Jehovah`s Witness/Santa Claus

Good morning Mr. Holland.  I have been following the discussions on Christmas and the various points made from both sides. I was reading Brother Rando's comments about Santa Claus being a lie to which I would agree. But what I cannot understand about him is why every subject it seems, turns into an attack on you. What do you have to do with Santa Claus? He seems to make an implication that you lied to your children about Santa, but how would Rando possibly know that? I just don't understand why every discussion here he feels the need to lie on you so much or just make implications about you that he could not possibly know. It really takes away from the discussions and makes him much less credible in my opinion. Is he not able to just discuss something? Thank you for your time and for letting me share my observations.

Hello Marie, in the great state of Tennessee. I hope you are well, and thank you for writing with your comments.

You have noticed what so many others have.  The reason that Rando spends so much of his time attacking me, is because he has no Scriptural arguments to make that will hold up, and he has such an obsession with and hate for me, that I am simply in his head all of the time. You are right....what did a discussion on Santa Claus have to do with me? Nothing.  But Rando has been embarrassed and exposed by me so many times, he literally has to use every opportunity to spread his lies and hate.

And others are noticing. Did you read an Add-On comment left by a JW the other day, after one of my recent answers. The guy wrote and disagreed with me about the Christmas tree, but also was honest enough to admit that Rando is a bad example for their religion, and is in need of help. I've had other JWs write to me and admit this, as well. Yet, Rando just continues right on, mocking his religion in this forum.

But back to Santa Claus, you said he couldn't possibly know if I lied to my children about that or not.  Well, actually he does know, because I've actually denounced the lie that Santa Claus is, MANY times in this very forum. He knows that, so when he implies that I lied to my kids about it, he is making himself look stupid....yet again. And showing himself to be a liar as well.

That is why I laughed when I saw him quote John 8:44, and make this comment.....

<b>"Lying is the way of life for the member of Christendom"<b/>

The funny thing is, Rando is the epitome of John 8:44, which is a verse that nails his hide to the wall, and one I have used many times in showing who is behind his lying....his father, the devil. He does what his father does. All his talk about Jesus being his "big brother"....well, that's not possible, because they have different fathers. Its simple...a person who practices lying, is of their father, Satan. That's what the verse says.  So, we see that it is Rando who has lying as a "way of life".  Not only that, but he's a hypocrite for calling others "liars", while himself lying, and using a verse that exposes HIM as being led of Satan.

Marie, here's what you do....Just write to him, and ask him to show a real lie from Mr. Holland, or give a link to prove that I actually do or say the stuff he claims. That'll shut him up.  

He will just reject your question if you ever ask him for proof of any lie. Better yet, ask him to show where I have ever supported the teaching of Santa Claus, if you want a really good laugh. Fact is, my sons are now 18 and 16, and they have never believed in, nor been taught Santa Claus. Santa Claus is a lie, that detracts from the glory of Christ, and we always felt our boys should be taught the truth about Jesus' birth, and not a lie about Santa Claus. We also felt they should know that the presents they received, came about as a result of hard work, and came from people who loved them. Santa Claus has never been part of our Christmas.

Rando is a liar, who is full of hate. Don't worry about him. If you want good answers about JW belief from a JW, then ask Brenton or Elbert, or someone who isn't full of lies and hate. Avoid Rando, DW, and Sister T. They are bad examples, they have been told so, but they just continue right on. There are better JW options here.

Rando is merely showing who is leading him. How else do you explain someone LYING in the very post where they are denouncing a lie, and calling other people liars?

Again, he isn't worth worrying about. Have a blessed day, and thanks for writing.

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland

I was raised in the religion known as Jehovah`s Witnesses for 13 years. Since becoming a born-again Christian, I have researched extensively this religion, especially their doctrines and their history. I can answer questions about their doctrines from the perspective of Biblical Christianity. To be clear: Jehovahs Witnesses is the religion of my upbringing, though I myself was never baptized into the religion, nor have I ever been considered as a Jehovahs Witness.

29 years of Biblical research into the fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith, and how they differ from the teachings of the Watchtower.

I would advise each questioner to this forum, to carefully READ the profiles of the various volunteers. There are several such as myself, who are not practicing JWs, but will provide you with an accurate and honest answer, regarding JW teaching. If we don't know the answer, we will try to research and get it for you. There are also some excellent practicing JWs here, who also endeavor to give you a factual and honest answer, based on their point of view. I believe by getting both points of view, the questioner can weigh the evidence for themselves, and make an informed decision. Unfortunately, there are also 3 here who claim to be JWs, but do NOT give honest, or well-researched answers. They will tell you only what they want you to believe, and they often hide facts about the history of their religion, as well as print untruths about other people's beliefs. This is done in an attempt to deceive the unsuspecting reader. It can be easily seen who these 3 are, simply by reading the public posts and "answers" which they write. Their posts will normally be filled with personal attacks, and if you question them about some teaching or aspect of the Watchtower that makes them uncomfortable, they will often reject your question, question your motives for asking it, tell you that you have been reading "apostate" sites, or turn the conversation into an attack on another expert. These ones are better avoided, as there is nothing to be gained by way of positive discussion, as they are not interested in intelligent conversation, or honest dialogue. If after reading the forum, you still have any questions as to who they are, just ask me, and I will be happy to tell you. And I can also provide documentation of their willful dishonesty. One thing is for a forum where people from both sides claim to be "Christians", there should never be any willful lying. Such ones only create a distraction in the forum, and provide nothing of any real value.

High School, some college. Studies of God's Word, the Bible, and how it compares to JW theology. I have found my own personal study and experiences to be far more valuable than any formal education or training. The Bible message is clear...Salvation is ONLY through and by the shed blood of Jesus Christ, and no religious organization has a thing to do with it. While attendance at a Bible-preaching, Bible-believing church is a must for spiritual growth and fellowship, no church can grant salvation to its members. Nor is joining a particular group a prerequisite for being saved.