You know, Jay, the obvious reason this guy is such a liar, is because he cannot refute anything we believe with TRUTH.  He has lied so much for so long, it is simply ingrained in his nature.  He absolutely cannot type a post without lying.  Such a pity, because it is obvious what spirit is controlling him.

You said...."Luke 2: 10-11  "And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.  For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." ~~~I see that as cause for celebration ...EVERY DAY of the year!"

I agree 100%.  It certainly IS a cause for celebration.  When I read this verse, I notice the part where it says "which IS Christ the Lord" , because it shows that Jesus was Christ at His birth, and didn't "become Christ" like Rando believes, at His baptism.  Funny thing...Rando always says that we "deny that Jesus is the Christ", but we actually believe that Jesus has been Christ for 30 years LONGER than Rando does!

Also, it should be pointed out that the angels themselves rejoiced over the birth of the Savior, so how much more should we, who have been saved and redeemed by His blood?

Luke 2:13-14-  "And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,

Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men."

Sounds like a reason to rejoice to me!  How sad that these people are so miserable and unhappy this time of year, that they absolutely can't stand for everyone else not to know how unhappy they are.  They need prayer.

Thanks for writing, Jay.  And I hope you and your family had a great Christmas, and a wonderful upcoming new year.  Take care, and God bless.

Derrick  

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland