Jehovah`s Witness/Right Religion

Question
"How is the right religion demonstrates true faith in Jesus Christ?
Does it mean other religion esp other christian churches have no faith in Jesus Christ?"

Answer
Hello and thanks for writing,

Well the right religion or true religion would base their teachings off of what the Bible says and not doctrines of men.  Since the Bible is inspired of God and not of men.

2 Tim 3:16, "All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness,"

The Bible can set matters straight, so we must let the Bible be the last authority, we must obey God as ruler rather than men, (Acts 5:29) that means when what men say or do go contrary to what God says from the Bible, no matter how entrenched or how many people say it or believe it, we must go with the Bible and what God says first and foremost.  

I'll give a few different instances of claims of faith which really are not, and thus does not demonstrate true faith in Jesus, regardless of what a person may say otherwise.

Such as man made and/or demon inspired teachings (Rev. 16:14) that do not originate with God and the Bible, such as the Trinity teachings, hellfire teaching, or immortal soul teachings, these demonstrate no faith in Jesus or God because they are lies against God and his anointed one, Jesus Christ!  So any religion that teaches those things can not have faith in Jesus, because Jesus taught the opposite.

1 John 3:10 "The children of God and the children of the Devil are evident by this fact: Whoever does not practice righteousness does not originate with God, nor does the one who does not love his brother"

How does one practice righteousness?  Well we know that the opposite of right is wrong, and the opposite of truth is a lie, or untruth.  So when a person goes against truth and right, they do not originate with God, because worship to God is only acceptable to Him if it's with truth. (John 4:23,24 "...must worship with...truth")

When people teach, promote, and believe these doctrines of men, they let go of the commandment of God, because it's not from God.

Jesus spoke of such one's worship to God:

Mark 7:7,8 "It is in vain that they keep worshipping me, for they teach commands of men as doctrines.’ 8 You let go of the commandment of God and cling to the tradition of men."

Jesus said in order for them to continue in these false teaching's they "skillfully disregard" the commandment of God.  

Mark 7:9 "Further, he said to them: “You skillfully disregard the commandment of God in order to keep your tradition"

How do you skillfully disregard the commandment of God?  Well one way is to make it seem like it's all right to do certain things that are wrong in God's eyes according to the Bible, but disguised to look like it's not.  

Like celebrating certain so called religious holidays that are displeasing to God.  If you give, if you do nice things, if you don't consider it in that sense, well then it's all right people will say.  God knows my heart and why I do it, some say.  People fool themselves with that thinking and others fall right into it because it's what they want to do and because many are also doing the same as well.  And all the while they continue to slap Jehovah and his son Jesus in the face each and every time.  Some people will make excuses to do wrong against God and justify it if it's something they really want to do.

Let's take another example, the use of God's name, YHWH (or JHVH), Jehovah in English.  If God didn't want us to KNOW and USE his name, he would not have given us this scripture, one of many:

Ps. 83:18 "May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth."

And Jesus himself said:

Matt 4:10 "Then Jesus said to him: “Go away, Satan! For it is written: ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”

John 17:6 "I have made your name manifest to the men whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours, and you gave them to me, and they have observed your word."

If the Bible says what God's name is, that it's Jehovah, and it says that Jehovah ALONE is the Most High over all the earth, and Jesus said that he made God's name known, or manifest, and it is Jehovah we must worship and to him ALONE render sacred service, why would a religion that claims to have faith in Jesus turn around and say that Jesus is Almighty God and to worship Jesus?  Jesus never said he was Jehovah, never said he was Almighty God.  The Bible does not teach that.  In fact Jesus didn't even let a man call him good, for he said, "Why do you call me good? Nobody is good, except one, God." (Mark 10:18)  Any one or any Religion that teaches these lies is not from God.  Therefore is not true or right Religion, it is False Religion!  

Claiming to have faith in Jesus and actually having faith in Jesus is two totally separate things.  The only way a claim becomes true is if the actions match what is being claimed.  

