Jehovah`s Witness/Personal Dedication

Why making a personal dedication to God lead to happiness? Give some examples from the bible and our daily lives.
Thank you Sister T.

Hello and thanks for writing,

Making a personal dedication to Jehovah brings unfounded joy and happiness right now, and will result in ever lasting life in the new system.  

When we dedicate ourselves to God to do his will, it's an act of Faith.  The Bible tells us that the drawing close to God is God for us at Ps 73:28:  

"But as for me, the drawing near to God is good for me.
In the Sovereign Lord Jehovah I have placed my refuge,
To declare all your works."

And in Chapter 73 we see the example of A'saph who started to feel down because of feeling envious of boasters and wicked ones who seemed to get away with things.  

And in vs. 14 he says he was plagued all day long...but we see in vs. 17, not until he went into God's grand sanctuary, which we can compare to the Kingdom Hall in our day, he learned that those wicked ones were nothing to be envious of.  

vs 27 "For, look! the very ones keeping away from you will perish.
You will certainly silence every one immorally leaving you."

He was refreshed there and said this in vs. 23:

"But I am constantly with you; You have taken hold of my right hand."

We can see his drawing close to Jehovah caused him joy.  

We know that it will not always be easy to walk with God while living among “a crooked and twisted generation,” but we trust in God’s promise to support us in our efforts. (Phil. 2:15; 4:13) We know that we are imperfect, but we are confident that Jehovah will deal mercifully with us even when we make mistakes. (Read Psalm 103:13, 14; Romans 7:21-25.) We have faith that Jehovah will reward our resolve to keep our integrity.  Job 27:5.

Also dedicating ourselves to Jehovah involves giving of ourselves and Jesus said there is more happiness in giving than in receiving (Acts 20:35)

We know today many people are more interested in personal pursuits, attaining riches, glory, fame etc. but we know from people who have attained those things that it doesn't lead to true happiness and genuine satisfaction at all.

Those who dedicate themselves to Jehovah find long-lasting happiness. (Matt. 6:24) The honor of being “God’s fellow workers” makes them happy, yet their dedication is not to a work but to our appreciative God. (1 Cor. 3:9) No one could be more appreciative of their self-sacrifice than he is. He will even restore his loyal ones to their youth so that they can benefit from his care forever.  Job 33:25; read Hebrews 6:10.

Dedicating your life to Jehovah brings you into a close relationship with him. The Bible says: “Draw close to God, and he will draw close to you.” (Jas. 4:8; Ps. 25:14) .

Personally, I have been on both sides of things, and I can say without doubt that I am much happier being dedicated to Jehovah and serving him to the best of my ability.  

There is the peace of God that excels all thought (Phil 4:6,7)  a true inner joy and peace that only God can give and that no human can take away.  No matter what external things take place, having a relationship with Jehovah can't be compared to anything.  As Abraham was called Jehovah's friend (James 2:23) we too can be Jehovah's friends, and being a friend of Jehovah, I can honestly say that I have seen God's Holy Spirit at work in my life.  He comforts, provides, he protects, he answers prayers, he sustains, why just observing his commandments is a protection for his servants in itself.  

Matt 6:33,34 "Keep on, then, seeking first the kingdom and his righteousness, and all these [other] things will be added to ​YOU. 34 So, never be anxious about the next day, for the next day will have its own anxieties. Sufficient for each day is its own badness."

When you are in a point in your life when you have exhausted all possible avenues, and things look impossible, that's when God does the possible, as the scripture says with man things are impossible but with God anything is possible, (Matt 19:26).   I know this first hand, I lived it and I am here today because my God Jehovah who is loyal and faithful and has never let me down.  When I had no one, Jehovah was there, and he brought me through more then I care to speak about.  I will forever remain dedicated to him forever.  I love Jehovah God with my whole soul, with everything that I am, having the privilege to be one of his servants is unbounded joy and incomparable inner peace.  

Putting him first and having a relationship with the God of this universe, knowing that he listens to my prayers and answers them according to his will...what else can one ask for?  I don't think anything compares to that.  That is what my dedication means to me and why it brings me happiness as my God Jehovah IS God!!  

Take care,

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T

Please click here--> For your Free Home Bible Study

I can answer questions related to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bible. I love learning the truth from the Bible and helping others to learn that truth as well. I don't know everything but will answer from the Bible, I like to use illustrations as well to help a person relate to what is being said. The Bible has the last say so over any person.

I am an active baptized Jehovah's Witness and Jehovah is Almighty God,(Ps. 83:18) and his Son Jesus Christ died so that everyone exercising faith in him may not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16). I support my fellow Witnesses on this board who are real, and Jehovah's worldwide visible organization, including the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. As God is not a God of disorder, and there could not be order if there were not ones to take the lead. Taking the lead and having a leader is not the same, our leader is Jesus Christ, and in order to have unity and order, there has to be arrangements in place. As the first century Christians had, there were men taking the lead, (Acts 6:1-6) as with Moses, (Exodus 18:21) and in our day, in following with Bible truths, we do the same. When people twist that around to us worshiping men, it is just a straight out lie! Why would the Scripture at 1 Tim. 3:1-10, 12, 13 give the criteria for men reaching out for an office of overseer if that was not meant to be? (Phil 1:1, Acts 20:17, 28, Eph. 4:11, 12, 2 Cor. 3:4-6). If we were not supposed to have men who take the lead, why was this scripture penned? James 5:14-15 "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

If you have legit questions and want to know the truth, please ask, but if you are here to spread your lies and twists of the scriptures or get your falsehoods out, you may get rejected! The truth is from the Bible, if what you say does not harmonize with the Bible then what you say is wrong! Context and other scriptures help determine scriptures that may stump us, let scripture interpret scripture. The Bible does not contradict itself, so if what you are being taught or if what you are teaching makes it seem like the Bible is contradictory, remember it's not the Bible it's the man-made teaching! Doctrines of men! Mark 7:6, 7 "He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men." (also Romans 10:2, 3)

Matthew 24:14 says "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." We are doing that today, we are living in times of Bible Prophecy and as a Jehovah's Witness, we have the privilege to be apart of a prophecy spoken by Jesus himself! The good news of the Kingdom. Ask yourself, what kingdom? then read Daniel 2:44! It's a real government. Take heed now! Listening to men over God will mean your life.(Prov 3:5,6, Ps. 146:3) A lie will never become truth, No matter how long or how many people say it or speak it. Learn what the Bible really teaches, seek out Jehovah's ways, serving God in truth is only acceptable to him,(John 4:23, 24) you can not be serving God acceptably if what you believe is a lie! Pray for understanding and ask Jehovah to search your heart and draw you! (John 6:44, 65) Now is the time to be with the people who are called by Jehovah's name! (Acts 15:14, 17, Isa. 43:7, 10, Zech 8:23)