Jehovah`s Witness/O yea of little faith?

Mr. Jones,

May I ask you a question about the FDS class?

I know you don't believe and accept them as the group of (imperfect) people that Jesus is using today to feed his people.

But if not them, who then is the FDS (Faithful and Discrete Slave) that Jesus was referring to?

Mat 24:45 KJV - Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

Is it Christendom, which one?

I know the FDS made mistakes but so what? We're all imperfect and make mistakes. I'm sure you make mistakes too but so what?

Does this mean end of the line because someone makes a mistake - especially a mistake like speculative dates?

Really, what kind of faith must one have in order to passover something that is non-essential to salvation?

Really what kind of faith one must have in order to listen and analyze the situation when someone said "eat my flesh and drink my blood?

Yet those listening to Jesus abandoned him! Imagine that, a perfect human Son of God abandoned by people of "yea with little faith".

What a shame indeed - they missed out the opportune of a lifetime!

But in contrast, how much faith do you have in human judges in our court system?

Should we get rid of them - all of them because they make mistakes in their judgements? Should we consider them useless, of NO value at all since they can be bribe and can be biased in their decisions?

If you say NO, what of the FDS, must we abandon them also and conclude that they are useless and worthless just because the made mistakes?

Really where's your faith in Jesus words?

(Matthew 24:45) ““Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time?”

You ask a sincere, even if challenging, question. So I will try answer with the same sincerity and straightforwardness.

Mt. 24:45 is an illustration about being faithful vs. being unfaithful. Nothing more. You already know that Jesus often spoke in illustrations using characters that were common to the people back then. You will recognize these examples that Jesus used in illustrations, the sower, the reaper, a tax collector, a beggar, the slave who said he would but didn't, the slave who said he wouldn't but did, the prodigal son, the 10 virgins, the slave who hide the talent, and so many more. They are stories to illustrate a point. No one goes around saying "We listen to the prodigal son class" or "we must positively identify the beggar class that Jehovah is using." No, that is ridiculous.

But let us return specifically to Mt. 24, two verses earlier at verse 43. It's about the householder and the thief. Do you recognize this as an illustration about keeping spiritually awake? Does verse 43 need to be dissected and have the householder and thief identified for it to be understood? I hope you see that it does not. In fact, it is rather ridiculous to go to such extremes to try to call out who you think the householder is or who the thief is. That misses the whole point of the story, and it is a story.

So why is it that some see a need to dissect verse 45 and call out who they think the faithful servant is? When this is an illustration about anyone who would be faithful. Jose, maybe you are like the faithful servant? Or maybe I am? But for a group to claim it for themselves as some exclusive club? Aw come on! For a group to say "Jehovah chose ME as the faithful and discreet slave and therefore all authority is has been given to ME" is apostasy like none other. Who makes one person to be over another when Jehovah says that he is NOT a respecter of persons but that anyone....and you know the rest of the story.
Robert Jones

Jehovah`s Witness

Robert Jones

1. How the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses is stuctured, how it operates, and how it exercises control over its members. 2. What Jehovah's Witnesses believe, why, and who determines doctrine.

It is a waste of time to argue with Jehovah's Witnesses or to present lists of scriptural proofs to show where they are in error. Jehovah's Witnesses listen only the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" and immediately accept changes that come through the pages of The Watchtower magazine.

I survived 1975. For 32 years, from 1968 to 2000, I embraced and promoted everything coming through Jehovah's sole channel of communication, the "Faithful and Discreet Slave." I accepted doctrinal changes as "new light", meat in due season, from the Slave Class.

Was an elder the last 13 years, WT Study Conductor, Congregation Secretary, Book Study Conductor, and occasional Pioneer. Never "irregular" or "inactive" as the labels go. I have not been reproved or disfellowshipped. I no longer attend meetings or practice the religion. I have not started smoking, drinking, gambling, using drugs, or had any sort of emotional breakdown. How silly.

I am not a servant of the "Faithful and Discreet Slave", the WTBTS, or any other man-made organization. I hope to explain, not defend, the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses. I believe in universal truths such as kindness, humility, charity, and love. I do not believe that God selected a special group, the Jews or CT Russell followers for example, to receive a special message or blessing. I do not believe that one religion has it all right and therfore other religions are wrong. I believe it is a delusion for one group of humans to claim that "God chose us and therefore God did not choose you." I consider spirituality to be a personal endeavor that each person must discover for themselves.

Degree in Computer Programming. Not applicable here.