Jehovah`s Witness/No scripture to find any reasoning fo the Trinity

Question
I use to be a Trinitarian at one time, but now that I have researched this doctrine more fully than ever, I find no Biblical evidence for it, but pure contradiction constantly. For example,

The Nicean Council and the formation of the Trinity doctrine was ordered, led and approved by the Roman Emperor Constantine as part of his political campaign to unite factions of the failing Roman Empire under one state religion. Not many people dispute this fact, but as a former Trinitarian believer, I tried to "spiritualize" this history by making Constantine into a holy man who was led by God to do what he did. While there is NO evidence for this, there are lots of reasons to believe that he was doing it for strictly political purposes. To this day there is a debate about whether or not Constantine was even baptized.

Next for the contradiction against the Holy Bible, the Trinity Doctrine is impossible to understand, yet understanding our relationship to God is central in gaining salvation and understanding many other gospel doctrines. In fact the Bible tells us that our very eternal life depends on knowing HIM.

John 17: 3 - And this is life eternal, that they might 'KNOW' thee the 'ONLY TRUE GOD', and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.(KJV)

This 3-in-one weird God conjured up by the Trinity is an UNKNOWABLE God. The Trinity is confusion, and that is NOT of God, but of the devil. 1 Cor. 14: 33

Honest theologians and priests will even admit that there is no way to "understand" the Trinity. I too have argue that the mortal mind cannot grasp it but only "comprehend" some of it, but even that is a stretch when the scripture states that our 'very eternal life' depends on KNOWING God.

If there is one Bible doctrine that we should fully understand, it SHOULD be the one about the character and nature of God, and that he'd be a mean unloving God to give us no way of understanding this basic and important aspect of the Bible.

If the theologian of the Trinity KNEW it was beyond the understanding of men. Then, as MEN, how do they know that they got it right in the first place?

There is no evidence of spiritual manifestations, or any kind of confirmation by Gods Holy spirit for the conclusion of Nicea.

Mr. Hepburn if you take the time to read and study the history of the Nicean Creed, you will be struck by the strictly political atmosphere of the whole event.

An if you take the examples in the Bible, you will find that most all of the major events in scripture were attended by angels, had manifestations of the Holy Spirit, or miraculous happenings of some sort or another. Yet at Nicea, none of the attendants reported angels appearing, cloven tongues of fire, or even a simple voice from heaven. Everything went off like a session of congress with everybody trying to please the Roman Emperor.

If this IS a pivotal doctrine, why wouldn't there be SOME record of a miraculous occurence that could be pointed to as acceptance by God?

Now here is the thing, I didn't need no Jehovah Witness to teach me this from their doctrine, but I do find it most interesting that you all got this right for many years despite after all the bad gossip I was constantly told by our pastor and many ex Jehovah Witnesses who lied to me about your religion for years, by bad mouthing you all. I have accepted to and agreed to a Bible Study with one of your members. And I look forward to it with an open mind now. Thank you for your time Mr. Hepburn. And thank you for the 'WARNING' for notifying us who here are not true Jehovah Witnesses on you profile. I do also enjoy Mr Randos comments even though he has strong personality. He knows how to expose the lie on the Trinity doctrine very good. Thank you again sir.

Answer
Greetings Reg from way down in Australia

Thank you for writing.  I enjoyed what you had to say, it was  a refreshing change.

Yes I have looked at some of the history of  Nicean council enough to know what you had came to know by you in depth study that it was a political ply by Constantine.  It saddens me that so many people just can not understand  that.

Here is an interesting web site from a former Trinitarian about his research into the doctrine

http://www.angelfire.com/space/thegospeltruth/trinity.html

He is not a JW. I am not sure what religious organisation he belongs to  but he has done a lot of research on the subject.

I am pleased that you have taken up the Bible Study offer with one of our friends.

I would like to say,  please,   look at the information as presented from the Bible and do not look at individuals.  I say that because  I personally  known several individuals that have studied the Bible with us and agree with what we teach but are stumbled by the actions of some individuals in the congregation.  

It seems to be all to familiar an occurrence that people expect a person that claims to follow the Bible to almost be perfect and when such an individual acts in a way that is contrary to Bible principles, well they end up stumbling an interested one.  Please do not let that happen to you.  Study the teachings and make up your mind on the teachings and not on personalities.

If ever you have any questions  or concerns that you want an answer for please feel free to write and ask, in the mean time I hope you find joy in what you learn and grow in accurate knowledge of the True God and his purposes for mankind.

Thank you for writing and all the best

Brenton

Jehovah`s Witness

Brenton Hepburn