Jehovah`s Witness/Jehovah's Memory

I would like to start by saying that I tried to have a conversation with Ben who is another 'expert' on this site. I gave him a list of questions I had concerning witness and attitude as he calls himself a spiritual 'slayer' in his egotistical rundown of who he his. He did a fine job of providing the correct JW answer and I was looking forward to responding. Fact is however I could not get over the last part he wrote in his responce.

This is what he wrote:

This is all the time I have ,later Ill revise my respose to include the others,if you still will be around ,I doupt it after your doctrine has been exposed as false,and you know the penalty for false teachings is DEATH for the teacher and any who follow.

Prophet Grünbaum

Other then you I have written the customer service cordinator of this site but have heard nothing about it. I would like to know if you can look into this for me. I am a little concerned about were this guy's head is at.

Furthermore I have friends that are JWs and none of them call themselves a Prophet like this guy. Is this something that is praticed in the org? Secondly I thought even the Org itself shys away from the term?

Incidentally I did read your bio here and found it interesting. I know lots of witnesses some are my friends even though I am not a Witness. Why did you leave? It sounds to me like you simply had enough of it all. I cannot say that I blame you. I belonged to the Churches of Christ for six years and kind of came to a similar understanding. That it is impossible to 'get it right'. The mere logic of it is enough to boggle ones mind. However they would teach that our salvation depends upon our getting it right in reference to attending with them and praticing as they do. I still go to Church and strongly believe in God. Iam a Christian through and through perhaps since I understand the fundamental truth of it all. God provided a way I could be saved and when I was ready he answered my call. He saved me because he loved me not as a result of what I did.

I realize that you have been a JW all your life and perhaps have never really known God personally. I would simply like to say that you can know him for real. It is hard when all you know of God is what they have filled you mind with. I promice you Rob that God is far beyond the wall of litterature the WatchTower placed before you. I realize that you have probably heard it all before however I could not help but feel sad reading your bio. God loves you friend and is closer then you may think.

Unlike some on here, I enjoy conversation and take no offense when questioners do not agree with me. Neither do I call people names or imply that some ill event will befall them. But I do not know how to go about checking on someone. I am just another volunteer on here answering questions on a topic that I know a lot about.

You have rightly identified someone who seems to have an agenda beyond answering questions as accurately as they can. People under mind control believe that someone who asks challenging questions is evil and of the devil. This person is here to defend the concept of an organization, "God's Organization". If you are not in support of that organization or about to start supporting it, then you are automatically an evildoer and on Satan's side, as the teaching goes.

Calling oneself a prophet is simply not done in "Jehovah's Organization." JWs are taught not to bring attention to themselves with special titles. You will not find anyone among your JW friends or their friends that refer to themselves as a prophet. The person that you mention is here for war and to be as confrontational as possible. He uses a technical explanation of why he can correctly call himself a prophet. But proclaiming oneself as "prophet" would be squashed at any local Kingdom Hall. It simply is not done.

Please do not feel sad for me. I have come to know God far beyond the bounds of WT literature. It is true that I left the religion because I had grown so weary of us claiming that God chose us and therefore you are doomed to destruction unless you recognize us as the truth. I do know that God reveals himself, or itself, in various wonderful ways and is not bound to one religion or another.

Jehovah`s Witness

Robert Jones

1. How the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses is stuctured, how it operates, and how it exercises control over its members. 2. What Jehovah's Witnesses believe, why, and who determines doctrine.

It is a waste of time to argue with Jehovah's Witnesses or to present lists of scriptural proofs to show where they are in error. Jehovah's Witnesses listen only the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" and immediately accept changes that come through the pages of The Watchtower magazine.

I survived 1975. For 32 years, from 1968 to 2000, I embraced and promoted everything coming through Jehovah's sole channel of communication, the "Faithful and Discreet Slave." I accepted doctrinal changes as "new light", meat in due season, from the Slave Class.

Was an elder the last 13 years, WT Study Conductor, Congregation Secretary, Book Study Conductor, and occasional Pioneer. Never "irregular" or "inactive" as the labels go. I have not been reproved or disfellowshipped. I no longer attend meetings or practice the religion. I have not started smoking, drinking, gambling, using drugs, or had any sort of emotional breakdown. How silly.

I am not a servant of the "Faithful and Discreet Slave", the WTBTS, or any other man-made organization. I hope to explain, not defend, the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses. I believe in universal truths such as kindness, humility, charity, and love. I do not believe that God selected a special group, the Jews or CT Russell followers for example, to receive a special message or blessing. I do not believe that one religion has it all right and therfore other religions are wrong. I believe it is a delusion for one group of humans to claim that "God chose us and therefore God did not choose you." I consider spirituality to be a personal endeavor that each person must discover for themselves.

Degree in Computer Programming. Not applicable here.