Jehovah`s Witness/Timing of first resurrection

Timing of the 1st resurrection?

There are three scriptures that directly affect the timing of the first resurrection. Matt 24:31, 1 Cor 15:52 and 1 Thes 4:16 each scripture references a particular trumpet sound as noted below.

Matt 24:31 "Great Trumpet"
Cor 15:52 "Last Trumpet"
1 Thes 4:16 "Gods Trumpet"

It is undisputed that 1 Cor 15:52 and 1 Thes 4:16 are the same trumpet!
But what about Matt 24:31?

Matt 24:31 indicates that the Resurrection would begin immediately after the  Tribulation (Matt 24:29).

So is the Trumpet sound mentioned at 1 Cor 15:52 to be understood literally, that it is the "LAST" trumpet. Because if it is to be understood in a literal way then there could be no other trumpet sounds to follow!

As Jehovah's Wittness we are taught that the resurrection of those anointed who sleep in death would begin to be resurrected after Christ's presence began in 1914. And according to the March 15 2014 watchtower 1st study article paragraph 8 endnote it states that the remaining living anointed would receive their heavenly reward after the tribulation is cut short according to Matt 24:29-31.

But would this not change our understanding of the timing of the resurrection? Since 1 Cor 15:52 refers to both the dead and remaining living anointed ones receiving their reward after the "Last" trumpet? If we are to understand the word "LAST" to be literal then there could be none to follow. And that would make the Trumpet at Matt 24:31 the same as those mentioned at 1 Cor 15:52 and 1 Thes 4:16?

I have searched the insight book and Watchtower library as to weather these Trumpet sounds were related? How manny there are? And if the word "Last" was to be understood literally and if not what is the symbolic meaning behind such?
No answer can be found to these questions.

So is the word "Last Trumpet" to be understood literally and if so would not the Trumpet at Matt 24:31 be the same as those found at 1 Cor 15:52 and 1 Thes 4:16?

Would this not also change the timing of the beginning of first resurrection from sometime after 1914 to yet a future date after the great tribulation is cut short at Christ's arrival? (Matt 24:29)

This would be in line with John 14:3 where Jesus said when I come again I would receive you home to me... Since his arrival is a the end of the Great Tribulation he would then take home his anointed brothers, first those asleep in death and then afterward those alive who are remaining?

According to our new light/understanding would it not force a change in the understood timing of the resurrection from 1914, to yet a future date at his arrival since the resurrection clearly begins after the "Last Trumpet"?

One of the earmarks of apostasy in the first century was the teaching that the resurrection had already begun. Ironically, one of the fundamental teachings of the Watchtower is that the first resurrection began in 1918. But as the questioner pointed out, Jesus foretold that the blowing of the trumpet signaling the final gathering of the holy ones takes place during the tribulation. Of course, the Watchtower also taught (up until 1970) that the tribulation began in 1914, but that it had been cut short. The truth is, virtually everything the Watchtower teaches in connection with prophecy is in error - skewed by their slavish devotion to 1914. The Watchman's Post is devoted to exposing the Watchtower's 1914 hoax.

But, it is humanly impossible to force any change. Only the future parousia of Jesus Christ can penetrate the abject blindness that presently grips the leadership of Jehovah's Witnesses.  

Jehovah`s Witness

Robert King

I can answer general Bible questions or questions regarding the teachings of the Watchtower Society, and questions and issues among Jehovah's Witnesses. Special interest is in Bible prophecy and the return of Christ.

Have been a pioneer minister of Jehovah's Witnesses during the 80's and an appointed elder for about 10 years. Also, I was an approved "expert" on All Experts some years ago, but could not keep up with the questions. I was disfellowshipped for exposing the Watchtower's 10-year partnership with the United Nations and for publishing the book Jehovah Himself Has Become King.

The Jerusalem above

Self published a 500+ page book called Jehovah Himself Has Become King, which is an in-depth exploration of Bible prophecy.

Always a pupil, always a teacher