Jehovah`s Witness/MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Hello Derrick, I just wanted to wish you and you family a very blessed Christmas. I think our Jw friends hate this time of year. They must feel so "left out" and isolated from the world. So sad. If they could look past their ridiculous reasons for not celebrating, they would see that its about the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Its not about Santa, presents, trees, or even when Jesus was actually born, its about the fact that God chose for him to be born and why, and what that means. For supposedly being "experts" on the Bible, they clearly missed this one. They choose to focus on the trivial details, and not the real reason of Christmas, like they do for so many things. Its all so sad.   Take Care friend. Merry Christmas.

Hello Rita, it is very good to hear from you again.  I want to thank you for taking the time to write with your lovely Christmas greeting and well-wishes.

Rita, you are so correct that they miss the entire point. I honestly just laugh when I see all these posts, telling us that Jesus wasn't born on December 25th.  This has been known for a very long time now, and is nothing new.  I am reminded that in the early days of the Watchtower, they knew that December 25th wasn't the actual date, but actually encouraged people to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ on that day. So, they can't claim "new light" on that one, because the WT was already aware that this was not likely to be the actual date of Jesus' birth, but didn't think that was a big deal.

In fact, the second president of the Society, Judge Rutherford, said that Christians should not "quibble about the date".

I quote..."Even though Christmas is not the real anniversary of our Lord's birth, but more properly the annunciation day or the date of His human begetting (Luke 1:28), nevertheless, since the celebration of our Lord's birth is not a matter of divine appointment or injunction, but merely a tribute of respect to Him, it is not necessary for us to quibble particularly about the date. We may as well join with the civilized world in celebrating the grand event on the day which the majority celebrate-"Christmas Day".

But Rando likes to "quibble", because he enjoys lying and looking foolish.  Like you said, they are very unhappy this time of year, not being able to feel what Christians feel, when we remember the birth of our Savior.

I pity these poor people, I really do. They don't know the joy of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

Rita, I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas, and a blessed new year.  God bless, and keep in touch!  Always great to hear from you. Thanks again for the warm Christmas greeting.

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland

I was raised in the religion known as Jehovah`s Witnesses for 13 years. Since becoming a born-again Christian, I have researched extensively this religion, especially their doctrines and their history. I can answer questions about their doctrines from the perspective of Biblical Christianity. To be clear: Jehovahs Witnesses is the religion of my upbringing, though I myself was never baptized into the religion, nor have I ever been considered as a Jehovahs Witness.

29 years of Biblical research into the fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith, and how they differ from the teachings of the Watchtower.

I would advise each questioner to this forum, to carefully READ the profiles of the various volunteers. There are several such as myself, who are not practicing JWs, but will provide you with an accurate and honest answer, regarding JW teaching. If we don't know the answer, we will try to research and get it for you. There are also some excellent practicing JWs here, who also endeavor to give you a factual and honest answer, based on their point of view. I believe by getting both points of view, the questioner can weigh the evidence for themselves, and make an informed decision. Unfortunately, there are also 3 here who claim to be JWs, but do NOT give honest, or well-researched answers. They will tell you only what they want you to believe, and they often hide facts about the history of their religion, as well as print untruths about other people's beliefs. This is done in an attempt to deceive the unsuspecting reader. It can be easily seen who these 3 are, simply by reading the public posts and "answers" which they write. Their posts will normally be filled with personal attacks, and if you question them about some teaching or aspect of the Watchtower that makes them uncomfortable, they will often reject your question, question your motives for asking it, tell you that you have been reading "apostate" sites, or turn the conversation into an attack on another expert. These ones are better avoided, as there is nothing to be gained by way of positive discussion, as they are not interested in intelligent conversation, or honest dialogue. If after reading the forum, you still have any questions as to who they are, just ask me, and I will be happy to tell you. And I can also provide documentation of their willful dishonesty. One thing is for a forum where people from both sides claim to be "Christians", there should never be any willful lying. Such ones only create a distraction in the forum, and provide nothing of any real value.

High School, some college. Studies of God's Word, the Bible, and how it compares to JW theology. I have found my own personal study and experiences to be far more valuable than any formal education or training. The Bible message is clear...Salvation is ONLY through and by the shed blood of Jesus Christ, and no religious organization has a thing to do with it. While attendance at a Bible-preaching, Bible-believing church is a must for spiritual growth and fellowship, no church can grant salvation to its members. Nor is joining a particular group a prerequisite for being saved.