Jehovah`s Witness/Doomsday

Question
hai T

Can I have your time viewing this video right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36MEsWC1Pzc

I think this serve as one of the signs from the BIBLE that this earth that we're now living is reserved for FIRE!

Answer
Hello

I'm aware of the meteor shower that fell in Russia that is causing alarm.  But this is not proof that the earth is going to be burned up or even destroyed.  

It's just one of the many Meteorite showers that have fell to earth over the centuries.  This earth is still here, and those showers happen more then people realize.  Sometimes they burn up before they make it all the way through our atmosphere but if they are large enough to not break up all the way they will come through.  

Remember what Jehovah says, and the fact that his purpose for this earth is not and will not be thwarted, not by man, not by Satan and not by meteorites.

He made the earth perfect, as he said in Genesis Chapter 1 the works of his hand were good. Gen 1:31

We don't have to be afraid of the earth being destroyed, here's an example, let's say you took your time to build the house of your dreams.  It was exactly how you wanted it to be and had all the things in it that you've always dreamed of.  It took you a while to build it and make it just so.  Once it was built, you were very happy with your work.  As time went on some friends of yours fell on hard times and needed a place to live.   So you opened your house to them.  You told them all they had to do is make sure they keep it clean and well kept.  But as time went on, why these people started making a huge mess, letting their animals and children tear things up and break things.  

So tell me what would you do?  Would you say, since these people have really messed up my house, I'm going to get some dynamite and just blow the whole house up to pieces and set it on fire?  Or would you go to those people and say, look you are ruining my house so you have to leave!  

Common sense says you would make the people leave rather then blow up your house that you took the time to build just right.  So you put those people out and you fix up what they messed up and all was well.  The Bible helps us to see that Jehovah will do the same, he's not going to destroy what he created or let anyone or anything else destroy it.  The ones who are ruining the earth will be destroyed not the earth itself.

Let's look at some Bible scriptures.

Ps 115:16 "As regards the heavens, to Jehovah the heavens belong,
But the earth he has given to the sons of men."

So we can see that God said he has given the earth to the sons of men.

Ps. 37:29 "The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it."

This helps us to see that the earth will be around forever for the righteous to reside on it forever.  

And God didn't make the earth so he would later destroy it, as we see he didn't make it simply for nothing, but he made it for people to live on and Ps. 37:29 tells us they will live on it forever.

Isa. 45:18 "For this is what Jehovah has said, the Creator of the heavens, He the [true] God, the Former of the earth and the Maker of it, He the One who firmly established it, who did not create it simply for nothing, who formed it even to be inhabited: “I am Jehovah, and there is no one else"

What that scripture you are referring to is speaking of the world of wicked people, not the literal earth.

God is not going to destroy his earth, but he is going to remove those who are wicked from it.  

Ps. 37:9-11 "For evildoers themselves will be cut off, But those hoping in Jehovah are the ones that will possess the earth. 10 And just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more; And you will certainly give attention to his place, and he will not be. 11 But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth,
And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace."

Rev. 11:18 "But the nations became wrathful, and your own wrath came, and the appointed time for the dead to be judged, and to give [their] reward to your slaves the prophets and to the holy ones and to those fearing your name, the small and the great, and to bring to ruin those ruining the earth.”

God is not going to let the earth come to a total ruin or be destroyed.  The Bible says “He has founded the earth upon its established places; it will not be made to totter to time indefinite, or forever.” (Psalm 104:5)

2 Peter 3:7. That Bible verse says: “The heavens and the earth that are now are stored up for fire.” Does this not show that the earth will be burned up? Actually, the Bible sometimes uses the terms “heavens,” “earth,” and “fire” figuratively, as symbols. For example, when Genesis 11:1 says: “All the earth continued to be of one language,” it uses “earth” to mean human society.

The context of 2 Peter 3:7 shows that the heavens, earth, and fire mentioned there are also symbols. Verses 5 and 6 draw a parallel with the Flood of Noah’s day. On that occasion, an ancient world was destroyed, yet our planet did not disappear. Instead, the Flood wiped out a violent society, or “earth.” It also destroyed a kind of “heavens”...the people who ruled over that earthly society. (Genesis 6:11) In the same way, 2 Peter 3:7 foretells the permanent destruction of wicked society and its corrupt governments as if by fire.

Here's an exert from an article about Meteorite showers, as they have been occurring throughout history:

Here's the link where I got the exert

http://www.amsmeteors.org/meteor-showers/meteor-faq/#9

"Two meteor streams are associated with the November storms, the Andromedid (or Bielid) stream, and the Leonid stream. The Andromedid stream is one that is subject to frequent orbital perturbations, and as such, only rarely crosses the Earth’s’ orbit in a manner favorable for producing a meteor storm. The last storm produced from this stream was on November 27, 1885; with 13,000 meteors per hour visible at the peak. By contrast, the last appearance of a shower from this stream was in 1940, with only 30 meteors per hour at the peak. The Leonid stream is much more favorable for producing storms, and generally tends to produce one every 33 years or so, although it has sometimes been disappointing. After feeble displays in 1899 and 1933, The appearance on November 17, 1966, provided the highest known rate of any meteor stream ever recorded. An approximate rate of 40 meteors per second (144,000 m/hour), was seen for about 1 hour as viewed from the western portion of North America, and the Pacific. Unfortunately, the east coast and Midwest were enveloped in clouds that night, disappointing a lot of amateurs and professionals alike. These extremely strong rates were not seen during the 1998-2002 Leonid storm period. Rather than one year with extremely strong rates, this period provided several displays that entertained observers world-wide."

Sister T

jw.org  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T