Jehovah`s Witness/Reasoning with the scriptures.

Hello Sister T.

Can we read Rev 1 v 1- 11

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John
Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.
Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.
John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.  
I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,
Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.  

Sister T can l draw your attention to v 7.
Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. -Revelation 1:7

What is the belief  or the reasoning regarding the Holy word of God regarding this piece of scripture.
Thankyou for your time.

Hello S.S and thank you for writing.  

Yes we most definitely can read Rev. 1:1-11...thanks.

You have a question regarding vs. 7, before I go into vs. 7, please allow me to set the scene starting with the first verse.

Rev. 1:1 helps us to see that God gave Jesus a revelation or disclosure, and Jesus sent his angel to John and presented this disclosure in signs.  And thus John in vs. 2 bore record to the word of God and to the testimony Jesus gave, which John saw.

Now moving on to vs. 4 we see John is addressing the seven churches or congregations in the province of Asia.  John mentions several different ones here, I'll separate it so it's easier, he says:

"Grace be unto you, and peace,

from him which is, and which was, and which is to come;

and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

and from Jesus Christ"

First we see Jehovah God (Lord God Almighty) being spoken about here as the one which is, and which was, and which is to come.

Second we see the seven Spirits which are before his throne

Third we see Jesus Christ in vs. 5

John tells us about Jesus, he the faithful witness, the first begotten of the dead and the prince of the kings of the earth.

In vs. 6 John says, Jesus made us (the ones he was speaking to including himself) kings and priests unto God and his Father, (Jesus' God and Father is Jehovah, Lord God Almighty)

Now moving on to vs.  7 he cometh with clouds,

Jesus coming with clouds denotes invisibility, as you can not see something that is in the clouds or above them.  For example when there is fog, it's cloudy on the ground. So we are warned regarding driving and how our visibility is extremely limited, you can't see, so we need to drive with caution because you can't see through the cloud until you are actually upon whatever is there.  So the cloud helps us to see that invisibility that come with the presence of clouds.  

Just like when a cloud passes in front of the sun, we can't see the sun.  Or an airplane may be flying in or above the clouds, we may hear it, but when looking up we cannot see it if it's in or above the clouds.

"and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him"

If Christ were to appear visibly in the heavens, every eye would not see him because people on the other side of the earth would not see what others on this side see.  For example, it takes a million or more earths to fill the sun, but yet when the earth is turned away from the sun there is no sunlight on that side of the earth, just darkness.  So even as big as the sun is compared to the earth, it cannot be seen on the other side of the earth.  So every eye on earth would not see him if Jesus were visibly coming on a cloud, so that has to mean something else...

So every eye will see him in that the signs of his invisible presence is clearly seen by the events happening on earth. (see Matt 24)

Also, when mentioning the ones who pierced him, they were Roman soldiers and have long since died, so if Jesus did appear visibly, they could not and would not see him, they're dead. This denotes people who act in the same manner as those who pierced Jesus by persecuting his followers.

We see this at Matt 25:41-46.  vs. 45 really drives that point home:

vs. 45 "Then he will answer them, saying: ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of these least ones, you did not do it to me.'"

Back to Rev. 1:7 at the end there:  "and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen."

there after the colon all kindreds or basically people of the earth shall wail because of Jesus.  They wail because they will know what is happening to them is from heaven and even though people are being warned in advance, they still take no note.  But they will not be able to take no note when Jesus destroys the wicked, thus they will wail.

Now with vs. 8, many people mistakenly believe this verse is referring to Jesus, but it's talking about Jehovah, the Almighty (Lord God Almighty)

The Alpha and the Omega is the same One who in Rev. 1:4 was spoken of first, as the 'which is, and which was, and which is to come,' the Almighty.  

If you go back up to vs. 4, we see Jesus is mentioned third there, not first, the one mentioned first is Jehovah (Lord God Almighty), which is, and which was, and which is to come, so that helps us to know that verse 8 isn't speaking about Jesus, but speaking of Jesus' Father, Jehovah God, the Almighty.

We see this from Rev. 4:8 "And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come."

Also Rev 11:17 helps us to see that the Almighty is the one who is, was and is to come because Rev. 1:4 undeniably speaks of them as not being one in the same.

Rev. 11:17 "Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned."

Hope that helps

Have a good day

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T

Please click here--> For your Free Home Bible Study

I can answer questions related to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bible. I love learning the truth from the Bible and helping others to learn that truth as well. I don't know everything but will answer from the Bible, I like to use illustrations as well to help a person relate to what is being said. The Bible has the last say so over any person.

I am an active baptized Jehovah's Witness and Jehovah is Almighty God,(Ps. 83:18) and his Son Jesus Christ died so that everyone exercising faith in him may not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16). I support my fellow Witnesses on this board who are real, and Jehovah's worldwide visible organization, including the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. As God is not a God of disorder, and there could not be order if there were not ones to take the lead. Taking the lead and having a leader is not the same, our leader is Jesus Christ, and in order to have unity and order, there has to be arrangements in place. As the first century Christians had, there were men taking the lead, (Acts 6:1-6) as with Moses, (Exodus 18:21) and in our day, in following with Bible truths, we do the same. When people twist that around to us worshiping men, it is just a straight out lie! Why would the Scripture at 1 Tim. 3:1-10, 12, 13 give the criteria for men reaching out for an office of overseer if that was not meant to be? (Phil 1:1, Acts 20:17, 28, Eph. 4:11, 12, 2 Cor. 3:4-6). If we were not supposed to have men who take the lead, why was this scripture penned? James 5:14-15 "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

If you have legit questions and want to know the truth, please ask, but if you are here to spread your lies and twists of the scriptures or get your falsehoods out, you may get rejected! The truth is from the Bible, if what you say does not harmonize with the Bible then what you say is wrong! Context and other scriptures help determine scriptures that may stump us, let scripture interpret scripture. The Bible does not contradict itself, so if what you are being taught or if what you are teaching makes it seem like the Bible is contradictory, remember it's not the Bible it's the man-made teaching! Doctrines of men! Mark 7:6, 7 "He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men." (also Romans 10:2, 3)

Matthew 24:14 says "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." We are doing that today, we are living in times of Bible Prophecy and as a Jehovah's Witness, we have the privilege to be apart of a prophecy spoken by Jesus himself! The good news of the Kingdom. Ask yourself, what kingdom? then read Daniel 2:44! It's a real government. Take heed now! Listening to men over God will mean your life.(Prov 3:5,6, Ps. 146:3) A lie will never become truth, No matter how long or how many people say it or speak it. Learn what the Bible really teaches, seek out Jehovah's ways, serving God in truth is only acceptable to him,(John 4:23, 24) you can not be serving God acceptably if what you believe is a lie! Pray for understanding and ask Jehovah to search your heart and draw you! (John 6:44, 65) Now is the time to be with the people who are called by Jehovah's name! (Acts 15:14, 17, Isa. 43:7, 10, Zech 8:23)