Jehovah`s Witness/The Ransom

QUESTION: In a recent comment, you referred to 'the need and reason for the ransom of Jesus Christ'.  Would you please tell us your understanding of what that need & reason is?

Thank you.

Take Care

QUESTION: DW, I hoped you would be able to answer my question in your own words.     Nevertheless, I did read the JW link you referred me to.  Which brings up another question.  Is the ransom sacrifice of Jesus the means of our salvation?

In the JW link I read: "Second, a ransom is the price that covers, or pays, the cost of something." And "Another perfect human life was  the 'corresponding ransom' that was required."  And "Only the death of another perfect man could pay the wages of sin".  

I asked another expert on this board about Romans 6:7 (For he that is dead is freed from sin." and it was explained to me in so many ways that our death pays for our sins. Another reference given was:  Romans 6:23  (For the wages of sin is death: but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.)  It was explained to me that when we die our sins are acquitted.  So if our own death pays for our sins... there doesn't seem be any need or reason for the ransom sacrifice of Jesus Christ does there?  And too, we are not 'perfect men/man' so how could our own death pay the wages of sin? (Only the death of another perfect man could pay the wages on sin".

The answers I rec'd regarding Romans 6: 7 & 23 are listed below:
"During the reign of Christ, the Bible helps us to see that the ones who are resurrected will be judged according to the deeds they do once they are brought back to life on earth, because when they died, the sins they committed before they died were paid for by their dying, (Romans 6:7,23)"

"... because when they died, the sins they committed before they died were paid for by their dying, (Romans 6:7,23)".~

"So at death our sins are acquitted or paid for according to the Bible.>"

Back to my question.  So if our sins up to the point of death are paid for when we die, what was the purpose of the ransom sacrifice of Jesus?  Jesus sacrificial death was not sufficient to absolve our sins, but our own death does?
What am I missing here?  Please explain.

Thank you.

What your missing is this very simple point.

How does God answer the issue of universal sovereignty and crush the rebellion, without the ransom sacrifice??

It all goes back to the Garden of Eden my friend the whole thing is a permanent solution to a universal problem. This is why we have the Bible, the Kingdom, the heavenly calling, the mosaic law, the prophecys, the death, the suffering, everything just absolutely everything. stems from that one moment in time.

Once Adam an Eve sinned the very first prophecy was uttered and it will be finally fulfilled last of all

Gen 3:

15 "And I will put enmity*+ between you+ and the woman+ and between your offspring*+ and her offspring.*+ He will crush* your head,+ and you will strike* him in the heel"

Once this is fulfilled problem is solved.

Don't over complicate and over think a very simple truth.

Matt 11:

25 At that time Jesus said in response: “I publicly praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intellectual ones and have revealed them to young children.

Take Care  

Jehovah`s Witness

Bro DW

I have many years of experience serving Jehovah . I have known Jehovah a long time and I have known his organization . I have been privileged to see great progress not only in my own personal relationship with my God and Father but within his organization. I am an avid reader of the bible and have been gifted by my Father with the indescribable privilege of being allowed to understand his own word.

The truth is all about scripture and logic. The two go hand in hand . There is not one bible verse that cannot be understood within the realms of human reasoning. Not one!! Why would it?? The bible is God's message to his creation . His creation who he made to understand things in a specific way. God is not stupid or unwise as to leave as a message then allow us to guess what it means or who he is. 1 Tim 2:3This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth" Notice the expression "accurate knowledge".

The bible leaves signs of true christianity there are many. Jehovah's witnesses meet every single sign. One sign is the removal of false teachings that permeated the world soon after the apostles died. Jesus foretold this and he also foretold of the restoration of pure worship in the period known as the last days. The days we are currently living in. Jesus was a master of using illustrations he used an illustration to highlight this point Matt 13: "The Kingdom of the heavens may be likened to a man who sowed fine seed in his field. 25While men were sleeping, his enemy came and oversowed weeds in among the wheat and left. 26When the stalk sprouted and produced fruit, then the weeds also appeared. 27So the slaves of the master of the house came and said to him, ‘Master, did you not sow fine seed in your field? How, then, does it have weeds?’ 28He said to them, ‘An enemy, a man, did this.’ The slaves said to him, ‘Do you want us, then, to go out and collect them?’ 29He said, ‘No, for fear that while collecting the weeds, you uproot the wheat with them. 30Let both grow together until the harvest, and in the harvest season, I will tell the reapers: First collect the weeds and bind them in bundles to burn them up; then gather the wheat into my storehouse" Why did he speak in illustrations? Matt 13:10So the disciples came and said to him: “Why do you speak to them by the use of illustrations?” 11In reply he said: “To you it is granted to understand the sacred secrets of the Kingdom of the heavens, but to them it is not granted" The kingdom of the heavens is full of sacred secrets that Jesus reveals only to his followers. This privilege is open to all who are really willing to submit to God and his Christ in action not just in words. These are the ones God is looking for. Are you really one?? If so I encourage you to let Jehovah's witnesses show you what the Bible really teaches.

False religion is disgusting to God and to his true worshippers it is likened in the Bible to a harlot Rev 17:"I will show you the judgment upon the great harlot who sits on many waters, 2with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, whereas those who inhabit the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication" Whereas the bride of Christ is likened to a virgin Rev 14: 4"These are the ones who did not defile themselves with women; in fact, they are virgins" These are both used as spiritual terms here and show the importance of pure and clean worship for God's people.