Jehovah`s Witness/40's is on fire

Question
<<Good day derrick'''''

what were your thuoughts about this very intriguing issues made by the JW now? '''

''Are you prepared also for this coming 2015? lololololllll

............................
christian love>>>

Answer
Hello, and thanks for writing.

Yes, I too have been watching with interest, all the hoopla concerning 2015.  You really want my thoughts on it?  Okay, here it is....

DON'T THESE PEOPLE EVER LEARN?????

That's what I think about it.  Their Organization has never once gotten a date correct yet, and have enjoyed a 100% rate of failure in every prediction that they have ever made, in regards to what is supposed to happen in a specific year.  One would think that they might know better now, but it seems this is not the case.  

A few observations of mine...

1.  They are being VERY careful about HOW they talk about it.  They want to strongly IMPLY that it will be all over in 2015, but have apparently wised up at least enough to not say so for a certainty.  That way, if it DOES happen, they can say...."See there, we told you so.  This proves we are correct".

But if nothing happens, they can just shrug it off, and say..."We never said for sure, so what's the problem?"

2.  This is the problem with a religion thinking they are the channel God is using, and everyone else is just in spiritual blindness, or "blackness", as Grunbaum likes to say.  It leads them to the conclusion that they have some sort of extra-biblical insight, that no one else has, and the result of that, is that they just can't resist acting like they have some clue when the "end" is coming.  Basically, they have fallen into the same trap that many others have fallen into, only the WT has done it throughout their history, and still apparently hasn't learned much.

AT LEAST Harold Camping finally gave up!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/09/harold-camping-admits-hes-wrong_n_13352

It seems that Mr. Camping has "humbly" acknowledged that he has received "new light", about predicting the end times events.  

3.  They completely ignore what the Scriptures DO say about it....

Matthew 24:42-44-  "Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.  

But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.  

Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh."

I guess it escaped their notice, that the above verse of Scripture appears exactly ONE VERSE before the discourse on the "faithful and discreet slave", which they believe to be the GB.  So in context, Jesus is saying that Christians should be FAITHFUL, because we DON'T KNOW when He will return, or when the end will be.  If they want to apply verses 45-51 to themselves, maybe they should apply verse 44, as well.

Verse 48 makes it clear that the "evil servant" is the SAME servant that was called "faithful" in verse 45, and he became "evil" because he thought that his lord was delaying his coming, PROVING that even the faithful servant has no idea WHEN the Master will return.  He is merely to remain faithful UNTIL that time, and not be speculating on when it should be, because this can lead to disappointment and discouragement, along with loose living, if the servant's ideas as to the timing proved not to be true.

Also, Matthew 25:13-  "Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh."

So, it is unscriptural for them to even be attempting to suggest a particular date or year.  Christians are supposed to be living each day, like it could be THAT day.

4.  Their idea seems to be based on a very faulty foundation.  Now, it is true that the number 40 is used quite extensively in the Scriptures, and may even indicate a pattern.  However, the Witnesses here are suggesting that 40 years from 1975, leads us to 2015.

Well to that, I say..."Congratulations...you can add".  But that is about all I can say about it, because they FIRST need to demonstrate that the year 1975 has some significance, which it does not.  The only significant thing about 1975, is that it is the last in a long line of failed WT predictions, which not only proved to be a huge embarrassment to them, but also resulted in a huge LOSS of membership in the following year or two afterwards.

As I understand what they are saying, they are implying that Adam was 40 years old when Eve was created.  I would be just thrilled if they would tell us how they know that, and provide the accompanying Scripture.  Now, back before 1975, they clearly said the difference in time would be possibly "weeks or months, but not years".

Now, they somehow think it is 40 years.  

A prediction is only as good as its foundation, and there is nothing about 1975 as a foundation, to get excited about.

I remember Expert Grunbaum making this statement a few weeks back....

"Does that mean to act stupid and start selling things and quit providing for your family like some did,NO,some were unbalanced in 1975"

"SOME were unbalanced?  Understatement of the year.  However, could their being "unbalanced" not be the result of what was PRINTED in the Watchtower's own literature, actually COMMENDING and ENCOURAGING this sort of action?  

Consider the May, 1974 KINGDOM MINISTRY.....

"Yes, the end of this system is so very near! Is that not reason to increase our activity?...Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world's end." (Kingdom Ministry, May 1974, p. 3)"

So, its not like these few "unbalanced" people just dreamed this up on their own.  They were unbalanced, because they had spent the last several years reading predictions from LITERATURE, which was "unbalanced", but was accepted as coming from Jehovah God.

Again, my original question..."DON'T THEY EVER LEARN??"  

Check out this link, to see just how many predictions this religion has missed...

http://www.bible.ca/Jw-Prophecy.htm

5. The main problem I see with this, is that I would NEVER want to imply to anyone that Jesus might NOT come until a particular time.  As a born again Christian, I am looking for Christ to return for His Church.  I realize the JWs are looking for something else.  But the point is, Jesus could return TODAY!  I am not going to tell anyone that He will come in 2015, because He may come SOONER!  I tell people to expect Him today, and live like He is coming today.  And if He doesn't, then do the same thing tomorrow, and the next day, and every day after that, until He finally DOES come.  

It is completely inappropriate to presume to make a prediction such as they are doing,  or I should say, a STRONG IMPLICATION. What if I told someone that Jesus was LIKELY coming in 2015, because of some 40 year pattern, based on a starting date that meant absolutely nothing?  They would follow my erroneous teaching, and then when nothing happened at the appointed year of 2015, they would become dissillusioned, and forsake their belief in His coming altogether.  That is, unless I could convince them I had re-calculated and discovered I was off by a year, and that it was really next year.  Perhaps some might hang on until then, but the same thing would just happen again, if 2016 came and went with nothing happening.

That is one danger, but there is another one....Suppose I convinced them that Jesus was returning in 2015, they might think..."Well, we still have some time left, before we have to stop sinning and get right with God".  And then He comes BEFORE 2015, and they aren't ready...

I just think its best to BE Christians, witness to the lost, keep our own lives holy, and expect His return right up until the time He does come for us.  Can't lose that way.

Take care, and thanks for writing.

Derrick  

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland