Jehovah`s Witness/Acts 13: 32-40

Question
Hello Brother Dw.
 I hope all is well with you and your spiritual family.
Would you please explain the meaning of Acts 13: 32-40 for me"
 Thank you.

Georgie

Answer
Hello Georgie

Thanks for writing

Sorry for the delay in answering your question

Acts 13:

32  "And so we are declaring to YOU the good news about the promise made to the forefathers"

The promise was made to Abraham for a Messiah, a king to come through his line.

33  "that God has entirely fulfilled it to us their children in that he resurrected Jesus; even as it is written in the second psalm, ‘You are my son, I have become your Father this day."

(See Psalms 2:7)

Jesus is that King, he made a covenant to his disciples that they would rule with him.

Luke 22:

28 "However, YOU are the ones that have stuck with me in my trials; 29 and I make a covenant with YOU, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom"

34" And that fact that he resurrected him from the dead destined no more to return to corruption, he has stated in this way, ‘I will give YOU people the loving-kindnesses to David that are faithful"

(See Isaiah 55:3)

Jehovah resurrected Jesus his son to immortality confirming that covenant would take place just as he promised David

35" Hence he also says in another psalm, ‘You will not allow your loyal one to see corruption.’ 36 For David, on the one hand, served the express will of God in his own generation and fell asleep [in death] and was laid with his forefathers and did see corruption. 37 On the other hand, he whom God raised up did not see corruption"

(See psalms 16:10)

Paul now makes the point to the Jews (believers in the Hebrew scriptures) that these three Hebrew scriptures he just mentioned. Psalm 2:7, Isaiah 55:3, Psalm 16:10. Couldn't have been fulfilled in David because he was dead in the grave , so it was evident that Jesus was the one who these scriptures where fulfilled through.

Remember he said this in vs 30,31 (acts 13)

"But God raised him up from the dead , and for many days he became visible to those who had gone up with him from Gal′i·lee to Jerusalem, who are now his witnesses to the people"

So there where eyewitnesses to Jesus resurrection.

38 "Let it therefore be known to YOU, brothers, that through this One a forgiveness of sins is being published to YOU; 39 and that from all the things from which YOU could not be declared guiltless by means of the law of Moses, everyone who believes is declared guiltless by means of this One. 40 Therefore see to it that what is said in the Prophets does not come upon YOU"

So it's through Jesus death and resurrection man can be forgiven for his sins which means all sorts of things including meaning man can rule with Jesus in immortality.

Then Paul tells them to heed the warning so they don't suffer destruction as God warned beforehand

Follow up if you need

Take Care  

Jehovah`s Witness

Bro DW