Jehovah`s Witness/matthew 6;9

Question
QUESTION: reason why we take Jehovah as our father

ANSWER: Hello and thank you for the question.

I am not quite sure what you are asking. Are you asking what makes God our Father? Are you asking why specifically Jehovah? Please clarify for me and I will be more than happy to get you an answer.

Thanks,
Ben

QUESTION: why do we take Jehovah as our father

Answer
Asante,

I do not currently believe that the Bible teaches that the name of Jehovah is exclusively given of the Father. I believe that the name "Jehovah" is the English translation of the Hebrew tetragrammaton YHWH and that Jesus applied many claims of the Old Testament Jehovah and applied them to Himself. I believe that the Bible teaches that Jehovah is the name given of the Tri-une God. If you would like to discuss the Trinity in detail or anything else that I said, please let me know.

As far as the term "father" goes, I believe that God is our Father only in the sense of source. He is the source of life for the creation. So in this sense, He is the Father of all creation. Now, as far as Him being the Father in a relational sense, only those who are born again and thus receive the Spirit of adoption are truly son's and daughters of the Most High God. You can read the beginning half of John 1 and Romans 8 for more info on that.

Thanks for your question and please let me know if you need any clarification or have any additional questions.

Ben

Jehovah`s Witness

Ben Erdman