If a religion claims to have faith in Jesus, but yet goes against the very teachings of Jesus and what the Bible really teaches, then their claims are false!

True faith in Jesus involves appreciation of the value of the sacrifice of Jesus’ human life and of his position today as heavenly King. (John 3:36; Psalm 2:6-8) Such appreciation is shown by obeying Jesus, sharing personally and zealously in the work that he assigned to his followers. True religion has such faith that is accompanied by works.

James 2:14,17 " 14 Of what benefit is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but he does not have works? That faith cannot save him, can it? 17 So, too, faith by itself, without works, is dead."

Take the case with blood for example that many people try to justify taking in their bodies when it's what they want to do.  The Bible clearly states in the Hebrew and Greek scriptures to abstain from blood.

Lev. 17:10 "If any man of the house of Israel or any foreigner who is residing in your midst eats any sort of blood, I will certainly set my face against the one who is eating the blood, and I will cut him off from among his people"

Acts 15:20 "but to write them to abstain from things polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from what is strangled, and from blood."  (Also Acts 15:28,29; Acts 21:25)

But people will "skillfully disregard" this by saying a transfusion is not eating blood, or that it meant only animal blood.  Or they will reason that because it's to save a loved one's life, it's all right.  But does the Bible say it was conditional?  No it specifically said abstain from Blood.

Jesus died and poured out his blood for us.  Jesus' blood means our salvation, his ransom paid what Adam lost for us.  Once Jesus died for us, animal sacrifices were no longer needed as Jesus' blood made atonement for our sins. Jehovah sent his son to die for us, Jesus' very name means "Jehovah is Salvation".  One can claim to have faith in Jesus, even going so far as to call him Almighty God, but when it comes down to it they will take a blood transfusion to save their life or the life of a loved one.  And even then taking blood still may not save the life. But by obeying God one will gain everlasting life!  

Romans 6:23 "...the gift God gives is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our Lord"

God views blood as sacred and his view should be our view.

Lev. 17:11 "For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I myself have given it on the altar for you to make atonement for yourselves, because it is the blood that makes atonement by means of the life in it."

Heb. 9:12 "He entered into the holy place, not with the blood of goats and of young bulls, but with his own blood, once for all time, and obtained an everlasting deliverance for us"

Heb. 9:22 "Yes, according to the Law nearly all things are cleansed with blood, and unless blood is poured out no forgiveness takes place."

Heb 9:28 "so also the Christ was offered once for all time to bear the sins of many;..."

Matt 26:28 "for this means my ‘blood of the covenant,’ which is to be poured out in behalf of many for forgiveness of sins."

1 Peter 1:18,19 "For you know that it was not with corruptible things, with silver or gold, that you were set free from your futile way of life handed down to you by your forefathers. 19 But it was with precious blood, like that of an unblemished and spotless lamb, that of Christ."

When a person accepts blood from another person by taking it into their body, they are in fact saying that Jesus' blood isn't good enough for them.  They are in fact saying that they do not want the salvation that God offered through the shed blood of our lord Jesus, because their salvation will be gotten from the poured out blood of some other person.

What can the shed blood of another person guarantee us?  Nothing!  It's putting salvation in someone else, claiming to have faith in the blood of Jesus but their claims are proved false by their actions, they keep deceiving themselves with false reasonings. (James 1:22) Making the claim to have faith in Jesus, but they really don't because they have faith in the blood from someone other than Jesus!

But when a person really has faith in Jesus, they will not take the blood of another.  They will know and have faith that Jesus' blood is all the blood we need for salvation.  That's faith.  Any thing other is not.  No matter how someone tries to justify it by skillfully disregarding it.

Acts 4:12 "Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved."

Luke 9:24 "For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake is the one who will save it."

Heb 10:29 "How much greater punishment do you think a person will deserve who has trampled on the Son of God and who has regarded as of ordinary value the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and who has outraged the spirit of undeserved kindness with contempt?"

Take Care,

Sister T

JW.org  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T