Jehovah`s Witness/Ben Grunbalm

You say this""""""""

PLEASE ALSO NOTE: Some experts are NOT always the most courteous, that applies to both JW's and non JW's and their answers may offend, so it IS IMPORTANT to chose an "expert" that YOU feel will best suit YOU . . . . .

Did you not have in mind Ben Grunbalm,are you willing to say publically he is very rude that he is one of the experts????

Hello Sal

I used to read a lot of the conversations here and found that at times I was upset for the reader (questioner) over the way various ones answered.  I realise that is MY PROBLEM if I find some things offensive.  So I decided that others may have the same reaction. I though a general word of advice would be in order

That advice is intended to be a general warning for people to read responses that us so called "experts" give.  

People respond differently to people.  What some see as abrasive, others will see as being direct.  Our cultural backgrounds can have an affect on what we find courteous and or discourteous. People get offended for different reason.

Some people do not like the way I answer because I tend to put a lot of information into my responses, especially if they are after a short concise answer. My answers are not always direct as I try to provide as much information as I can.

Generally what I was trying to say is by reading some of the answers that are given find a person that "you" the "questioner" finds comfortable with the style of reply that is given.

My advice then is chose carefully based on past answers,  who you chooses to  answer a question so as to avoid being confused, or upset by the response that may be given.

Forums like this should be for the exchange of knowledge not unpleasantness.

Jehovah`s Witness

Brenton Hepburn

I AM one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, and I am always learning. I am NOT an expert in the full sense of the word but I can answer questions on the reliability of the NWT - the so called mind control problems-so called prophecies - how being a JW affects the individual and relatives and general practices and history of Jehovah’s Witnesses. >>WARNING<< Please be aware that there are people here who ARE NOT practicing JWs. By all means ask these ones questions. Depending on the question you will get an honest answer, but, generally the answer you get, will mislead you as to what we believe, often because, they do not give ALL the relevant details. These ones will, have an agenda against JWs., and will at times give answers that are not correct in regard to JW teachings and practices. If you are after a answer from one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, please read some of the answers that the various experts have published before choosing someone. If you want to ask one of the NON JWs a question, that is fine, BUT if you want a balancing view after asking one of the NON JWs, ask a JW the same question. PLEASE ALSO NOTE: There(have been)and are, some "experts" here who are NOT always the most courteous and polite, at times are actually quite rude, that applies to both JW's and non JW's and their answers may offend, especially when they get personal and attack the character of the person and not the message. Unfortunately some here that have done that. So it IS IMPORTANT to chose an "expert" that YOU feel will best suit YOU by reading some of their past answers . . . . .

I have been a publisher since 1964. When I first went on the internet I found a lot of negative information dealing with Jehovah’s Witnesses covering prophecy, mind control and what many said was a very bad translation of the Bible known as the NWT. It shook my faith. After may hours researching these topics I could see why some felt that way, but, I was also able to explain why there were these misleading views. I can now set matters straight for anyone that has negative information about Jehovah’s Witness to show them that such information is at best misleading and at worst dangerous lies.

I have been a student of the Bible for many years, am trying to teach myself Biblical Greek. Was a public tax accountant for many years untill SEP 2009 when I gave it up due to health problems.