Jehovah`s Witness/Could you expound more on the pattern of 40

I'm intrigued at reading your 40 year prophetic pattern theory,I wonder if you would expound on the intricacies of this pattern.We already know 40 is used but I'm asking about what you think the methodology behind this discipline is.I ask you to consider this in view of what Jesus said that no one knew the day not even he himself ,are you not lifting yourself up over the very knowledge of God?

You are referring where Jesus said:

(Matthew 24:36) . . .Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father. . .

Looking at this scripture we come away with several conclusions that are significant.

1.There is a certain year ,month,day that God has set for the timing of the tribulation.
2.What is not said is no one will ever figure out the time,if he would have said no one will ever know then that would be different.

WT *** w63 4/1 p. 223 Questions from Readers ***

Of course, Jesus did not say that no one ever would know.

Now there would be a certain methodology behind the date set,the scriptures tell us this:

(Romans 15:4) . . .For all the things that were written aforetime were written for our instruction. . .

(2 Peter 1:19) . . .Consequently we have the prophetic word [made] more sure; and YOU are doing well in paying attention to it as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until day dawns and a daystar rises, in YOUR hearts.

All of Gods servants have wanted to know when events will happen how are we to be different:

(Matthew 24:3) . . .“Tell us, When will these things be,. . .

How am I lifting myself up over the very knowledge of God by speculating on 2015.

Now this day that will start the tribulation is like a very bright light that was in darkness to his servants but it was not itself in darkness we were,the stars are very bright but at a great distance they don't appear no more than a faint dot but in reality some stars are 600,000 times as brighter than our sun but we are in darkness because of the distance ,if we closed in on the distance we would see the bright light,same with this day we are closing in on it and we have a good idea its right.

Does that mean to act stupid and start selling things and quit providing for your family like some did,NO,some were unbalanced in 1975,I remember as a new interested person at a book study the Elder in his closing prayer made mentioned "we only have a few more months left in this old system"

At the next circuit assembly which I attended you couldn't hardly get in the building it was so many people there,the very next circuit assembly in 1976 I almost drove right past the assembly hall ,it didn't even look the same ,no one was even in the parking lot to direct traffic.

Looking at the raw numbers :

1975 295,073  baptized world wide
1976 196,656  baptized world wide

Close to 100,000 fewer

Then 16,000 pioneers came off the list for 1976

So its clear to Jehovah these were just serving for a date and when 1976 came they went back into Satans world.

Now a new date is going around but this time is different in that the brothers in the past recognized the 40 year prophetic pattern but applied it to 1874 and subsequently 1914 was the end ,now 1975 with the 40 year prophetic pattern is 2015.

We have two modern fixed dates 1914 and 1975 ,1914 was fixed for the ending of the appointed times of the nations and for the birth of God’s Messianic Kingdom.

By fixed date I mean its in scripture ,Now since God has a definite time for ending this system that date would logically be a fixed date and scriptual.

God himself who knows the exact date clearly said:

(Habakkuk 2:3) 3 For [the] vision is yet for the appointed time, and it keeps panting on to the end, and it will not tell a lie. Even if it should delay, keep in expectation of it; for it will without fail come true. It will not be late.

I mention this verse as it was discussed when this 40 year thing started,we started to look at this verse as proof of 2015.

Lets assume 2015 really is the time but it was thought that 40 years ago 1975 was the time.

Why would there be a dely as this says,we never knew the exact time anyway,but he says:

"Even if it should delay"
(Habakkuk 2:3) . . .. It will not be late. . .

The date is “for the appointed time” and if it “will not be late,” why does Habakkuk say “even if it should delay”?

The Watchtower said this:

*** Multiple Articles ***

Evidently to show that some of God’s people would expect it to come sooner than it actually would. Why? Because the exact time of its coming would remain unknown to them.

They brought out again 1975 that it was expected,that Elder in his prayer in the book study did,now it has seemed to be a delay,its only a delay in that it was expected on a certain date.

Then to say:

"will not be late"

That would assume we know now the date

This verse is a test of faith,logically this test could not arise unless a delay was perceived.

Jesus said:

(Mark 13:33) . . .Keep looking, keep awake, for YOU do not know when the appointed time is. . .

So thats like expecting company to come over but were never told the exact time,When would you begin seriously doubting that your visitor was coming? Certainly not at nine o’clock in the morning, nor at noon, possibly not even in the late afternoon. But likely your faith would be tested once evening had set in simply because its getting late

(Habakkuk 2:3) . . .Even if it should delay, keep in expectation of it; for it will without fail come true. It will not be late.

Jehovah`s Witness

Benyamin Grünbaum